• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Baseball League

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's when you set the limits to X amount of add/drops per week.

Then if you REALLY wanted to... you could lock the rosters for the playoffs. (no add/drops)

I'd rather set innings limits than add/drop limits. Add/drop limits become a bit of a sticky situation if a team loses 2-3 guys in one week and then has to use his adds on injuries and perhaps DH starts due to playing in an NL park. I'd rather allow as many add/drops as needed and just restrict how many innings the pitchers can throw. When I said I didn't want it to turn into a contest of adding the most players, I was really referring to extreme streaming of pitchers where you add a whole new roster of probable starting pitchers every day.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather set innings limits than add/drop limits. Add/drop limits become a bit of a sticky situation if a team loses 2-3 guys in one week and then has to use his adds on injuries and perhaps DH starts due to playing in an NL park. I'd rather allow as many add/drops as needed and just restrict how many innings the pitchers can throw. When I said I didn't want it to turn into a contest of adding the most players, I was really referring to extreme streaming of pitchers where you add a whole new roster of probable starting pitchers every day.

How many DL spots are we talking per team?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually in favor of more DL spots than is standard... like 3-4. But we can let the league decide how many we carry.

Also, CBS has the option to carry 1-2 minor leaguers on your roster in designated "Minors" spots if we want to do that.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually in favor of more DL spots than is standard... like 3-4. But we can let the league decide how many we carry.

Also, CBS has the option to carry 1-2 minor leaguers on your roster in designated "Minors" spots if we want to do that.

Sounds about right, Im for the more DL spots so roster moves don't have to be made as much due to injuries

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good with this, never played with minor league slots before

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for daily too with extra DL spots and Minors with the caveat we set a limit on STARTS per week and not innings...at say 10-12 starts per week

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for daily too with extra DL spots and Minors with the caveat we set a limit on STARTS per week and not innings...at say 10-12 starts per week

Starts per week will depend on how many SP spots we have, as some teams will have starters making 2 starts per week certain weeks.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play. Either roto or head to head is fine with me.

I have found Yahoo to be the best--

Bennie

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to play. Either roto or head to head is fine with me.

I have found Yahoo to be the best--

Bennie

I think several of us had a lot of problems with yahoo last year, hence the nixing of yahoo

And I know I did not like the way it was setup

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think several of us had a lot of problems with yahoo last year, hence the nixing of yahoo

And I know I did not like the way it was setup

What specifically did you not like about the settings last year? We basically just used the default settings from ESPN for standard head2head points leagues.

I'm just asking because I'd like to tailor this year's league to everyone's liking in terms of website used, scoring settings, roster settings, etc.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I have in the league so far:

1) WilltheThrill
2) jta
3) Romeo
4) BMurph
5) gregrey
6) Hambombs
7) Nightcrawler
8) Bennie
9) Xx srs bsns
10) PDay

Apologies to anyone I might have omitted. If I did accidentally leave you off or you want to join, please speak up.

It looks like as of now we're going with a head2head format. Please vote on these settings:

1. CBS, ESPN, or either (don't care)
2. Points-based or Category-based scoring for each matchup
3. # of teams in playoffs
4. #of DL spots
5. # of Minors spots

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ESPN
2. Category
3. 4
4. 1
5. 0

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. #of DL spots
5. # of Minors spots

1. Either works for me. (though i'd prefer cbs)
2. Category
3. Dependent on league size - but I would go with 6.
4. 3
5. 2

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. ESPN
2. Category
3. 6 with #1-2 getting a first round bye.
4. 3
5. 2

Also, we need to set a trade deadline and a veto capability to stop some of the Bs that can happen in fantasy leagues.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What specifically did you not like about the settings last year? We basically just used the default settings from ESPN for standard head2head points leagues.

I'm just asking because I'd like to tailor this year's league to everyone's liking in terms of website used, scoring settings, roster settings, etc.

It wasn't anything settings wise, just the way the yahoo was setup in general

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is who I have in the league so far:

1) WilltheThrill
2) jta
3) Romeo
4) BMurph
5) gregrey
6) Hambombs
7) Nightcrawler
8) Bennie
9) Xx srs bsns
10) PDay

Apologies to anyone I might have omitted. If I did accidentally leave you off or you want to join, please speak up.

It looks like as of now we're going with a head2head format. Please vote on these settings:

4. #of DL spots
5. # of Minors spots
Hey Guys...I'll give my spot up to Fordman or any other that wants to play this season

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

We currently sit at 9 teams and need one more to join (Fordman? Rev? Anyone?)

It seems we have reached a fair consensus on having 3 DL spots and 6 playoff teams.

Category-based scoring has been chosen too, but there are two types of category scoring:
  • Each category counts as a win or loss in team records (winning 7 categories and losing 3 categories would give you a 7-3 record)
  • Most categories won in the week counts as 1 total win (winning 7 categories and losing 3 would give you a 1-0 record)
Option 1 gives a more accurate reflection of just how dominant or weak your team really is because it requires you to be good in as many categories as possible, but it does result in a lot more wins and losses. Option 2 would keep the standings bunched closer together because a team who wins 9 categories each week would have the same record as a team who wins 6 categories each week. Please choose which option you like better here.

Also, CBS allows Minors spots to store prospects while ESPN doesn't. So please determine which is more important to you, website or minors capability by voting for CBS/Minors or ESPN/No Minors.

Lastly, to address Romeo's concern, I suggest that we implement majority rule on all decisions regarding trades, league activities, etc. to ensure nothing crazy happens. I don't see that being a problem, but a 6-vote majority would prevent anything bad for the league from happening.

So to recap- we need 1 more, please vote on the 2 outstanding items, and majority rule voting system to govern the league.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

It seems we have reached a fair consensus on having 3 DL spots and 6 playoff teams.

Category-based scoring has been chosen too, but there are two types of category scoring:
  • Each category counts as a win or loss in team records (winning 7 categories and losing 3 categories would give you a 7-3 record)
  • Most categories won in the week counts as 1 total win (winning 7 categories and losing 3 would give you a 1-0 record)
Option 1 gives a more accurate reflection of just how dominant or weak your team really is because it requires you to be good in as many categories as possible, but it does result in a lot more wins and losses. Option 2 would keep the standings bunched closer together because a team who wins 9 categories each week would have the same record as a team who wins 6 categories each week. Please choose which option you like better here.

Also, CBS allows Minors spots to store prospects while ESPN doesn't. So please determine which is more important to you, website or minors capability by voting for CBS/Minors or ESPN/No Minors.

Lastly, to address Romeo's concern, I suggest that we implement majority rule on all decisions regarding trades, league activities, etc. to ensure nothing crazy happens. I don't see that being a problem, but a 6-vote majority would prevent anything bad for the league from happening.

So to recap- we need 1 more, please vote on the 2 outstanding items, and majority rule voting system to govern the league.

I don't care which Category System we use

I'll give CBS a whirl, I like the idea of a minors "stash" spot

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UPDATE:

1. Every category counts as a win/loss -- so at the end of the week it would be 10-7 or something like that.
2. CBS/Minors

Sidenote: Any interest in having this as a keeper league? Where next year we all come back, keep X amount of players and then draft to fill up our teams