• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random thoughts about drafting OL in early rounds.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have their starting 5 set from what I can tell. Now it will be about drafting for the future and for depth on the OL for the Broncos at least for this year. Have to see what they do with Okung after this year.

You are right you have to find one and you have to take some chances. Sometimes it works out well and other times it blows up in your face. Worth the risk if you like a player. Right now I am having a hard time seeing a back up plan for the Seahawks if the rookie doesn't pan out.

Well JS stated who would be starting and where if the season started today. That's the back up plan if the rookie is a bust. What's the backup plan if Okung gets hurts and / or if he's doesn't bounce back from the shoulder surgery?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well JS stated who would be starting and where if the season started today. That's the back up plan if the rookie is a bust. What's the backup plan if Okung gets hurts and / or if he's doesn't bounce back from the shoulder surgery?
Well we have two guys in Stephenson and Sambrailo who both have started at LT if Kung has gone down. They also have another guy who started 16 games for us last year at the RT position on the roster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have two guys in Stephenson and Sambrailo who both have started at LT if Kung has gone down. They also have another guy who started 16 games for us last year at the RT position on the roster.
Sounds about like what the Seahawks will do if the Rookie can't get the job done. Sambraillo has played in 3 games and Stephenson hasn't started no more then 7 games in a season and that's playing various positions. Not a bad back up plan, but about what the Seahawks will do also. Basically the plan calls for Gilliam to go to LT and Webb to start or compete at RT. :hope: My fingers that it doesn't become necessary, but if it is, at least the Seahawks have to right QB to try and make it work.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know our favorite team has needs along the OL. Some could consider the situation desperate.

No worries Seahawk fans have faith in the coach! I know you all do he has it under control! Hope the off season has been good so far over your way. Just happened to see this out there tonight and thought you may like to see what the coach has to say.

Pete Carroll: We’re in good shape on the offensive line

The Seahawks offensive line had a rocky 2015 season and they’ve lost two starters in free agency with left tackleRussell Okungand right guardJ.R. Sweezysigning with other teams.

Seattle has made some bargain additions to the line by signingJ’Marcus WebbandBradley Sowell, adding to an approach that limits spending for blockers while devoting more financial resources to the rest of the roster. That strategy isn’t one that’s been met with much enthusiasm around the league, but coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday that he likes the way things are shaping up.

“I thinkwe’re in good shape,” Carroll said, via ESPN.com. “It’s very fortunate that we haveGarry Gilliam. Garry Gilliam was a guy that when we first found him, we thought he was an athlete that could play left tackle. Remember, he was a tight end, and he’s got really good movement. He’s really quick on his feet. So the fact that he played this year and did a very nice job … he gained the starter’s mentality and all that. We think that we have an athlete that’s really equipped to play that spot.”

With Gilliam pencilled in at left tackle, Webb is expected to be at right tackle while 2015 fourth-rounderMark Glowinskiis the likely new starter at right guard. Carroll said that nothing is set in stone, but that he’s “never been worried about” figuring out how the pieces fit as the offseason progresses. Others probably have a different opinion, although there’s not much to do to avoid going down that path at this point.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Seahawk fans have faith in the coach! I know you all do he has it under control! Hope the off season has been good so far over your way. Just happened to see this out there tonight and thought you may like to see what the coach has to say.

Pete Carroll: We’re in good shape on the offensive line

The Seahawks offensive line had a rocky 2015 season and they’ve lost two starters in free agency with left tackleRussell Okungand right guardJ.R. Sweezysigning with other teams.

Seattle has made some bargain additions to the line by signingJ’Marcus WebbandBradley Sowell, adding to an approach that limits spending for blockers while devoting more financial resources to the rest of the roster. That strategy isn’t one that’s been met with much enthusiasm around the league, but coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday that he likes the way things are shaping up.

“I thinkwe’re in good shape,” Carroll said, via ESPN.com. “It’s very fortunate that we haveGarry Gilliam. Garry Gilliam was a guy that when we first found him, we thought he was an athlete that could play left tackle. Remember, he was a tight end, and he’s got really good movement. He’s really quick on his feet. So the fact that he played this year and did a very nice job … he gained the starter’s mentality and all that. We think that we have an athlete that’s really equipped to play that spot.”

With Gilliam pencilled in at left tackle, Webb is expected to be at right tackle while 2015 fourth-rounderMark Glowinskiis the likely new starter at right guard. Carroll said that nothing is set in stone, but that he’s “never been worried about” figuring out how the pieces fit as the offseason progresses. Others probably have a different opinion, although there’s not much to do to avoid going down that path at this point.

I am not worried at all. As long as Rawls can come close to replicating his results from last year and stay healthy, this team should rock again this year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the top 4-5 Olinemen in this draft are as good as any top 5 we have had in the past 5 years. It's after that first group and the 2nd level group ( the 2nd rounders ) that the talent really drops off.

I say about 7 total 1st-2nd rounders are talented with enough skill, knowledge to be starters. Not much after those guys though. If you do not pick one in the first early second then you got nothing worth picking for a oline that needs "starters" or at least "Starter Quality" Players. No more turning Dlineman into Olineman or this line will NEVER improve.