• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Randy Gregory suspended 4 games

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cut him........but they won't...........

it's the JJ domino theory..........

If they cut him, Jerry Jones would have to admit he made a mistake.......

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My advice to the Cowboys would be to move forward like Gregory is not going to be available. That simply just looks at the season as if we never had him or he is suspended for the season. even if he was here we need help at DE

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict if Gregory gets his act together and is terrorizing QBs in the second half of the year none of us cares about this. It is not a Hardy situation. How often have we discussed Scandrick's suspension after he returned?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Most important job interview attending last years combine and he fails the piss test? Followed by great interviews saying he's matured after the Dallas selection... and that's followed by a minimum of 3 failed drug tests in 10 months??

Colors has it right....expect nothing from this guy and cut bait if the pattern continues in the 2016 season

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys' frustrations grow with Randy Gregory's 4-game ban
By Ryan Wilson |

February 22, 2016 8:39 am ET

Randy Gregory was one of then ten best players in the 2015 NFL Draft. But off-field issues saw him slip down draft boards until he was the last man left in the green room. The Cowboys eventually selected him 60th overall and coach Jason Garrett promptly acknowledged that "We have to help him with some of the off-the-field stuff and we're excited about that challenge."

And Gregory added at the time: “The franchise that drafts me won't have to worry about me off the field, but the teams that didn't select me will have to worry about me on the field.”

Last week we learned that Gregory has been suspended for the first four games of the 2016 season for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.

Gregory somehow failed a drug test at last year's NFL combine. Reportedly, that failed test entered him into the NFL's substance-abuse program, which means he likely failed three more tests to get this suspension.

On Sunday, Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones issued a statement on this latest development.

Randy_Gregory_Second_Sack_Preseason_Dallas_Cowboys.jpg
The Cowboys are disappointed in Randy Gregory. (USATSI)

“This is a disappointment," he said through the team's website. "We have been clear with Randy about what his responsibilities are and what is expected of him. This is something that he is going to have to work through and correct.”

Gregory's suspension not only means that the Cowboys will be down a very good pass rusher for the first month of the season, but that said pass rusher won't collect $143,000 in earnings and could affect another $370,000 in guaranteed money.

If Gregory fails another test he'll face a 10-game suspension and then it's at least a 12-month ban.

"It starts with me," Gregory said last spring, shortly after the Cowboys drafted him. "I made a couple of bad decisions and at that point, everyone took it and spun it however which way then wanted. Right now, I'm just trying to rebuild my image, trying to focus on being the best professional I can, make as many plays on the field as I can, keep the coaches happy, keep Mr. Jones happy. The past is the past. I'm trying to look forward to the future."

Unless Gregory changes, the future will be one that doesn't include football.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was time for him to grow up. Crossed that bridge last year. Now it is time for him to decide what is more important. NFL won't wait for him. He can go hang out with hundreds of other fools that couldn't get their heads right and see the situation for what it is. Stop taking your gift for granted. Good thing he was a low second rounder, because that will make it a lot easier for Jerry and son to tell him to hit the road. I'd also take back that jersey number.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked what he was going to do while suspended Gregory responded 'Sit back, play video games and get high'...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was time for him to grow up. Crossed that bridge last year. Now it is time for him to decide what is more important. NFL won't wait for him. He can go hang out with hundreds of other fools that couldn't get their heads right and see the situation for what it is. Stop taking your gift for granted. Good thing he was a low second rounder, because that will make it a lot easier for Jerry and son to tell him to hit the road. I'd also take back that jersey number.

it is time to move on he will never grow up and this means we have to address DE probably thru both the draft and FA

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 23. He is schizophrenic and bipolar. So guess what, there are going to be issues. Those issues are the only reason he was available in the 2nd round. You don't take him and then not expect any hiccups and not be willing to deal with those hiccups. If we are going to cut him now, we NEVER should have taken him. Regardless, I'm not so sure we can say he will never grow up.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is 23. He is schizophrenic and bipolar. So guess what, there are going to be issues. Those issues are the only reason he was available in the 2nd round. You don't take him and then not expect any hiccups and not be willing to deal with those hiccups. If we are going to cut him now, we NEVER should have taken him. Regardless, I'm not so sure we can say he will never grow up.
I agree to a degree. You don't bail on this guy just yet, but it's a short leach next year. Isn't he now one test away from a year suspension? Maybe it's me, but I'd be willing to move on if this guy fails enough drug tests in 2 years to be suspended 4 games and also a season.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a degree. You don't bail on this guy just yet, but it's a short leach next year. Isn't he now one test away from a year suspension? Maybe it's me, but I'd be willing to move on if this guy fails enough drug tests in 2 years to be suspended 4 games and also a season.
Pretty much agree. IMO 4 games is big and disappointing but it isn't an incredible suspension but the next would be - I think 10 games and then a season? I'm not saying I let this guy run amuck with no accountability. I guess I'm mostly saying cutting him right now would be a colossal mistake unless there is even more going on than we know about. But yes, if problems keep arising I agree he should get cut

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree. IMO 4 games is big and disappointing but it isn't an incredible suspension but the next would be - I think 10 games and then a season? I'm not saying I let this guy run amuck with no accountability. I guess I'm mostly saying cutting him right now would be a colossal mistake unless there is even more going on than we know about. But yes, if problems keep arising I agree he should get cut
I think we're thinking as the Cowboys do.....not much margin for error going forward

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, be ready to move on, but not yet. If he fails again that gets him a year off, tell him to enjoy life someplace else.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he's a talent, I just think the signing of Hardy and drafting of Gregory really undercuts what Garrett is trying to do. He has pushed for high character football guys, and was really on a good path
On my soap box here. I'm not an advocated of weed smoke at all, or legalizing it, but smoking weed doesn't make him a low character guy. I would beat at least 50% of the league Smoke it rather on occasion or regularly. This is no reason to cut the guy. Hell I beat Jerry Smokes weed.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won
Agree, be ready to move on, but not yet. If he fails again that gets him a year off, tell him to enjoy life someplace else.
der if they were saying the same thing in Denver over Miller? He failed multiple drug test. Hell we have guys in the league for vehicular man slaughter. I'm not cutting a guy for smoking weed. I'm not for smoking MJ, but I think the league has to change its discipline policy on this issue. Fine, forced rehab, Education, community service. Suspensions should be way down this list on this matter. I don't smoke never have, so I'm not a stoner at all. Just think its worse thinks a guy can do.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On my soap box here. I'm not an advocated of weed smoke at all, or legalizing it, but smoking weed doesn't make him a low character guy. I would beat at least 50% of the league Smoke it rather on occasion or regularly. This is no reason to cut the guy. Hell I beat Jerry Smokes weed.
Half the league isn't dumb enough to get popped multiple times

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won

der if they were saying the same thing in Denver over Miller? He failed multiple drug test. Hell we have guys in the league for vehicular man slaughter. I'm not cutting a guy for smoking weed. I'm not for smoking MJ, but I think the league has to change its discipline policy on this issue. Fine, forced rehab, Education, community service. Suspensions should be way down this list on this matter. I don't smoke never have, so I'm not a stoner at all. Just think its worse thinks a guy can do.

If you read all of my posts on the subject I've already stated I'm not cutting him just now. He's on a rookie contract so even sitting he isn't hurting the cap. If he gets to the Josh Gordon stage of suspension let him go.