• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers hosting and then traveling to play the LA Dodgers

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this KC voting joke continues, and the NL beats the unholy hell outta the AL at the AS game.

Maybe this will wake up the powers to be at the corporate level of baseball and get the game back to being an exhibition and nothing more.

This is all so ridiculous to me.

Absolutely.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make you wonder why they didn't bring up someone who could play CF like Nick Williams. I also wonder if at some point they consider getting some of our young MIF some work in CF to give the team some flexibility. Maybe something to consider for Winter ball.

Doesn't make me wonder at all, Nick Williams may have earned a promotion to AAA with his play at this point, but he'd probably be clueless against ML pitching at this point based on his past struggles, and even his improvement this year is littered with the same piss poor approach at the plate he's always had

Gallo, despite all his struggles the the strikeout, actually has an excellent approach at the plate, just a lot of swing and miss in his game

And why put him on the 40 man roster so much sooner than you would have to? That just creates massive roster headaches going forward

Is it your goal to have nothing but first and second year players on this team? Starting and on the bench? B/c everytime a roster spot comes open you want to promote the top prospects we have at those positions

This isn't MLB: The Show, its not a video game

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make me wonder at all, Nick Williams may have earned a promotion to AAA with his play at this point, but he'd probably be clueless against ML pitching at this point based on his past struggles, and even his improvement this year is littered with the same piss poor approach at the plate he's always had

Gallo, despite all his struggles the the strikeout, actually has an excellent approach at the plate, just a lot of swing and miss in his game

And why put him on the 40 man roster so much sooner than you would have to? That just creates massive roster headaches going forward

Is it your goal to have nothing but first and second year players on this team? Starting and on the bench? B/c everytime a roster spot comes open you want to promote the top prospects we have at those positions

This isn't MLB: The Show, its not a video game
No, but it does seem that your goal is to find some fault with most of everything I say so I really never pay much attention to your opinion any more. I don't know what your problem is, but I hope you find a way to get over it. Life is too short for that kind of thing. You need to loosen up and not take baseball discussions so seriously and hold grudges against folks just because you have had a disagreement with them in the past about something like baseball.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but it does seem that your goal is to find some fault with most of everything I say so I really never pay much attention to your opinion any more. I don't know what your problem is, but I hope you find a way to get over it. Life is too short for that kind of thing. You need to loosen up and not take baseball discussions so seriously and hold grudges against folks just because you have had a disagreement with them in the past about something like baseball.

Ha, if thats what you think is going on, then you sir, are the one that needs to lighten up. And I'm certainly not holding any grudges, but if you're ignoring things I'm saying then you certainly are. Congrats you hypocrite.

I just happen to disagree with A LOT of your opinions with the roster going forward. If that bothers you, people disagreeing with you, then perhaps a message board isn't the place for you. You have your opinion and I have mine. You seem to think they can treat the roster like its a video game where there are no consequences to actions today down the road.

Edit: And if I disagree with anything anyone says on here, I don't mind saying so, so don't take it personal, you're not that special.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Holland (shoulder) is hoping to rejoin the Rangers' rotation in late July.

Advice: It's a rough timetable, as Holland won't be cleared to resume throwing off a mound until at least later this week. "Let’s just stick with the last of July, not even get into August because I’m going to do everything I can to get back before that," he said. "I feel great throwing, no setbacks. Nothing at all has bothered me; the ball is coming out of the hand really good. I feel great."

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Holland (shoulder) is hoping to rejoin the Rangers' rotation in late July.

Advice: It's a rough timetable, as Holland won't be cleared to resume throwing off a mound until at least later this week. "Let’s just stick with the last of July, not even get into August because I’m going to do everything I can to get back before that," he said. "I feel great throwing, no setbacks. Nothing at all has bothered me; the ball is coming out of the hand really good. I feel great."

I swear, and I have nothing concrete to base this on at all, but I've just got a very, very uneasy feeling about Holland coming back.

Is that just me being namby-pamby or what?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the forecasters are correct, tonight's game is some serious jeopardy.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, personally I'm not worried, but its certainly reasonable to be worried

Did you mean this response about the weather or Holland? I suspect it was Holland. hahaha

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, and I have nothing concrete to base this on at all, but I've just got a very, very uneasy feeling about Holland coming back.

