• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers, Astros play final series in Houston 9/12-9/14

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dyson looked shaky again and blew the save. Just wish he threw more clean innings but I'm afraid that is not how he rolls.

BUT...the good news is Perez had a really nice outing, on the road against a good team, and looks to be working really well with Lucroy. AND...both Kela and Diekman pitched very well in high leverage situations so hopefully they are both turning the corner after recent strings of poor outings.
Actually Dyson has been nails the last few close outs.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this today. The Astros and the Rangers have the exact same record against all other teams. Meaning you throw out the 16 (?) games against each other and it's a dead heat.
Seems every announcer and pontificator (not you of course) is trying to peddle those wins as if they should not have happened or are a fluke or luck. Fact is the Rangers plain beat the doo doo out of the Astros on the diamond this year and that means we should be ahead in the division. We also took most of our games against Seattle too.

I remember 2010 and 2011 how the pontificators were all too aware that the Rangers did horrible against their division and could only beat other AL teams and were AL division champs for beating on NL teams during interleague games.

Fact is there are 162 games and the Rangers won more (so far) than any of the AL rivals in and out of the division. A game is a game.

Two weeks ago it was run differential (BTW we are back up to +22 and this time last year were -13)and "how can the Rangers have a negative and win so many games." It's almost like these sports pontificators have no clue baseball is a crazy game where anything can happen. Probably because very few of them actually played the game even as a youngster.

*please note I am not venting on you or others here but the pontificators in sportswrite world who think they know better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well color me "passed out." ha ha

I'm thinking Banny really wanted that first game and now feels comfortable taking his foot off the gas a bit. The Astros are done competing for the division now.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems every announcer and pontificator (not you of course) is trying to peddle those wins as if they should not have happened or are a fluke or luck. Fact is the Rangers plain beat the doo doo out of the Astros on the diamond this year and that means we should be ahead in the division. We also took most of our games against Seattle too.

I hear ya and no worries.

It did strike me as an odd stat, and I believe what he was saying was, "take all 16 games out of both the Rangers and Astros schedule, and take the rest of their schedules and they've got exactly the same number of wins and losses."

Our dominance over them wasn't the point I don't believe. Just an odd stat.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Dyson has been nails the last few close outs.
I was saying last night that was the first run he has given up in 8 appearances. And usually the hits off of him are grounders that find a hole. Of course what Paul Bunyan did against him was crushed.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember 2010 and 2011 how the pontificators were all too aware that the Rangers did horrible against their division and could only beat other AL teams and were AL division champs for beating on NL teams during interleague games.

Fact is there are 162 games and the Rangers won more (so far) than any of the AL rivals in and out of the division. A game is a game.

Two weeks ago it was run differential (BTW we are back up to +22 and this time last year were -13)and "how can the Rangers have a negative and win so many games." It's almost like these sports pontificators have no clue baseball is a crazy game where anything can happen. Probably because very few of them actually played the game even as a youngster.

*please note I am not venting on you or others here but the pontificators in sportswrite world who think they know better.
We all know how important those head to head match ups are within the division. And when you are 14-3 against a team there is no doubt who has the better team and luck is taken out of the equation.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Evan Grant:

Evan_Mug_normal.jpg
Evan Grant
@Evan_P_Grant
On Jonathan Lucroy, more of concern was he got hit in helmet on that backswing, but checked out OK. Told this is STRICTLY a rest day.

To clarify, told this is strictly a rest day for both Desmond and Lucroy
He needed a day off. Extra inning game last night and we have been on the road for a while.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know how important those head to head match ups are within the division. And when you are 14-3 against a team there is no doubt who has the better team and luck is taken out of the equation.

From my post #246.

It did strike me as an odd stat, and I believe what he was saying was, "take all 16 games out of both the Rangers and Astros schedule, and take the rest of their schedules and they've got exactly the same number of wins and losses."

Our dominance over them wasn't the point I don't believe. Just an odd stat.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need ya tonight AJ. The pen needs ya too so get it done.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need ya tonight AJ. The pen needs ya too so get it done.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltran has been hitting a ton of balls on the ground lately.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever wondered that if an ump calls that pitch in off the plate to a RHer why we would not come back there. That is unhittable.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian having no mercy. Long HR
Went to the knee too

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor still hot but not sure what Mitch was swinging at.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not very many fans last night and tonight for a team trying to get a Wild Card berth.