• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thoughts 2.0

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is strange for the White Sox fan - is it's been about 20 plus years since the White Sox figure to be good longer than getting lucky on all the broken down and change of scenery ball player bets made in the off season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is strange for the White Sox fan - is it's been about 20 plus years since the White Sox figure to be good longer than getting lucky on all the broken down and change of scenery ball player bets made in the off season.
What's pathetic is we have been an MLB organization for 120 years and never once have we been in back-back playoffs. Ok, I kinda understand the first 68 years when there was only one team per league that took them straight to the WS. And the Yankees were simply dominating during much of that period. But since '69 when at least it began with divisional winners, then eventually going the wild card route to give teams even more opportunities. And we've never done it twice in a row. That's horrific. Well that garbage ends this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's pathetic is we have been an MLB organization for 120 years and never once have we been in back-back playoffs. Ok, I kinda understand the first 68 years when there was only one team per league that took them straight to the WS. And the Yankees were simply dominating during much of that period. But since '69 when at least it began with divisional winners, then eventually going the wild card route to give teams even more opportunities. And we've never done it twice in a row. That's horrific. Well that garbage ends this year.
Post of the Year right here!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, time for at least one more new Random Thought in here before brutha Mingo opens v2.1 :yes:

While the Padres have obviously been the 'winner' of the offseason at this point - it will take a hell of a lot of action by any one team from here on out to take away the Padres crown - what's really the much bigger story is how trades so far have easily dominated the headlines vs what all of us were expecting to be all these big name free agent signings. Think about it, there have only been three signings by a top 25 free agent and none in the top10; MLB-ranked #18 Charlie Morton, #22 Mike Minor and #16 KBO infielder Ha-seong Kim (signed by who else, the Padres). I guess you can also include Marcus Stroman and Kevin Gausman as well, but they only signed their QOs. I'm not sure these should be considered free agent signings, at least not as most interpret what constitutes as such.

There are logical reasons why the FA floodgates have yet to fully open.....questions as to when the season will open, the ongoing covid issue, which all ties into the overall financial pic, etc. It should be interesting when the first big name signs. Will there then be a falling dominoes effect? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres may be the dreaded off season champion, but our White Sox are at least 2nd on the most improved list. We will see how the season finishes. As @Lake Shore Drive says above - as far was FA talent and roster additions - there is still a whole lot left to come. Waiting out this market is probably the wise move - despite my anxiousness to sew up the season before New Years.