• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Thought

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So during meditation, I realized that I was present for two eerily similar events.

1. 10.5.2000

2. 10.14.21

Both tied the game. Both times we lost the game. Both should have won the game but did not.

I guess the Snow HR was more dramatic, and it launched the legend of Blownitez. However, the Ruf HR ended up giving me COVID, so there is that.

And if you told me I'd have to trade getting COVID for a game tying HR in Game 5 of the NLDS vs. the phuking doyers?

FhInkGsVUAAcoox.png

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another random stat:

There's only been seven hitters that have eclipsed 5,000 plate appearences for the Giants since moving to San Francisco in 1958.

Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Willie McCovey
Buster Posey
Brandon Crawford
Robby Thompson
Brandon Belt

All forever giants.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another random stat:

There's only been seven hitters that have eclipsed 5,000 plate appearences for the Giants since moving to San Francisco in 1958.

Barry Bonds
Willie Mays
Willie McCovey
Buster Posey
Brandon Crawford
Robby Thompson
Brandon Belt

All forever giants.
And among the Giants' fan base, none have been a lightning rod of controversy to the extent Belt has been. I'm not saying Bonds isn't controversial among baseball fans in general but I feel that Belt was more divisive.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And among the Giants' fan base, none have been a lightning rod of controversy to the extent Belt has been. I'm not saying Bonds isn't controversial among baseball fans in general but I feel that Belt was more divisive.
Is Belt divisive or is it giant fans?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonds was more controversial in the baseball world as a whole, but he has been pretty widely embraced by Giants fans. Not to the level of Clark or Pence, but embraced nonetheless. Belt had the baseball equivalent of RBF. He LOOKED like he had a horrible attitude, even if he didn’t actually have a bad attitude. That led to 85% of the fans’ problem with him.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LHG

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to Boston in the morning to take my nephew to see Ws/Cs at TD Garden. Never been, but I'm taking my Draymond jersey. I will be cussed at. Shoud be fun.

Hope the Ws decide to play defense.

three more weeks til catchers and pitchers report. Maybe Buster will unretire so FZ can have his next middle infielder?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to Boston in the morning to take my nephew to see Ws/Cs at TD Garden. Never been, but I'm taking my Draymond jersey. I will be cussed at. Should be fun.
Seriously, I would be very careful. If the W's manage a W, you may be more than cussed at. A lot more. Going to games on the road ain't what it used to be.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have turned down the opportunity to go to doggie stadium on multiple occasions for just this reason. I would not want to go not wearing at least Giants colors, and I would be unable to not root appropriately when the Giants scored. So I would be a highlighted target and it would not be safe.

I would like to see a Giants/dogs game in LA, but I also know thatis not a good idea.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have turned down the opportunity to go to doggie stadium on multiple occasions for just this reason. I would not want to go not wearing at least Giants colors, and I would be unable to not root appropriately when the Giants scored. So I would be a highlighted target and it would not be safe.

I would like to see a Giants/dogs game in LA, but I also know thatis not a good idea.
Well, we are becoming a third world country, and gee, I wonder how that happened?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading to Boston in the morning to take my nephew to see Ws/Cs at TD Garden. Never been, but I'm taking my Draymond jersey. I will be cussed at. Shoud be fun.

Hope the Ws decide to play defense.

three more weeks til catchers and pitchers report. Maybe Buster will unretire so FZ can have his next middle infielder?
How did it go?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad but true.
Turned out pretty good. Nephew was very happy with the result. I was happy with the Ws effort generally (JPoole's awful defense aside). People were ok. Good time had by all.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I go every year (my sis lives down there and gets company tix) to a Giant/doyer game. I used to go frequently, but unless you're in a premium seating area it's just not safe. Last time I was in the bleachers I was worried I wouldn't make it out safe. This was just before Brian Stow as well.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go every year (my sis lives down there and gets company tix) to a Giant/doyer game. I used to go frequently, but unless you're in a premium seating area it's just not safe. Last time I was in the bleachers I was worried I wouldn't make it out safe. This was just before Brian Stow as well.
I went to a game there during the Bonds area (probably 2004?). We sat in the "family" section beyond the outfield and played it safe, with no Giants' gear on. It was still obvious to some around us who we were rooting for (given our lack of cheering for the home team and not booing Bonds in left field or every time he was at bat). Didn't feel too threatened but there was some tension.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These anecdotal stories don’t change my opinion in the slightest.

The only way I would ever go to a Giants doggie game at the Latrine is if I were in a group of at least 5 guys or more, or on some organized fan experience outing put together by the Giants or KNBR.

even if nothing happened (which is the overwhelming likely outcome), it just doesn’t sound like an enjoyable experience.