• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Claim Rios, but still have to work out deal.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like ellsbury too.. the only thing that would hold me back is the fact that Leonys looks like he may be growing into a (healthier) clone of him. So maybe it would be better getting a guy who not only can get on but can find a gap and drive in runs on a regular basis

Choo's your man then

C- McCann (FA)
1B- Moreland
2B- Kinsler
3b- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Choo (FA)
CF- Martin
RF- Rios
DH- "Profar" (I've already stated what I would do with Profar here, using the DH as a rotating spot with the 3 IFs)

Bench: Gentry/Beltre, Baker, Soto (Both Baker & Soto are FAs)

If Cruz takes the QO from the Rangers then you bring up someone else to be the UTIL guy and put Profar in AAA to play everyday

Rotation
Darvish
Holland
Garza
Harrison
Perez

Bullpen: Feliz, Scheppers, Ross, Cotts, Ogando, Soria

I'm not really for picking up Nathan's option, but its a possibility, that leaves a couple spots open for competition, maybe bring back Frasor and/or Wolf as a long man, who knows, or even Nathan

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo is 31 though. I'd be hesitant to give him more than 3 years. Maybe 3 years for choo and one of the young guys will be ready. Also remember that Cruz could be back for the playoffs. I dont know if he could contribute for us, especially sitting out 50 games and just popping back up in game 1 of the ALDS, but I'm just saying Rios, Cruz, and Martin during the playoffs sounds so nice.

Also, I haven't been doing my research on Rios very well because I had no idea how much speed he has. He has 26 stolen bases and covers a lot of ground in the outfield. That's awesome news.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo's your man then

C- McCann (FA)
1B- Moreland
2B- Kinsler
3b- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Choo (FA)
CF- Martin
RF- Rios
DH- "Profar" (I've already stated what I would do with Profar here, using the DH as a rotating spot with the 3 IFs)

If Cruz takes the QO from the Rangers then you bring up someone else to be the UTIL guy and put Profar in AAA to play everyday

Rotation
Darvish
Holland
Garza
Harrison
Perez

I'm not really for picking up Nathan's option, but its a possibility, that leaves a couple spots open for competition, maybe bring back Frasor and/or Wolf as a long man, who knows, or even Nathan

I'd rather have a Cruz-Martin-Choo OF personally but that doesn't seem very likely with this Rios deal. I really want them to keep Cruz though, I think he is a major player in the core of this team and a key clubhouse guy. I can also see Choo being a pretty tough to get commodity this OF.

I think having Profar at DH is a total waste of his talent too. If they are going to continue to do that to him... they are better off trading him IMO. Sure, he can be a utility guy sort of like MY was but thats pretty distracting for a young kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo is 31 though. I'd be hesitant to give him more than 3 years. Maybe 3 years for choo and one of the young guys will be ready. Also remember that Cruz could be back for the playoffs. I dont know if he could contribute for us, especially sitting out 50 games and just popping back up in game 1 of the ALDS, but I'm just saying Rios, Cruz, and Martin during the playoffs sounds so nice.

Also, I haven't been doing my research on Rios very well because I had no idea how much speed he has. He has 26 stolen bases and covers a lot of ground in the outfield. That's awesome news.

Yeah been thinking the "what if" Cruz comes back for the playoffs. Only move could be to take E. Beltre off the roster and add Cruz. Gives you depth in OF but lean towards Cruz being DH. Then there is the decision IF Berk comes back.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have a Cruz-Martin-Choo OF personally but that doesn't seem very likely with this Rios deal. I really want them to keep Cruz though, I think he is a major player in the core of this team and a key clubhouse guy. I can also see Choo being a pretty tough to get commodity this OF.

I think having Profar at DH is a total waste of his talent too. If they are going to continue to do that to him... they are better off trading him IMO. Sure, he can be a utility guy sort of like MY was but thats pretty distracting for a young kid.
Is that Tavares prospect at St Louis a LF?....one prospect for another to meet a need each team has....

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its looking like next years OF will be Rios, Martin, and Cruz or maybe as some have suggested Cruz DH's some and they go after another FA OF like Choo. But I doubt they want 3 OF making $10M+. I guess there is still a small hope that they trade for Stanton over the off season to. Personally, I like the Rios deal at the moment but I had higher hopes for the OF in the off season that having him seems to block.

Not a chance.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah been thinking the "what if" Cruz comes back for the playoffs. Only move could be to take E. Beltre off the roster and add Cruz. Gives you depth in OF but lean towards Cruz being DH. Then there is the decision IF Berk comes back.

You also don't know how effective a guy who just missed 2 months is gonna be

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo's your man then

C- McCann (FA)
1B- Moreland
2B- Kinsler
3b- Beltre
SS- Andrus
LF- Choo (FA)
CF- Martin
RF- Rios

Rotation
Darvish
Holland
Garza
Harrison
Perez

like your thinking. that's my thoughts for the positional players too. and as far as the pitching staff I think they bring back Nathan and Frasor but then what do we do with Feliz and Ogando?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seems to be handling it pretty well

I'm not advocating keeping him at DH full time either, he'd be in the field at 3 days a week

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a chance.

I am pretty confident there is a chance... it might be a huge long shot, but there is a chance. I still pretty confident JD is going to call on him at the very least.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like your thinking. that's my thoughts for the positional players too. and as far as the pitching staff I think they bring back Nathan and Frasor but then what do we do with Feliz and Ogando?

bullpen is their future, imo

I don't really see the need for Nathan, but I could totally see him being back for 1 more year, I just think he's on the verge of losing it and I don't want him when that happens

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty confident there is a chance... it might be a huge long shot, but there is a chance.

I would rather see us concentrate on re-signing Garza, Soto, Frasor, Baker and, yes, Cruz, sign McCann & Choo and pick Nathan's option.

that would give us a batting order of

Choo LF
Andrus SS
Kinsler 2B
Beltre 3B
McCann C
Cruz DH
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Martin CF

with Baker, Beltre, Gentry & Soto as our bench

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies DFA'ed Delmon Young, how about the Rangers pick him up for the DH role

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather see us concentrate on re-signing Garza, Soto, Frasor, Baker and, yes, Cruz, sign McCann & Choo and pick Nathan's option.

Choo LF
Andrus SS
Kinsler 2B
Beltre 3B
McCann C
Cruz DH
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Martin CF

Although I don't believe they will be able to make a trade for Stanton(odds are low), if they did, it wouldn't really interfere with any FA acquisitions as Stanton is very cheap at the moment. The only thing he would cost you is prospects. This is why its a long shots for the Marlins to trade him, he doesn't cost much and he is great player.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Choo LF
Andrus SS
Kinsler 2B
Beltre 3B
McCann C
Cruz DH
Rios RF
Moreland 1B
Martin CF

You would need a UTIL guy that can play SS, so one of Gentry or Beltre would have to go