• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Twins August 15-18

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a lot more complicated. Not interested in taking away ABs from Willie Rakes. We even don't have Gallo playing. Pence and Choo are better hitters. Just a logjam between OF and DH.
Would really like a fir competition for starting spots next spring.

Really points in us moving one of these guys

I think two for sure actually..........Pence is gone, as well he should be - with our blessings too - which leaves us with Choo, if the financial circumstances can stand it, or maybe DDJ.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for the compliment.......But I sincerely am asking you to stop posting SO MANY Odorisms.......IMO, it's not some sort of conspiracy theory that Odor will play no matter what.

Seriously, the guy has some talent, and perhaps most importantly, he's not standing in anyones way - at least with this team as it's currently configured - so it's really not costing us anything OTHER THAN frustrating the shit out of some of us.

And I don't think his contract is so burdensome that the FO will not hesitate to kick his butt to the curb as our parts improve......Relax man
It is not a conspiracy. It is his contract. I do think he could have another year like this one next year, one where he plays at this level and still plays just about every day.

We have a 2B at AAA now who is knocking the cover off of the ball, so Roogie will be blocking someone next April.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Guz in AAA. Don't have a regular 3b and the there is Odor.

I'd play IKF and maybe give Calhoun some reps at 3B. Guess they are so roster heavy in the OF it limits you. Wisdom no longer on the roster.

Just like to see more look sees. They sure are not trying Solak at 3B Matt Davison who Woodward likes is starting. Really an open spot for next year IMO

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranger pregame crew, Pudge and Mac sure sold on Mazara being an everyday player

If Maz could hit .240ish against lefties, then I'm all in on him playing everyday.......He's a better OF to me than most seem to think..............Gets a good jump on the ball - granted with limited speed - but has excellent arm, and overall, I really like his attitude.....Needs to improve his power, and he's still very young. This may indeed come and come alot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they would be a lot of fun to watch with their .813 winning percentage.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd play IKF and maybe give Calhoun some reps at 3B. Guess they are so roster heavy in the OF it limits you. Wisdom no longer on the roster.

Just like to see more look sees. They sure are not trying Solak at 3B Matt Davison who Woodward likes is starting. Really an open spot for next year IMO
No, lol, they are trying Solak in the most glutted spot in the organization, the OF.

3B would be a prime spot to fill with a short term FA with the purpose of flipping him in mind. That and catcher.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Maz could hit .240ish against lefties, then I'm all in on him playing everyday.......He's a better OF to me than most seem to think..............Gets a good jump on the ball - granted with limited speed - but has excellent arm, and overall, I really like his attitude.....Needs to improve his power, and he's still very young. This may indeed come and come alot.

This evaluation is tough. Because he looks like a guy who profiles in RF but to me so does Gallo. We have holes but in the logjams no one other than Gallo and Choo and Pence as one of the upper echelon players in the league.

Need to have more elite guys on this roster

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% if he hits.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a conspiracy. It is his contract. I do think he could have another year like this one next year, one where he plays at this level and still plays just about every day.

We have a 2B at AAA now who is knocking the cover off of the ball, so Roogie will be blocking someone next April.

Some on here seem to feel it is exactly this......Odor plays at anyone's and everyone's expense no matter what is the attitude and I don't think this is for real......Perhaps just my interpertation.

Then come next April, let the competition begin, and where the chips land, so-be-it........But don't close your mind to the reality of Odor winning that competition is all I'm saying........And I don't think JD & Co would ever allow a contract to dictate.......Maybe I'm jaded.......And I'm 'definitely' not a JD cheerleader.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, lol, they are trying Solak in the most glutted spot in the organization, the OF.

3B would be a prime spot to fill with a short term FA with the purpose of flipping him in mind. That and catcher.

Guess he is playing some 2B too. 3B is head scratcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, Palumbo has kept his opponent hitless through the first three innings.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This evaluation is tough. Because he looks like a guy who profiles in RF but to me so does Gallo. We have holes but in the logjams no one other than Gallo and Choo and Pence as one of the upper echelon players in the league.

Need to have more elite guys on this roster
It is tough. No one wants to see Gallo Calhoun Santana or Mazara go. That leaves Pence and DDJ. Still left needing a CF if Gallo plays RF. Gets tough quick.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some on here seem to feel it is exactly this......Odor plays at anyone's and everyone's expense no matter what is the attitude and I don't think this is for real......Perhaps just my interpertation.

Then come next April, let the competition begin, and where the chips land, so-be-it........But don't close your mind to the reality of Odor winning that competition is all I'm saying........And I don't think JD & Co would ever allow a contract to dictate.......Maybe I'm jaded.......And I'm 'definitely' not a JD cheerleader.
Myself, I do believe they let the contract dictate. I believe that so much that I am against extending anyone who isn't both proven and young.

To me the competition for 2B has already been taking place and Odor has beaten himself if there are any other viable possibilities. Since we traded for Solak there is indeed a very viable alternative. That means to me the competition is over. ST results should not be relied on. Regular season up here and AAA play are more telling than ST.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meanwhile, Palumbo has kept his opponent hitless through the first three innings.

Well Palumbo is not facing the Twins but TR wisely points our SP out Payano and these hard hits as we hear Raymond praise him while he walks a batter

Last edited:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fellas.....go Rangers..........I'm headed to Atlanta in the 'very early AM' and catching the Braves vs the Dodgers tomorrow night.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough. No one wants to see Gallo Calhoun Santana or Mazara go. That leaves Pence and DDJ. Still left needing a CF if Gallo plays RF. Gets tough quick.

For sure. We need a stronger arm like Gallo in CF but really need a Buxton/ Brinson type who can hit and maybe lead off. DDJ and Willie can be thrown on. Martin stretched out a double that he would not have done on another CF Just not the right mix of OF/DH types

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fellas.....go Rangers..........I'm headed to Atlanta in the 'very early AM' and catching the Braves vs the Dodgers tomorrow night.

Have a blast Don....enjoy!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ain't Beltre out there at 3rd gentleman..........

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make it a safe trip.