• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nice and all but how about enlarging the roster from 53 to 60, that is badly needed.
the stars would hate that. Less money for them.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute NO to increasing the main roster size. If anything decrease it to 52 or 51. Much better to increase the practise squad to 18 or 20 and increase the 2 player SEA rule for players that more could be added to the main roster on game, (and the number of times it could be used per player). Teams stockpiling depth of talent wouldn't be good for the league. If necessary increase the number of protected players on the PS. No need to pay additional players full NFL minimum pay when they won't actually play.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolute NO to increasing the main roster size. If anything decrease it to 52 or 51. Much better to increase the practise squad to 18 or 20 and increase the 2 player SEA rule for players that more could be added to the main roster on game, (and the number of times it could be used per player). Teams stockpiling depth of talent wouldn't be good for the league. If necessary increase the number of protected players on the PS. No need to pay additional players full NFL minimum pay when they won't actually play.
Flip a coin but get access to more players per team.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I was saying is that they sell out above 100%, not exactly the shortage of fans implied.
There's nearly 4M people in LA, of course there's enough fans but we all know if the team is bad Huntington Beach is full.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flip a coin but get access to more players per team.
A 53-man roster with 16 more on the PS seemed to work well during the pandemic. I don't think reverting to 12 on the PS has done the NFL any favours, but I don't think it's done too much harm either. I doubt the owners or players on active rosters want more salary cap to be diverted away from those actually playing the games. I'm in favour of a bigger PS but...(shrugs).

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 53-man roster with 16 more on the PS seemed to work well during the pandemic. I don't think reverting to 12 on the PS has done the NFL any favours, but I don't think it's done too much harm either. I doubt the owners or players on active rosters want more salary cap to be diverted away from those actually playing the games. I'm in favour of a bigger PS but...(shrugs).
maybe they tweak the 16 PS designating a certain number that can't be robbed in season by another team. I'm thinking skill offensive players and knowing play books. These guys most likely draw a roster like salary...don't know, but I think the product would be better for now 17 grinding weeks going directly to an elimination game. Spending more salary cap room on already the top 10% salaries seems rather short sided to the product on the field.

I also think 3 QB's dressed each game should be required thus requiring the max. number dressed for games expanded

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe they tweak the 16 PS designating a certain number that can't be robbed in season by another team. I'm thinking skill offensive players and knowing play books. These guys most likely draw a roster like salary...don't know, but I think the product would be better for now 17 grinding weeks going directly to an elimination game. Spending more salary cap room on already the top 10% salaries seems rather short sided to the product on the field.

I also think 3 QB's dressed each game should be required thus requiring the max. number dressed for games expanded
Part of that could be addressed by having players, (on lower salaries), who could only play on kick-offs and 4th down. I'm in favour of more PS players but the benefit isn't clear cut and even at $170K per year per extra player the cost comes to $21.76M out of the NFL's total player wage budget. It might be more cost effective to have the extra players in earlier for extra preseason, although the coaches might not be happy.

I'm also in favour of 3 QBs but who's going to write rules on which extra RB gets a wildcat QB designation, and who's going to adjudicate on those 3rd QB shenanigans. I wish it could be clear cut but teams will always bend the rules if they can get away with it.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $21.76M figure i've quoted above was for 4 extra players on the PS, (12 to 16), rather than the cost of each individual player. Sorry about that. :redface:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so they go sonewhere else. Point is LA fans are known to abandon teams when teams go south.
cant abandon a team if you never backed it
Image result for thinking gif