• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hosting and then traveling to play the LA Dodgers

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's probably out at the plate if he doesn't eat it there.

Yeah that was one of the reasons I was responding to your we would need a lucky HR to win the game by saying we scored 2 runs by luck so why not. If Fielder does not fall down he is out and a good throw to 1st and he is out and we score zilch until the 9th.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this team continues to win, as they've been frustratingly bad on offense at times and their bullpen is a mess. Whatever, keep chalking up wins till Hamilton and Beltre come back.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are in contention come the trade deadline, who can we realistically trade to pick up some valuable BP pieces?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how this team continues to win, as they've been frustratingly bad on offense at times and their bullpen is a mess. Whatever, keep chalking up wins till Hamilton and Beltre come back.

That starting pitching has to get much of the credit. They have been ridiculously good.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are in contention come the trade deadline, who can we realistically trade to pick up some valuable BP pieces?

I'm honestly not willing to give up much because I don't believe we're really contenders.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get at least 2 of the 3 pitchers back that are on the DL then we could trade starting pitching for bullpen help. Hanser Alberto could be in play as well. Then there are several guys in the minors that would be tradeable.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly not willing to give up much because I don't believe we're really contenders.
I agree, but if they are right there close in late July do you think JD will refrain from making trades? Can he afford to admit they aren't contenders?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Gameday on the beach, glad this one turned out. I thought surely Banny was taking Chi Chi out after walking Kendrick. Turner has been good this year and I was concerned Gonzo was tiring

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I still am skeptical myself. However, if they are in contention at the deadline with this BP, something is working.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get at least 2 of the 3 pitchers back that are on the DL then we could trade starting pitching for bullpen help. Hanser Alberto could be in play as well. Then there are several guys in the minors that would be tradeable.

That's sort of what I was thinking and also when we get Beltre, Hamilton, and DeSheilds backwe would have some wiggle room there as well. Although health is something I never will count on with Hamilton.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really hate trading any of our pitchers. But a lot of that has to do if we could resign Gallardo. I can see trading Wandy. But until Harrison, Perez and Holland are actually out on the mound pitching I really do not want to deplete that area of the team. And we also really do not know what we will get out of Harrison when he does come back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That starting pitching has to get much of the credit. They have been ridiculously good.
I think so too. If you look at the number of games that our offense has scored 3 runs or less this season it is almost the exact same number as during the first 65 games last year. 32 games of 3 runs or less for our offense this year and 33 of those low scoring games last year after 65 games. Yet this years team is 5 games over .500 and last year's team at that point was 3 games under .500.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hate trading any of our pitchers. But a lot of that has to do if we could resign Gallardo. I can see trading Wandy. But until Harrison, Perez and Holland are actually out on the mound pitching I really do not want to deplete that area of the team. And we also really do not know what we will get out of Harrison when he does come back.
I think we are going to have to make those determinations by how they pitch in their rehab assignments. I agree about Wandy being the first I would trade, but when the second pitcher comes back some tough decisions are going to be made unless they carry through with the 6 man rotation idea. I hope that idea was floated out there just so it appears to other teams that we don't have to trade starting pitching. I understand about not wanting to deplete that area, but it sure could shore up another depleted area. Then again, I agree with Romeo that we really aren't contenders, but I don't think JD can afford to operate with that mindset.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that their most tradeable non prospect pieces are Wandy and Yovani and you would need those guys unless you thought two of Holland, Perez, and Harrison could come in and contribute. And why would a team give up good BP pieces for starters? They would have to get prospects to then flip for bullpen pieces.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won't be too long, I would think.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Gameday on the beach, glad this one turned out. I thought surely Banny was taking Chi Chi out after walking Kendrick. Turner has been good this year and I was concerned Gonzo was tiring
Watching Gameday on the beach? Oh get outta here!:cocktail:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that their most tradeable non prospect pieces are Wandy and Yovani and you would need those guys unless you thought two of Holland, Perez, and Harrison could come in and contribute. And why would a team give up good BP pieces for starters? They would have to get prospects to then flip for bullpen pieces.

So what do you do if you get say Holland and Perez back? Do you send back down Chi Chi? I don't see how you can at this point. Maybe you send down some BP guys and ease the starters back in coming off of injury through the BP? I could see that with Perez maybe but not Holland. Or maybe you toss someone that is in the rotation in the pen. Or even better maybe pigs fly and Feliz finds his 99-101 fast ball - I kid.

But seriously what do you do in that situation, it's tough to say who gets shafted. Might be clearer when/if that time comes.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Gameday on the beach? Oh get outta here!:cocktail:

Had my phone tuned in to game day, couldnt miss much more Rangers baseball. Only a few days left here though, gotta enjoy it while we can. Found out Im a pretty damn good surfer this week. May be my calling when I retire in a few years.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Hambombs! Warriors won it all!