I worry about Holland in the sense that he's young and moving full steam ahead. He's busting ass to get back, and I love that, but I worry that he rushed to get back during ST and it caught up to him then, and I worry it'll happen again.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about Holland in the sense that he's young and moving full steam ahead. He's busting ass to get back, and I love that, but I worry that he rushed to get back during ST and it caught up to him then, and I worry it'll happen again.
Just have to trust trainers and doctors.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, personally I'm not worried, but its certainly reasonable to be worried
Its a big reason I don't want to lose many of our pitchers and would be open in resigning Gallardo. I am not thinking just about this year but next. We trade off pitchers and those on the DL have setbacks then we are short handed in that area next season. But I feel confident that JD and company will have that in the back of their mind.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started to rain in the Dallas area.

Here in Gun Barrel we got showers on/off all morning and one was pretty intense.

Again, from the weather guys who make the predictions for real, lots of heavy rain near/in Arlington early evening.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope this KC voting joke continues, and the NL beats the unholy hell outta the AL at the AS game.

Maybe this will wake up the powers to be at the corporate level of baseball and get the game back to being an exhibition and nothing more.

This is all so ridiculous to me.

I think it's a riot. Make the entire KCR roster compete in the Home Run Derby. Screw up their bats for the entire second half. No way they get that many votes out of KC. Rest of the ALC cities are pulling for them too.

ASG is a pure joke. Haven't watched it for years.

Players should nominate the top 3 per position ... not from their own roster on May 31. Then fans vote the starters. Manager picks the rest of the roster from nominees and those players previously nominated or who are in the top 3 spots in MVP categories by position.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, if thats what you think is going on, then you sir, are the one that needs to lighten up. And I'm certainly not holding any grudges, but if you're ignoring things I'm saying then you certainly are. Congrats you hypocrite.

I just happen to disagree with A LOT of your opinions with the roster going forward. If that bothers you, people disagreeing with you, then perhaps a message board isn't the place for you. You have your opinion and I have mine. You seem to think they can treat the roster like its a video game where there are no consequences to actions today down the road.

Edit: And if I disagree with anything anyone says on here, I don't mind saying so, so don't take it personal, you're not that special.
It is nothing to do with me being special and you know that. You go after several things I say and then act as if I am the one being sensitive. If that makes you feel better then so be it.

People disagree with me on message boards all the time so don't pretend that it is me that can't take criticism. I have no problem with about 98% of the disagreement that I come across. I have developed some friendships along the way with some guys that I disagree with a lot of the time because of the way we treat each other in disagreeing.

Video games have nothing to do with how I think roster decisions should be made.

The team is currently going without a true backup CF right now and I suggested that they take what I thought was the best CF option from the upper levels of the minor leagues. There is nothing wrong with that thought process even if you don't think it would be the best thing to do. To insist that anyone with that thought is acting as if they are playing a video game is ridiculous. There is a roster move that can be made right now to facilitate that move and there are going to be several others to make within the next 6 weeks or so. There would be no roster crisis if Nick Williams got added to the roster.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is nothing to do with me being special and you know that. You go after several things I say and then act as if I am the one being sensitive. If that makes you feel better then so be it.

People disagree with me on message boards all the time so don't pretend that it is me that can't take criticism. I have no problem with about 98% of the disagreement that I come across. I have developed some friendships along the way with some guys that I disagree with a lot of the time because of the way we treat each other in disagreeing.

Video games have nothing to do with how I think roster decisions should be made.

The team is currently going without a true backup CF right now and I suggested that they take what I thought was the best CF option from the upper levels of the minor leagues. There is nothing wrong with that thought process even if you don't think it would be the best thing to do. To insist that anyone with that thought is acting as if they are playing a video game is ridiculous. There is a roster move that can be made right now to facilitate that move and there are going to be several others to make within the next 6 weeks or so. There would be no roster crisis if Nick Williams got added to the roster.

Did I say JUST Nick Williams, you've also advocated Mazara and a couple others, adding all these guys to the 40 man roster everytime we have an injury is foolishness, and I won't back off of that.... Jared Hoying would make a better short term option (3 weeks) than Nick Williams, but you immediately go with the guy you LIKE more, not the guy that makes more sense in the short term

You implied I had a problem with you and I don't except when you pull this prima donna nonsense, yet immediately admit you ignore most things I say, also implying you have a problem with me

Seriously get over yourself, and the ignore function works just fine, since you're the one that ignores what people have to say anyway, won't bother me in the slightest