• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Angels For Three Games May 17-19

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i had gall bladder surgery 2 years ago and have had some long term health issues currently

But I have been walking alot to stay healthy
Blessed and approaching retirement
it is ok to slow down
I retired in 2015 and walk 5 miles a day, Monday through Friday. Weather permitting.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shawn McFarland of the Dallas Morning News:

Texas’ bullpen owns a league-worst 5.23 ERA and has allowed 18 of 26 inherited runners to score in the last 10 games. If you remove Kirby Yates (0.98 ERA in 18 and 1/3 innings) and David Robertson (2.28 ERA in 23 and 2/3 innings), that number balloons to a 6.58 ERA. The difference between that and the league’s second-worst bullpen (Toronto, 5.07 ERA) is the same gap as the Blue Jays and the 12th-ranked St. Louis Cardinals (3.59).

The Rangers are 13-1 when both Yates and Robertson pitch and are 11-23 when just one or neither throws. They can’t be used every day, though, and the internal reinforcements are sparse. Expect the Rangers to be searching for bullpen help during trade season barring a miraculous turnaround.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Shawn McFarland of the Dallas Morning News:

Texas’ bullpen owns a league-worst 5.23 ERA and has allowed 18 of 26 inherited runners to score in the last 10 games. If you remove Kirby Yates (0.98 ERA in 18 and 1/3 innings) and David Robertson (2.28 ERA in 23 and 2/3 innings), that number balloons to a 6.58 ERA. The difference between that and the league’s second-worst bullpen (Toronto, 5.07 ERA) is the same gap as the Blue Jays and the 12th-ranked St. Louis Cardinals (3.59).

The Rangers are 13-1 when both Yates and Robertson pitch and are 11-23 when just one or neither throws. They can’t be used every day, though, and the internal reinforcements are sparse. Expect the Rangers to be searching for bullpen help during trade season barring a miraculous turnaround.
CY has not shown much interest in relief pitching for the last 2 or 3 years until he got DRob and Yates. I bet he will send one or two starters to the pen and think it is enough.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
CY has not shown much interest in relief pitching for the last 2 or 3 years until he got DRob and Yates. I bet he will send one or two starters to the pen and think it is enough.
You would think CY would have tried to get more help in the offseason.You didn’t need to break the bank.
He probably assumed after the playoffs and W.S. Improvement in the bullpen that he didn’t need to do as much in the offseason.
I still didn’t trust Leclerc going forward and I didn’t like Brock Burke as well and questioned his returning to the team. We all knew Chapman W.Smith and Stratton were not coming back.
We we’re fortunate to win the series. Gray was great out of the bullpen along with Sborz and Heaney. Every time Leclerc came in to close I had to hold my breath.
Now we can’t score runs. Some of this is on CY. Depth is terrible with the exception of Smith. Grossman and Kizner have no business being on this team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope both of you are ok. I appreciate what you both bring to this site.
Thanks. I am doing very well. I just have to take it easy for 3 or 4 weeks. I had been walking a 5 to 7 miles, 6 days a week, so that is the biggest change for me right now. I am supposed to limit it to a mile a day for awhile.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries to Church and Kelly, as well as to some of our starting pitchers, really makes the trade of Hoopii-Tuionetoa for Grossman seem very foolish. Anthony H. should be pitching for us now.

If we get our starters healthy and can have a rotation of Eovaldi. Gray, Lorenzen, Bradford and Dunning it will help the bullpen a great deal. Having Heaney and Urena in the pen should help a lot. Hopefully, Kelly is ready to come up by then as well. We really need Sborz back, too.

Our bullpen has way too many innings from Anderson, Hernandez, and Yerry, right now.

It would help the bullpen tremendously if this offense would just perform as they are capable of.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if the Rangers suddenly play much better against the Phillies.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually try to come up with my own personal, Rangers Top 30 Prospects List, about 3 times a year. I came very close to taking Langford off of the prospect list, but decided to keep him on this one.

