• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers close out road trip at the Motor City

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
personally i don't think they are close enough to contention for him to stay for that. and I think the Dodgers or Yankees will make him an offer he can't refuse.

and i don't think he's a trade candidate this summer. it would take an absurd amount of talent to land him, with no guarantee he sticks around.
My guess is that Moreno will sign him to a huge long term contract like he did with Mike Trout.

There are 3 reason’s and a bonus reason for this in my opinion.

1. Although he wants to win he likes where he’s playing. A huge contract bigger than anyone else changes everything.

2. Moreno switched course before the season started and decided to keep the team. He would have to go into free agency anyway and put out huge money for 2 positions and that’s if they are available, a No. 1 starter and a great DH.

3. The Dodgers will put up more money than the Yankees to land him and Moreno personally HATES the Dodgers so for that reason alone he’s going to keep him.

Bonus reason: The fans would run him out of town.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that Moreno will sign him to a huge long term contract like he did with Mike Trout.

There are 3 reason’s and a bonus reason for this in my opinion.

1. Although he wants to win he likes where he’s playing. A huge contract bigger than anyone else changes everything.

2. Moreno switched course before the season started and decided to keep the team. He would have to go into free agency anyway and put out huge money for 2 positions and that’s if they are available, a No. 1 starter and a great DH.

3. The Dodgers will put up more money than the Yankees to land him and Moreno personally HATES the Dodgers so for that reason alone he’s going to keep him.

Bonus reason: The fans would run him out of town.

Certainly possible. But I don't the Angels going anywhere, and I'd like to see Shohei playing in October. So I hope he leaves Anaheim.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of discussion:

hypothetically speaking, Shohei is out there for the taking as a free agent. who's on board with the Rangers making a legit play?

knowing that it's probably gonna take 10/450 minimum to even be in the conversation.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hypothetically speaking, Shohei is out there for the taking as a free agent. who's on board with the Rangers making a legit play?

knowing that it's probably gonna take 10/450 minimum to even be in the conversation.
Absolutely on board. Not sure management will want to spend that much after these last two offseasons but he's the most valuable player in all of baseball and it's not even close.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we don't take someone other than those 4 we should be okay.

reading through that article, it seems like it's feasible that the actual draft order could be any combination of them.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading through that article, it seems like it's feasible that the actual draft order could be any combination of them.
Yeah, it seems like most expect Crews to go first and many thing Skenes will go second. There is so much to like about Langford and Jenkins that I could see one of them going before Skenes.

I really want a hitter, but Skenes is touted so highly that it would be hard to be disappointed if the three hitters are all gone and we take Skenes.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers have one guy who they drafted last year that they can still sign before this year's draft. Here is Baseball America's report on him that they published on March 1.

Carson Dorsey, LHP, Gulf Coast (Fla.) State JC

Dorsey ranked No. 311 on the 2022 BA 500 and led Gulf Coast (Fla.) State JC in innings pitched in 2022. He is doing the same in 2023, with 25 innings after five starts, with a 0.36 ERA and 39 strikeouts (14.0 K/9) compared to 10 walks (3.6 BB/9).

While Dorsey still doesn’t have overpowering fastball velocity, his average is up a tick, going from 88-89 mph a year ago to 90-91 so far in 2023 and the pitch is still generating an above-average number of whiffs thanks to solid riding life. It also seems like Dorsey is throwing his breaking ball with a bit more consistent power in the upper 70s this spring, with better control as well.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really let someone else be burdened with his contract and not have enough money left to field enough good players with him to do anything worthwhile...