• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to update on RB movement: Ekeler to WAS, Gibson to NE, Gus the Bus to LAC, Singletary to NYG, Moss to CIN, A. Jones to MIN. Several of those have put a hurtin' on my dynasty plans. .... Mixon and Henry still looking, but it sounds like The King will be a Raven sooner rather than than later. ...

@TREFF apparently the NFL brass are seeing the same thing you stated in your post earlier - the cast off vets (right, wrong or indifferent) are superior to the in-coming rooks. .....
its sad. When we started doing dynasty back in the original D1, that's when I first went and specifically started studying incoming freshman, rather than just going by the 'experts' opinions and assuming draft pedigree was good enough to find a guy in a redraft, and if not, I'd be quicker than the next guy on waiver pickups. And this year, was the first time, I couldn't find a single guy to identify as someone I thought might be pretty good. Often times that guy was obvious to everyone, often times I was just dead wrong (y'all remember Joe Williams right?), sometimes I scored big, Stevenson, Brian Robinson, sometimes it just helped me avoid the big mistakes - CEH.
But this is the first time, in what, a decade of doing this now? that I can't find a single guy that even makes me raise an eyebrow..sad.
Surely someone will pop out of this class and surprise, but it'll be a shock to me as to who.

And yes, given some of the contracts, and the names attached, my only conclusion is that the NFL teams and their scouts see things very similarly.

Bad year to hold a high rookie draft pick and need a RB. you either trade, if you can find a partner, reach, or add yet another WR

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to update on RB movement: Ekeler to WAS, Gibson to NE, Gus the Bus to LAC, Singletary to NYG, Moss to CIN, A. Jones to MIN. Several of those have put a hurtin' on my dynasty plans. .... Mixon and Henry still looking, but it sounds like The King will be a Raven sooner rather than than later. ...

@TREFF apparently the NFL brass are seeing the same thing you stated in your post earlier - the cast off vets (right, wrong or indifferent) are superior to the in-coming rooks. .....
It's now official: King Henry to BAL, Mixon traded to HOU. ....
And at lesser development Mooney to ATL

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now official: King Henry to BAL, Mixon traded to HOU. ....
And at lesser development Mooney to ATL
I guess this is the thread for this

Big movers for fantasy

RANKED

Saquon Barkley, Eagles
Derrick Henry, Ravens
Josh Jacobs, Packers
Aaron Jones, Vikings
Joe Mixon, Texans
Tony Pollard, Titans
D’Andre Swift, Bears
Zach Moss, Bengals
Austin Ekeler, Commanders
Devin Singletary, Giants
Gus Edwards, Chargers
Antonio Gibson, Patriots

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I just realized...Rico Dowdle is the Cowboys #1 back!

Totally stunned that Jerry wasn't all over King Henry.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to make of this but it looks pretty ugly.
GJsB7C3WYAEfUE7.jpg
Jayden Daniels said there's nothing wrong with his throwing arm after a picture revealing an ugly look at his right elbow went viral on social media earlier this week. The LSU product - considered one of the top quarterback prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft - tweeted that his elbow is "perfectly fine."

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His upper are is straight up and down. His forearm is at an angle with his elbow blocking our view of his forearm.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His upper are is straight up and down. His forearm is at an angle with his elbow blocking our view of his forearm.
Found this - doesn't sound like a big deal. ............ just ugly.
“He has olecranon bursitis,” Dr. Jazrawi believes.
The doctor described the symptoms as swelling and “sometimes pain, sometimes no pain.”
How does one fix this issue?
You can get a cortisone injection, or you can surgically remove the bursa,” Dr. Jazrawi said.
“The downtime for something like that is two-to-three weeks for a bursa excision, or you can play the whole season with it because it’s generally not that painful.”
He could not remember a situation like this causing a lasting issue for an athlete.
“It’s surgically corrected. It’s not a reconstruction or a ligament repair,” Dr. Jazrawi continued.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this - doesn't sound like a big deal. ............ just ugly.
“He has olecranon bursitis,” Dr. Jazrawi believes.
The doctor described the symptoms as swelling and “sometimes pain, sometimes no pain.”
How does one fix this issue?
You can get a cortisone injection, or you can surgically remove the bursa,” Dr. Jazrawi said.
“The downtime for something like that is two-to-three weeks for a bursa excision, or you can play the whole season with it because it’s generally not that painful.”
He could not remember a situation like this causing a lasting issue for an athlete.
“It’s surgically corrected. It’s not a reconstruction or a ligament repair,” Dr. Jazrawi continued.
Looks much worse than it is.

Seems like he played thru it just fine. But man does that ever look ugly.

Reminds me of my knees in JH/HS.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
generally not that painful.
Disagree.
Was playing some pond hockey (without pads) and hit a rut in the ice and fell on my elbow and bruised my bursa.
To this day if i bump my elbow, it is easily bruised. The pain is minimal but annoy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Cowboys and RB Ezekiel Elliott have mutual interest in a reunion.
It’s a move that would make sense for both parties after Dallas let Tony Pollard walk in free agency, particularly considering Elliott played with the Patriots on a one-year contract in 2023. Rico Dowdle currently sits atop the Dallas depth chart at running back, followed by second-year change of pace back Deuce Vaughn, failed between-the-tackles grinder Malik Davis, and former Jaguars retread Snoop Conner.
---------------------------------------------
Interesting - guess Jer and the 'Boys should have let Zeke walk last yr, given that Pollard did not fulfill the workhorse role as expected.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Pros has an article of 4 dynasty BUST candidates:
1) WR Legette
2) QB Nix
3) QB Penix
4) RB Brooks

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Pros has an article of 4 dynasty BUST candidates:
1) WR Legette
2) QB Nix
3) QB Penix
4) RB Brooks

i hate reading.... was there a reason on brooks or was it just that he is the perceived best in a weak class.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate reading.... was there a reason on brooks or was it just that he is the perceived best in a weak class.
Had to do with that he was coming off an ACL recovery.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got every RB on the probable dynasty bust list. Thing is though, there's only going to be one or two that land in a spot where anything is going to be expected of them immediately anyways, so are the rest truly a bust candidate? Maybe there's only one..or none..who end up in a spot where we expect anything?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got every RB on the probable dynasty bust list. Thing is though, there's only going to be one or two that land in a spot where anything is going to be expected of them immediately anyways, so are the rest truly a bust candidate? Maybe there's only one..or none..who end up in a spot where we expect anything?
Think you pointed out that whomever went to DAL was about the last place anyone of them would potentially make a difference in the short-term. With DAL/Jer considering a reunion with Zeke - that spot may be out the door. Word is the 2025 class is where the scouts seem to see the value at RB - - so they wait until next yr ?
It certainly does seem plausible with all the vet movement this yr, that a number of teams just may be in that wait mode. .... but who really knows.