• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random bitching...

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell has Ertz been? Suddenly he can't block but why isn't he getting the receptions we thought he would?

We need a solid #2 WR. Obviously it isn't Cooper (surprise!). Either move Matthews outside or get us another outside WR with some size. (Might Houston consider moving Andre Johnson?)

These CBs suck! Blitz and more blitz!

I wouldn't mind if the draft had a good RB fall to us next year. Not in round 1, but maybe starting in round 2.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather a random bitches thread.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell has Ertz been? Suddenly he can't block but why isn't he getting the receptions we thought he would?

We need a solid #2 WR. Obviously it isn't Cooper (surprise!). Either move Matthews outside or get us another outside WR with some size. (Might Houston consider moving Andre Johnson?)

These CBs suck! Blitz and more blitz!

I wouldn't mind if the draft had a good RB fall to us next year. Not in round 1, but maybe starting in round 2.

There must be a good reason why Chip isn't using Ertz.
After this season, maybe move Matthews to #2, and Huff to the slot. If not, then draft Sammie Coates, Auburn.
Yes, we will blitz Wilson + have a spy on him (Baldwin/Kendricks). The CB's do suck, but we can't do much before next season, and we will.
Why draft a RB, unless a good one is available after the 4th round? Do you not like Shady/Foles/Polk? We need to gt Cbs and a S in FA + the draft.

Take 2 Advil, and call us in the morning! :lol:

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McCoy gets hurt for more than one game, who is your RB? Sproles and Polk are both role players and neither one fills the starting role for more than one week.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously meant Sproles - not Foles. Anyway, I would not draft one in the 1st 2 rounds with all the other needs, unless we get them solved in free agency, which is hard to gt that many in FA. I think.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of Bitches!! Your team is 9-3 and tied for the best record in football and you want to bitch about it? This is the best RB the Eagles have ever had and he is still only 26! and by far the best #2 and #3 backs as well.

As far as Ertz, you can only have so many players on the field and essentially Matthews has beat him out as the starting slot guy. Ertz's performance is more about Matthews than what he is doing. We should be talking about what a great pick Matthews is and how great it is to have depth like they have in Ertz, Sproles and Huff who can't get on the field because the other guys are doing so great.

Cooper, I don't quite get. They like the idea of keeping Matthews in the slot, so who to lineup outside? That said, each week his playing time seems to go down, so they are clearly phasing him out. That said, regardless of how quickly they play, there is still only so many balls to go around, so the 2nd outside receiver is not going to put up great stats.

As far as the secondary, both Fletcher and Allen are in the final year of their deals, so I expect we will be seeing new bodies there. In the meantime, this team, this year, has a chance to go all the way. I appreciate the coaching staff and the players focusing on how to get the best performance this year. Even as fans, does it really make much sense to start laying out draft and free agent plans when your team is right in the middle of the hunt? These guys are the guys for now and for the next 4 and hopefully 8 weeks. Telling them they suck doesn't really help in that timeframe.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ertz is one of several players who killed my fantasy teams this year. I keep waiting for him to break out and he never does.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what, the Eagles fucked up.....I lobied like crazy on the old KFFL board for DJ Swearinger in rd 2, and he was there for the taking....and we took Ertz....I'm not saying Ertz won't be a very good player, but we already had Celek and we just brought in James Casey for big bucks. We needed that sideline to Sideline ball hawking Safety.

Then this year we made the same mistake....We select Marcus Smith when the right pick should have been Bradley Roby, the extremely Fast/Physical CB that we so desperately needed.

Now call it bitching, I call it Fact, 2 guys I lobied hard for that would have Vastly improved our defense. Just imagine our Defense with Swearinger and Jenkins, and Bradley Roby as one of our Cb's. Instead we selected two players that hardly touch the field.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to remember that Chip is building a culture. He is also building an Offense that REQUIRES good depth. He values Special Teams greatly & that will cause him to add players who may not be as good O/D players but can be good ST guys. He knows what he is doing. Thats for damn sure.

It has worked well so far. Not much to bitch about right now because in reality..many wanted that guy in Jacksonville instead. I think we have a shot this year to win it all (rare in a HCs 2nd year) but in all likelihood...NEXT YEAR will be the key year. Chip obviously isnt rushing it. He is implementing his culture & winning in the mean time. Its a process.

Goals for 2015...Figure out QB pos. (I think Sanchez is better), add at least 1 youngin' to the OL, another WR draft pick in mid rounds(keep Maclin), an ILB and fix the secondary. Can all that be done? Hopefully most of it. If so, we'll be right in the thick of it again, with a better chance to hold the trophy. At worst we have to getter better talent in that secondary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is way too early to complain about the Ertz pick. The guy can clearly play. I think he will be a good TE for many years. His blocking seems to be improving, at least on returns. He will also probably see more looks next year, once they finally move Matthews to the outside and demote Riley Cooper. I think Ertz will work through this sophomore slump.

On Marcus Smith...it doesn't look good, and I was one of the few who liked him coming out--as a second rounder. He just looks like he will never be an NFL OLB and may have to try and switch inside, where he also may never cut it.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MArcus Smith is 4th on the depth chart. Barwin is killing it & Graham is also playing pretty well. Cole is doing good too. Its not a surprise that Smith aint playing much. He'll be good IMO. Probably be full-time starter in 2016 unless we cut Cole in the offseason, which is doubtful imo (more likely paycut). I think Graham will have to go after this season (He'll want to play), so at worst Smith should be #3 next year. He'll be good...he is learning pass rush moves right now, in all likelihood. It will be interesting if we keep Graham & let Cole go though...that could be a sign they feel they made a mistake with Smith.

Nothing to worry about Ertz. Kelly is pushing him to improve his blocking by keeping Celek AND playing Celek. Ertz will probably have to wait until 2016 to take over as the full time starter unless he can match or come close to Celek in blocking. I mean we are a running team. Makes sense. In the mean time, he is awesome depth.

Last edited by a moderator: