• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Post Draft Thoughts?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are yours?

Here are some of mine.

-I would imagine we sign a vet OT to compete with Bolles. I know Wilkinson was told he will compete for the starting job, but I would expect someone else with experience as a fallback option to push Bolles.

- Safety- No safety drafted. I feel like Denver is pretty high on Trey Marshall. He got a lot of PT down the stretch last year. I don't think he is starting material, but I think they see him with the ability to play the same role Will Parks has the last 4 years. Decent special teams guy who can play both safety spots. See how he progresses this year, but it appears to me when we let Parks walk without much of an offer we had a plan with Trey Marshall, especially givens how his PT picked up late last year.

- Duke Dawson- Even when watching Dawson at Florida I thought he might make a good safety. He has good ball skills and can tackle. Missed his rookie year with a minor injury. Didn't really fit in with the Patriots and was dealt here last year... Started to see more of the field as the season went on and then injured his foot and never recovered the rest of the season. Injuries are a concern going forward. Can he stay healthy? But I wonder if he is also a big reason we didn't go after a safety in the draft this year... Could be a value thing too, but I feel like we may have a plan to give Dawson a shot at safety. I sent Dawson a text today to ask him if there has been any talk about him getting a look at safety... Waiting for his response.

- Virtual draft... I didn't care much this year that it was going to happen, as I just wanted the draft, and I doubt they will do it again like this despite fans thinking it was awesome to see coaches/GM's celebrate with kids and grandkids. I think coaches and GM's strongly prefer to be together, a much easier way to communicate. I had neighbors of mine, texting me who have never watched the draft before, who probably knew about 10 players in the draft that loved watching the draft this year because of "pick from home" aspect... I just don't think it will be a trend, but some ideas may come from it. I do think it will be a great memory and was something we will always remember. I thought the coverage was fantastic and you really could not tell a difference in terms of communication breakdowns, etc with the coverage of the draft. I thought ESPN/NFL Network did a fantastic job. I was watching the WNBA draft last week, and there were a lot of hiccups with the virtual draft. Long pauses/delays, background echos, etc.. But we all know the WNBA and ESPN didn't spend nearly half the time to get things right as the NFL did. Guessing the WNBA was part of the NFL's trial run with the network. Probably was very beneficial to have the WNBA draft first.

- Draft Wise- I think this was a great year to keep all of our picks. A lot of talent. Looking back to last year I felt like Elway really wanted nothing to do with day 3.. He got the few players he wanted by trading up and getting rid of those extra picks. This was a pretty darn good draft and I think we helped our depth by keeping all of our picks this year. I thought for sure Jeudy would be gone before we picked at 15 and we would have to trade up if we did take him, which would then probably end up landing us Ruggs if we didn't trade up. We didn't have to give up anything to go get Jeudy and that set the tone for the rest of the draft.

- Unlike a few others I think we will see Von Miller here beyond 2020. I think we may see him slide elsewhere the last 2 years of his career, but I think he will re-sign and play in Denver beyond 2020. I think he wants to be here. He has a great relationship with the current coaching staff, he isn't going to cost as much as his current contract, and I think he sees the growth of this team as the season goes on and wants to be part of it. He is the foundation of this football team. He won a Super Bowl MVP and will go into the Hall of Fame as a member of the Denver Broncos. I see him playing a few more years here and then when he is near the end he may slide on down to Dallas or Houston for the last two years of his career like many other sensational players have done in the NFL.

-We have overkill at TE... We now have two very athletic speed TE's combined with some boring blocking tight ends. Heuerman will likely be cut and I am guessing we do a TE like Bug Howard a favor and release him as well. I think we have a plan for Andrew Beck as an hback type of TE... Butt isn't depended on, could even see us parting ways with him before camp to give him an opportunity to prove to another team that he has a little something left on his bad knees. Fumagalli and Fortt will be interesting. I get the vibe we aren't overally excited about Fumagalli which makes me a bit sad because I really liked him at Wisconsin. He was inactive a lot last year but did show some signs when called upon in the Vikings game. Fortt looked like he was about to earn a roster spot lat year before his knee injury... Both have PS eligibility so that is also good. We probably end up keeping 4 TE's on our active roster and my guess would be
-Fant-
-Vannett-
-Beck-
-Okwu-

One thought could be Okwu spend a season on IR like Fumagalli did his rookie year but hopefully he is health enough to be a full go and not lose his rookie year. Like I said before one of Fumagalli or Fortt can go to the PS if the above stay healthy. If we keep 4, we may not want to keep a 5th TE on the PS. That is a lot of Tight ends hanging around, but two PS spots are added this year, so you never know. Maybe one will have late round trade value too. I think overall we just have to see how well Fuma and Fortt develop this offseason. (What offseason, right?)

-Our 7th rounder Derrek Tuszka reminds me a lot of Malik Reed. Very productive in college, but doesn't have that length you want in a pass rusher, but he gets the job done. At the end of the day the two are just football players who show up on gameday. I think Denver saw the success Reed had last year in PS and for some of the season. I think Reed could have been a big reason why Denver drafted Tuszka.. His production was available late and they may have ignored the measurements because Malik Reed proved to them that production is production and can't be ignored. I think Tyrie Cleveland could be our best special teams gunner. I won't get too big into the draft picks because we have already talked about those throughout the draft.

