• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random NFL talk

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From the Just STFU once in a while you clueless moron who embarrasses himself every time he opens his mouth news...

0a62bb4d-8275-4a3d-9065-3fb15a23a21d_text.gif

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About time or slippery slope?

In principal, I particularly like that roughing the passer is now subject to a challenge. How many times have we all watched games where they show the replay of this penalty and we ask "THAT was roughing the passer, are you kidding me????" Of course the flip side to this is it's still going to be largely subjective as to the final determination. The blatant blown calls will be obvious, but what about those in-betweeners.

Intentional grounding seems to be a bit more cut-n-dry, altho I suppose there's sufficent gray areas that could merit a challenge.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you musta never played football. This is as bad as the Roy Williams horse collar tackle. This shit will end four or five seasons per year. It will still happen but not at the level it would if ignored.
it ended Pollards ability to be useful even to this day.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 annual NFL coaches photo

Couple of observations:
  • Harbaugh brothers seated next to each other
  • McVay, Shanahan and LaFleur all close to each other... others from McVay coaching tree McVay and O'Connell close by
  • Missing are Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Nick Sirianni, Matt Eberflus

1711411499486.png

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2024 annual NFL coaches photo

Couple of observations:
  • Harbaugh brothers seated next to each other
  • McVay, Shanahan and LaFleur all close to each other... others from McVay coaching tree McVay and O'Connell close by
  • Missing are Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, Nick Sirianni, Matt Eberflus

View attachment 358017
The brothers have to stand

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In principal, I particularly like that roughing the passer is now subject to a challenge. How many times have we all watched games where they show the replay of this penalty and we ask "THAT was roughing the passer, are you kidding me????" Of course the flip side to this is it's still going to be largely subjective as to the final determination. The blatant blown calls will be obvious, but what about those in-betweeners.

Intentional grounding seems to be a bit more cut-n-dry, altho I suppose there's sufficent gray areas that could merit a challenge.
Not sure how much it will be effective until we see it but I'm happy that they can at least question some of those RTP calls. I do wish they would tweek the penalty back a bit as well. I'm not a big fan of the forcible contact at times. It's been far too subjective and called when the ref can't really see what actually happened but sees the result and flags it. I hope some of these replays can rectify that part of it. Penalizing a defensive player 15 yards for a textbook tackle is absolutely disgusting when they've basically quit calling the "in the grasp" recently. The guy has to get these mobile QBs to the ground and shouldn't be flagged for it looking like a tough hit.
Personally I would like to see every personal foul immediately reviewed from the booth and called down to the ref to pick up the flag if it's a mistake. It takes all of 5 seconds to watch a different angle.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Negative - More room to manipulate outcomes.

"Positive" - The video the assistant uses will at least match the week after programming, instead of using the video all week to bash the league's refs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how much it will be effective until we see it but I'm happy that they can at least question some of those RTP calls. I do wish they would tweek the penalty back a bit as well. I'm not a big fan of the forcible contact at times. It's been far too subjective and called when the ref can't really see what actually happened but sees the result and flags it. I hope some of these replays can rectify that part of it. Penalizing a defensive player 15 yards for a textbook tackle is absolutely disgusting when they've basically quit calling the "in the grasp" recently. The guy has to get these mobile QBs to the ground and shouldn't be flagged for it looking like a tough hit.
Personally I would like to see every personal foul immediately reviewed from the booth and called down to the ref to pick up the flag if it's a mistake. It takes all of 5 seconds to watch a different angle.
If they could find a way to limit the mobile QB shit that would help with these problems. Big QBs with big arms and fast minds don't need to be as protected in the pocket.