• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers Board Fantasy Baseball League

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, sign me up. If you need my email let me know.

I am indifferent on the how you decide the categories used.

And Cbs sounds find with me. The minors stash thing sounds cool.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS is fine w me, most of my FFL are on there

H2H
Categories
Most category wins = 1 point per wk

Majority vote for trades and any rules sounds good to me

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I went to set up the CBS league for us and found out they only have points scoring for Head2Head. So now we have to decide between CBS-points-minors or ESPN-categories-no minors.

Frustrating.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn for me.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another ridiculous stipulation- ESPN only allows up to 4 teams to make the playoffs. I attempted to create a league there and 4 was the highest number I could choose for playoff teams. I'm not shitting you. I think I'm running into certain limitations with each site because we're creating a free league and not paying for a premium league with more customization options.

SO, to recap, the choice is now between:

CBS/points scoring/use of minors slots/6 playoff teams/CBS acts as commish

or

ESPN/category scoring/no minors slots/4 playoff teams/I (we) act as commish

Please vote on which you think is the better overall choice.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on those choices of kissing cousins I choose CBS so as to keep more teams in the hunt and the other league I am in is a keepers points scoring league and its a lot of fun...so CBS for me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will, hypothetically if we create our own pay league regardless of the site, would we be able to set it up any way we choose? What would we be talking about as far as dollars are concerned? Just a couple questions, I am in no way insinuating we ask anyone to join a league they would have to invest money in.

I am always a bit more likely to pay for something if I can do whatever the hell I want. I might could scrape up some change if we were talking about something reasonable. Wouldn't ask for a dime, could be a an option. Don't hold me to it but just a thought at this point

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will, hypothetically if we create our own pay league regardless of the site, would we be able to set it up any way we choose? What would we be talking about as far as dollars are concerned? Just a couple questions, I am in no way insinuating we ask anyone to join a league they would have to invest money in.

I am always a bit more likely to pay for something if I can do whatever the hell I want. I might could scrape up some change if we were talking about something reasonable. Wouldn't ask for a dime, could be a an option. Don't hold me to it but just a thought at this point

I'd have to look into ESPN's cost and what benefits paying might give us (I think minors would still not be an option there).

But, I do know CBS charges somewhere around $125-150 per league for their League Commissioner product.

Sadly, Yahoo probably offers the most customization options for free, but we already know the pitfalls associated with using their site.

I will keep working to try and find a solution which suits the largest number of our wants/needs for the league.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to look into ESPN's cost and what benefits paying might give us (I think minors would still not be an option there).

But, I do know CBS charges somewhere around $125-150 per league for their League Commissioner product.

Sadly, Yahoo probably offers the most customization options for free, but we already know the pitfalls associated with using their site.

I will keep working to try and find a solution which suits the largest number of our wants/needs for the league.

Thats about what I thought we were paying for our FFL leagues. I don't have an issue with that. I wasn't however gonna pony up several hundred if that was the case. Let us know what you come up with and we can go from there. We can give it a bit more time if need be and get some feedback from others on their preferences before we decide definitively Im thinking

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats about what I thought we were paying for our FFL leagues. I don't have an issue with that. I wasn't however gonna pony up several hundred if that was the case. Let us know what you come up with and we can go from there. We can give it a bit more time if need be and get some feedback from others on their preferences before we decide definitively Im thinking

Its what we do in a league i'm in for FFL as well. We each (12 teams) pay $20... A large portion of that goes to the site for the league....and the rest goes in to a "trophy" fund. (no seriously, an actual trophy) lol.

We make it work though... b/c everyone comes back year after year...

I'm ok with this option as well...

BUT.. of the 2 listed options.. I would have to go with ESPN -- as I prefer categories in baseball vs. points.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for CBS..... Keep more teams in the hunt. Don't want the last few weeks of the regular season to be boring.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's just a scoring issue, I'd vote CBS just to have 6 teams and have the minors slot available

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so season is quickly approaching...what's the verdict and when is the draft?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is it everyone has against Yahoo? I have played on there for several years and love it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the majority vote thing is that a majority being required to veto the trade or to allow the trade?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other league is drafting on April 4th at 3:00PM CT so when it comes time to set the draft I would appreciate a time that doesn't conflict.

By the way, we have 4 slots left in that league if anyone is interested in joining a Yahoo Roto style league as well.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will,
Lets get a count of who is in and then lets finalize this deal and get the rules and everything established. I can go to CBS and pay for our league and then give you the sign in info, if that is what we have settled on. We need to get our draft date set and let everyone start preparing, some of us need a little time to plan. I have some work to do, cause I expect better than a 5th place finish this year.

Let us know, thanks

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will,
Lets get a count of who is in and then lets finalize this deal and get the rules and everything established. I can go to CBS and pay for our league and then give you the sign in info, if that is what we have settled on. We need to get our draft date set and let everyone start preparing, some of us need a little time to plan. I have some work to do, cause I expect better than a 5th place finish this year.

Let us know, thanks

I will have the league set up by tonight or tomorrow. I will look back through this thread and try to accommodate as many of everyone's preferences as possible. We will probably have to make a few concessions, but I'm confident we can get a league that will satisfy everyone. It will likely be on CBS. I will look into the exact pricing structure and determine whether the pay league would be worth the extra custom options we would get.

Check back on this thread over the next 48 hours for updates from me.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for anyone with any deal breaking requests, other than "no yahoo", speak now or don't bitch for one second later. HAHA!