• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With David Johnson retiring, looking at his 327 ff points his sophomore year and how he never broke 200 again and 150 only once. Then thinking about the collapse of Dalvin Cook, and how mercurial RB success can be.

Rode him to 2 championships then luckily didn't have an early enough pick in any draft to get him the following season

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OTAs are voluntary, why are people making such a big deal about some players skipping them?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OTAs are voluntary, why are people making such a big deal about some players skipping them?
Because unless your in some sort of contact dispute/ hold out situation, they're about as 'voluntary' as Lundberg 'asking' you to come in on Saturday and Sunday

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because unless your in some sort of contact dispute/ hold out situation, they're about as 'voluntary' as Lundberg 'asking' you to come in on Saturday and Sunday
"If you could just go ahead and do that it would be great."

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit like this cracks me up.

Doom and Gloom for Kyren!

Take heed, everyone! :pound: :pound: :pound:

Kyren Williams will not participate in OTAs because of a “foot issue”​

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
22/34.

That’s the games played stat.
And he will lose his job to Corum?

Or maybe Ronnie Rivers?

C'mon, man. Dude justified his place in the NFL last year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he will lose his job to Corum?

Or maybe Ronnie Rivers?

C'mon, man. Dude justified his place in the NFL last year.
83rd is kinda early to be taken as depth.

And not being available is one of the two leading factors in losing snaps.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
83rd is kinda early to be taken as depth.

And not being available is one of the two leading factors in losing snaps.
I %100 agree with that second statement.

The first though..I dunno. Yes you surely intend for 3rd round picks to contribute, doesn't necessarily mean you intend for them to subplant a starter. Lloyd certainly isn't being considered a threat to Jacobs. Trey Benson is not considered a threat to James Conner. But of course they will be given some PT, assuming they earn it in camp/ preseason

Corum just doesn't have the skillset to be given that type of benefit of the doubt, not over a guy who very clearly succeeded in his role last year. It'd be different if he landed in Dallas pre Zeke, or in LAC, reunited with his college coach, or Tampa where R White hangs on by the thinnest of threads. It's just really tough to buy this guy outright taking the job away from Williams without injuries playing a big part. And everyone on any team's bench can be attributed that caveat.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first though..I dunno. Yes you surely intend for 3rd round picks to contribute, doesn't necessarily mean you intend for them to subplant a starter. Lloyd certainly isn't being considered a threat to Jacobs. Trey Benson is not considered a threat to James Conner. But of course they will be given some PT, assuming they earn it in camp/ preseason

Corum just doesn't have the skillset to be given that type of benefit of the doubt, not over a guy who very clearly succeeded in his role last year. It'd be different if he landed in Dallas pre Zeke, or in LAC, reunited with his college coach, or Tampa where R White hangs on by the thinnest of threads. It's just really tough to buy this guy outright taking the job away from Williams without injuries playing a big part. And everyone on any team's bench can be attributed that caveat.

Don't forget McVay's tendency to lean heavily on one guy - think you (or someone else) detailed that nicely on another post. Corum will prob get a couple starts and nice games, as Kyren will miss a couple, but I agree that it's all Kyren until McVay's done with him

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Connor is in the final season of his contract. Imo that was the motivating factor for the Cards. Not that JC doesn’t miss a lot of games as well.

I don’t expect Corum to ever some workhorse/bell cow back. But the guy who is ahead of him on the depth chart is out til training camp. And has missed nearly a third of his career so far. Opportunity to prove his worth is going to be there.

No idea what GB is doing at RB. Other than spending money and draft capital on a position they seemed solid at already.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget McVay's tendency to lean heavily on one guy - think you (or someone else) detailed that nicely on another post. Corum will prob get a couple starts and nice games, as Kyren will miss a couple, but I agree that it's all Kyren until McVay's done with him
I do believe that was Lefty?? I extrapolated on it a bit, but I think the credit goes there

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor is in the final season of his contract. Imo that was the motivating factor for the Cards. Not that JC doesn’t miss a lot of games as well.

I don’t expect Corum to ever some workhorse/bell cow back. But the guy who is ahead of him on the depth chart is out til training camp. And has missed nearly a third of his career so far. Opportunity to prove his worth is going to be there.

No idea what GB is doing at RB. Other than spending money and draft capital on a position they seemed solid at already.

I actually fully expect Corum to be the workhorse for any games Kyren misses

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that photographer dropped the charges against Rashee and gave the reason "misunderstanding of the case."

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like that photographer dropped the charges against Rashee and gave the reason "misunderstanding of the case."
Well, that's tiny bit helpful - - though I have no idea how he can beat the rap on the other more serious charge. ....