• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Green, a Detroit sportswriter who covered 56 consecutive Super Bowls, has died at 94, The Detroit News said Friday.
Green retired as a columnist at the News in 2004 but continued to attend the Super Bowl for the newspaper until this year. His streak began with Green Bay's 35-10 victory over Kansas City in the first Super Bowl in 1967.

RIP Jerry!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Green, a Detroit sportswriter who covered 56 consecutive Super Bowls, has died at 94, The Detroit News said Friday.
Green retired as a columnist at the News in 2004 but continued to attend the Super Bowl for the newspaper until this year. His streak began with Green Bay's 35-10 victory over Kansas City in the first Super Bowl in 1967.

RIP Jerry!
That's approaching Vin Scully territory. RIP

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand one new proposed rule change involves catering to Thursday Prime football telecasts by flexing their games late in the season for playoff ramifications. One billion has to buy something and besides, Al Michels is pissed. This rule change also changes the current rule of one Sunday to Thurday turnaround game per team to TWO GAMES in a season.

The league clearly cares about player health with this one.

Load management, HERE WE COME.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand one new proposed rule change involves catering to Thursday Prime football telecasts by flexing their games late in the season for playoff ramifications. One billion has to buy something and besides, Al Michels is pissed. This rule change also changes the current rule of one Sunday to Thurday turnaround game per team to TWO GAMES in a season.

Fucking cunts

Thursday football sucks donkey

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The players union is pathetic.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's an awful idea.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For perspective this possible flex only applies in Weeks 14, 15, 16, & 17. In 2023 the MNF games in Weeks 14 - 17 are also subject to flexing for the 1st time. There will likely be Saturday games in Weeks 15 & 16. I'm not sure who has the priority call on flexing but it seems likely that SNF and MNF would have preference over Amazon's TNF. We don't currently know when any Saturday game fixtures would be finalised. Even if TNF has a game it would like to flex out of it may not have a better game it could flex into. The likelihood is that there will end up being only 1 late season Thursday/Sunday switch.

The other point is that this won't increase the number of players at increased risk of injury in short weeks as the number of short week games won't increase. It will simply change which teams are affected by it.

The rule you referred to being changed from 1 to 2 is the number of times a team can be scheduled for TNF after appearing on the previous SNF.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally i'm looking forward to the 3 MNF double-headers in 2023.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we supposed to plan going to the games if they could be 3 different days every week all December/January? Nuts

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are we supposed to plan going to the games if they could be 3 different days every week all December/January? Nuts
Yep.

Will not be buying tickets to any Sunday games during Weeks 14-17.

I don’t typically do away games, but no way would I during this window now.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said at the time that Thursday night football became a full-time thing that Goodell cares about player safety as much as Vick cares about dog safety. He just wants to stop being sued. This proves it.

Nobody likes Thursday Night football, the game quality is mostly terrible. The players hate it, the coaches hate it and the fans (other than the degenerate gamblers) hate it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3