• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 will be very telling, as the Rays are going with their next starter in line (Snell), while the Dodgers go with openers. Here's where I thought the Rays have the advantage in the pitching dept, but if they can't win tonight, they will have a very difficult hill to climb.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap, what a friggin game!!! One of the best WS battles I've ever seen. Who says baseball is boring???

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Dodgers have the bats and overall depth, but the Rays have the pitching, both in the rotation and the pen. I generally prefer stronger pitching when it gets down to the nitty gritty, so I'm going with the Rays in 6.
See????? What did I tell you...6 games baby, EXACTLY as I predicted!!!!!! Whuda man....Whuda MAN?!?!?!

Ok, so maybe I was off a little by which team would win it, but hey, let's not split hairs here.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See????? What did I tell you...6 games baby, EXACTLY as I predicted!!!!!! Whuda man....Whuda MAN?!?!?!

Ok, so maybe I was off a little by which team would win it, but hey, let's not split hairs here.
cash made a total dumbass rentoria-type move to take out snell in the middle of a gem. i'd fire the jerk.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cash made a total dumbass rentoria-type move to take out snell in the middle of a gem. i'd fire the jerk.
Snell has otherwise been an incredibly smart and intuitive manager since he's been with the Rays, so there's no chance they'll can him. And yet when the pundits look back on his managerial career, unless he wins a WS, he'll always be remembered for foolishly pulling Snell, who was owning the Dodgers all game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell has otherwise been an incredibly smart and intuitive manager since he's been with the Rays, so there's no chance they'll can him. And yet when the pundits look back on his managerial career, unless he wins a WS, he'll always be remembered for foolishly pulling Snell, who was owning the Dodgers all game.
He will always regret his one Renteria mind meld.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My body is ready for the winter meetings...but they're so far away... :(

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My body is ready for the winter meetings...but they're so far away... :(
I heard SoxFest is cancelled this year - that will really seem strange to our internal clocks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard SoxFest is cancelled this year - that will really seem strange to our internal clocks.
Yeah, I believe all of baseball is cancelling it's winter programs. Sux for the Good Guys, the events would have sold out in hours.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, it's done. Much to the White Sox fan world's collective chagrin, Tony "WWI Veteran" La Russa is our new skipper. I just finished beating both the dog and the wife, so I'm fully vented and will now attempt to put a positive spin on this, as difficult as it will be.

1. He's a proven winner. In every team he's managed, Tony created a winning atmosphere. He's been the skipper on teams that have won 3 WS, 6 league titles, and 12 division championships.
2. Analytics and advanced metrics. When people talk about the modern game in terms of these stats and other such criteria, we tend to forget that it was La Russa who was at the forefront of this changing dynamic back in the day.
3. Free agents. Maybe....hopefully......he can persuade Reinsdorf to open the checkbook more than any other skipper who would have otherwise have been hired.

There, I tried, I really did.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Did we have to get the wind sucked out of our sails this fast? I knew Reinsdorf would move fast for "his guys" (this will include our eventual pitcher)....but man...I wanted a few more weeks of pie in the sky dreaming if LaRussa was gonna be our guy. Not-so-random thought I guess.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...Did we have to get the wind sucked out of our sails this fast? I knew Reinsdorf would move fast for "his guys" (this will include our eventual pitcher)....but man...I wanted a few more weeks of pie in the sky dreaming if LaRussa was gonna be our guy. Not-so-random thought I guess.
I have to admit, now I'm worried about Hahn, who really has been the one who built this team to where it is now. I know one thing, if he walks, it will take about 10 minutes for at least a half dozen clubs to reach out to him.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit, now I'm worried about Hahn, who really has been the one who built this team to where it is now. I know one thing, if he walks, it will take about 10 minutes for at least a half dozen clubs to reach out to him.

It's high comedy to think Reinsdorf Mr. Good guy to Krause's bad guy for the Jordan years is gonna be Mr. Bad guy here to his GM. Zero chance people side with him if things go south in Hahn/Sox organization's relationship.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 1960 stengle was 70 years old and the yankees fired him. he went to the mets in '62 and finished last all 4 years. there's a reason even a great manager needs to retire. they get OLD!

why do we have the dumbest goddamn owner in the business?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in 1960 stengle was 70 years old and the yankees fired him. he went to the mets in '62 and finished last all 4 years. there's a reason even a great manager needs to retire. they get OLD!

why do we have the dumbest goddamn owner in the business?
I'm way less concerned over La Russa's potential loss of any gray matter than I am his ability to deal with today's group of ballplayers. To me, that's the big concern.