- This goes without saying but we are fully confident in Drew Lock after last season. We loaded up on playmakers and filled the snack shack with groceries for him. We believe in him!

- I am always eager for a season to start, but I am almost at the point of inpatient this year... For the first time since our Super Bowl season I feel excitement. Other then just wanting football to be here to be here. I feel like we have something to look forward and a lot of growth to watch this year. -

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles - gets a 5th year - and the Broncos have 2 years to find a replacement. Munchack is vouching for him.

I Love the way this draft and FA period has shored up the interior OLine. It is classic to build an oline from the inside out. With Glasgow - Cushenberry and Risner - that's three guys who can pull and lead the blocking on sweep plays.

In the Shurmur 11 personnel - the Broncos can work - Hamler, Jeudy, Gordon and Fant out of the slot receiver role - which really multiplies the complexity of planning coverage on these Broncos.

Pat Shurmur has a connection to the 1st Broncos Super Bowl win - it was his Uncle Fritz Shurmur who was the DC for the Packers.

I'm pretty sure Duke Dawson will move to Safety.

All the better CBs who could have been drafted by the Broncos in round 3 were under 6 feet tall. The Broncos needed a bigger guy. With that as the context Oj was drafted in.

With all the new guys I worry the Broncos may not start - whatever season -off smoothly.

Muti is an interesting guy. The Broncos got him in the 6th round - has day 1 or day 2 talent, but has had injuries. So when you don't throw away a draft pick to move up for your guy - you can draft high risk - high reward guys with those picks. I like the odds.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the family style draft. The emotion is awesome. Harbaugh getting his Wr in the 3rd with a first pump but he was alone. O’Brien pissed on the phone and storms off. Kids hanging out. Like to see the homes
Making fun of the clev HC using a kitchen chair. Belichick dog Manning the computer. Even Jerry on his yacht was cool for one time only.

Def first world problems with all the $M homes.

Too much money involved to hold another one like this year it seems but I enjoyed it.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft results:
Round 1
Jeudy

Round 2
Hamler

Round 3
Oje
Cushenberry
Agim

Round 4
A.J. Bouye
Okwue

Round 5
Strnad

Round 6
Muti

Round7
Jurrel Casey
Cleveland
Tuszka

Does that look any better with the two players we received with the two traded picks?

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I did alright

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are hungry for sports this draft proved it.

When will the sadness set in that it will be a long time before we see these guys play?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the draft, nice change. Except the damn singing. Just stupid. And while I like the NFL's support for all kinds of impoverished and disadvantaged youth, I'm getting a bit tired of the fawning over military personnel and the NGO's. It smacks of trying to show Trump the NFL loves the troops at this point.

Hamler is proof we wanted Ruggs in Rd 1, not JJ. But I'm good with it.

I have a feeling we have at least 2 and maybe 3 UDFA's make the final 53 this year.

Messages have been sent to the TE's, DB's, and WR's. Step up or find another team.

Other than our zone DB OJ (or whatever his name is), this draft was incredible. Time will tell if the A ratings we got from everyone but Mel Kiper (C) are true. I give Mel a "C" as in chromosome deficiency.

Von won't be going anywhere. I'm betting he does a more friendly deal for 2-3 years. If he goes anywhere, it's home to play in Dallas.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good thoughts.

I am not sold on drafting Hamler in Rd 2 as proof that we wanted to draft Ruggs in Round 1.

I love Ruggs, but I think you are probably looking at Denver breaking down scenarios at WR.

Match a Rd 1 and Rd 2 WR and see what the better combo is.

Perhaps something like

Ruggs and choice of Mims/Pittman vs Jeudy/ choice of Hamer/Reagor

Who knows what the idea was, or who they REALLY wanted at 15, but I feel we are very lucky to get Jeudy at 15. Even more surprised we got to pick between Jeudy and Lamb. couldn't go wrong either way. Obviously Reagor and Pittman were gone before our second but example of possible targets.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could have made a Jeudy and Mims combo work. Jeudy worked out of the slit a lot last year with Bama, why couldn’t he run 50% or so of his snaps from there in the NFL?

I think we will see more 2 TE sets then I previously thought. I am not sure what kind of blocker Albert Ok is, but if we have Sutton, Jeudy, Fant, and Ok the formations could vary from a power run formation to spread formation. Makes it difficult on the defense to match up.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have money and we will pick up one of 6 or 7 S still on the market

We will pick up another CB probably logan

and I am sure Elway will pick up at least one more TE a feller can have enough tight ends around.

Now watch Butt Show up and dominate:gaah:

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I loved this year was that during the pressers between days you could actually hear the journalists questions. All these years I thought that had been proven to be an impossibility .....but there it was. #dumbfounded

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are 2 good OL away from a top offense. Lock is my fantasy QB target (if we have a 2020 season)

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys are 2 good OL away from a top offense. Lock is my fantasy QB target (if we have a 2020 season)
Cush and Muti or 2 more.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Cush be tried as an OG? Not sure how he works after the Glasgow signing.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cush will be a C

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they drafted a backup C in the 3rd round, or could Glasgow be shifted to G?
Most of us are looking forward to a young interior OL - Risner, Cush and Glagow. The OTs are the bigger question. And yes, Cush will take some time, but I believe the tools are there to become a solid starter for a long time in the NFL.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys could nab one of the premier LT's in 2021, you guys would be looking great. There might be 3-4 higher-end LT's next year.