1. Wyatt Langford
  2. Jack Leiter
  3. Sebastian Walcott
  4. Brock Porter
  5. Justin Foscue
  6. Kumar Rocker
  7. Dane Acker
  8. Abimelec Ortiz
  9. Emiliano Teodo
  10. Wilson Santos
  11. Owen White
  12. Jose Corniell
  13. Josh Stephan
  14. Yeison Morrobel
  15. Paulino Santana
  16. Anthony Gutierrez
  17. Mitch Bratt
  18. Cole Winn
  19. Blaine Crim
  20. Echedry Vargas
  21. Dustin Harris
  22. Jesus Lopez
  23. Antoine Kelly
  24. Aaron Zavala
  25. Marc Church
  26. Josh Hatcher
  27. Davis Wendzel
  28. Paul Bonzagni
  29. Joseph Montalvo
  30. Izack Tiger

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injuries to Church and Kelly, as well as to some of our starting pitchers, really makes the trade of Hoopii-Tuionetoa for Grossman seem very foolish. Anthony H. should be pitching for us now.

If we get our starters healthy and can have a rotation of Eovaldi. Gray, Lorenzen, Bradford and Dunning it will help the bullpen a great deal. Having Heaney and Urena in the pen should help a lot. Hopefully, Kelly is ready to come up by then as well. We really need Sborz back, too.

Our bullpen has way too many innings from Anderson, Hernandez, and Yerry, right now.

It would help the bullpen tremendously if this offense would just perform as they are capable of.
The trade was foolish. It made absolutely no sense and didn't add to the organization but the opposite. The problem now is they drop Grossman because that will admit they failed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my guess at ETA for some of our starting pitcher prospects. I am not guessing at when they might first make a spot appearance the way White and Leiter have done. This is me guessing at when they are brought up either to stay or for an extended period of time.

Leiter - early 2025
Porter - early 2027
Rocker - late 2026
Acker - mid 2025
Teodo - mid 2025
Santos - late 2026
White - mid 2025 as a reliever
Corniell - early 2026
Stephan - late 2025

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade was foolish. It made absolutely no sense and didn't add to the organization but the opposite. The problem now is they drop Grossman because that will admit they failed.
Well it made sense in theory to get a RHB but I. Reality he looks no beuno

And also it seem like it was too much even if he was a rule 5 guy

The Ranger bats have made LHP look like all stars. Some have mentioned Pham but that was a no go

I think the trade is also an indictment of the disappointment with Zeke

to me he needs regular playing time and might could use a reset in AAA

Please don’t consider me a fan of Robbie
Maybe they think the young guys need a mentor.
That is beyond me

Just trying to make sense while waiting on the comeback- it makes no sense —which I have no clever comeback for

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it made sense in theory to get a RHB but I. Reality he looks no beuno

And also it seem like it was too much even if he was a rule 5 guy

The Ranger bats have made LHP look like all stars. Some have mentioned Pham but that was a no go

I think the trade is also an indictment of the disappointment with Zeke

to me he needs regular playing time and might could use a reset in AAA

Please don’t consider me a fan of Robbie
Maybe they think the young guys need a mentor.
That is beyond me

Just trying to make sense while waiting on the comeback- it makes no sense —which I have no clever comeback for
I just think they grossly exaggerate Grossman's ability to help the club. Even if he was a good RH DH platoon, it would be a bad trade for me. Less than 30% of pitchers are LH. That is a very small niche to trade for. Just wait until the deadline to see if you still need that guy. If you do, trade for someone who can play other positions as well and who is a better overall hitter.

Hoopii-Tuionetoa could be up here now, and very well could be better than 3 of the guys in our bullpen presently. That was the real need.

And Grossman is still 6 for his last 55 as a Ranger, and that is a bigger sample size than Carter's big league at bats vs. lefties.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking of this.
If this year is a bust due to injuries then what better year to have Carter develop against LHPs
We are supposed to have a window just open up

You have to develop your future

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking of this.
If this year is a bust due to injuries then what better year to have Carter develop against LHPs
We are supposed to have a window just open up

You have to develop your future
Yeah, that is why I hated that they pretty much gave up on that when they traded for Grossman.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3