• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams land Matthew Stafford

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't even make the pro bowl this year. The guy led a game winning drive in the Super Bowl. With no real running game, OBJ out of the game, Woods long gone, top two TEs out of the game. Relying on Kupp which every one on defense is watching, Van Jefferson whose mind wasn't completely in the game becsuse his wife was on the hospital delivering his baby and a WR that can't catch and caused an interception. The haters have no more excuses to hate him

This sounds about right. I'm happy for him. Seems that some folks on this board are bending over backwards to not credit him for some reason. He finally escaped Detroit and puts up a Pro-bowl worthy season and a fantastic playoff run, capping it off with a 3 TD performance in the Super Bowl, including yet another 4th quarter comeback game-winning drive. Brady, Manning, Brees and Big Ben are the only QBs in history with more of those fwiw.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is fair analysis. His INT% was 2.8 this year, he was still inconsistent, Rams just made it so his inconsistency was not back breaking and his highs came at the right time.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SeparateSimpleAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't even make the pro bowl this year. The guy led a game winning drive in the Super Bowl. With no real running game, OBJ out of the game, Woods long gone, top two TEs out of the game. Relying on Kupp which every one on defense is watching, Van Jefferson whose mind wasn't completely in the game becsuse his wife was on the hospital delivering his baby and a WR that can't catch and caused an interception. The haters have no more excuses to hate him

This isn't about hating him at all. Here's a what if for you. Let's say Stafford spent his first 12 years with a different lousy team, I'll use my team as an example. Put up the same exact numbers. One pro bowl selection. Only 4 winning seasons. And not one time during his first 12 years was he called a top QB. 75% of time he had a losing record.

Would you still call it hating because I think he needs to get his W/L record (86-95-1) closer to .500 before any HOF talk? Like it or not QB's are judged differently than any other spot on the field. And in todays game W/L means something.

There's a reason why it's been a while since a QB with a sub .500 record got into the HOF. And two examples are Sonny Jurgensen (played from '57 to '74) & Broadway Joe ('65 to '77).

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2nd in TD's and 3rd in yards in the NFL, def should have been invited, but he has the last laugh with the Lombardi. Kyler Murray pftt

Stafford could write a book when he playing days are over. It can be called- From the Outhouse to Penthouse. It would be about his journey from a clearly dysfunctional franchise to one run properly.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. I was wrong about this trade. At the time Stafford had proven to be little more than a stat-padding QB incapable of winning big games. But he changed that image this year.

Respect has been earned.

He has too many 4th quarter career comebacks, think it's around 40, to just be a stat-padder. But I thought when that trade happened it made the Rams dangerous with all the weapons they have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Pro Bowl appearances is starting to mean less and less on the resume.--> It's great to add the All Pros but Pro Bowls are overrated.<-- Even SB wins for a QB are overrated but in this case Stafford needed a deep playoff run in the least but came home with a SB win instead. Definitely lifted his resume and redefined his entire career. As far as HOF only time will tell but if he plays for 3-4 more years I think he will eventually get in.

Exactly. It's the all pro team selections that really mean something.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. It's the all pro team selections that really mean something.
Yeah All-Pros are more meaningful without a doubt but there is always that case of being a borderline all-pro which sucks too.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about hating him at all. Here's a what if for you. Let's say Stafford spent his first 12 years with a different lousy team, I'll use my team as an example. Put up the same exact numbers. One pro bowl selection. Only 4 winning seasons. And not one time during his first 12 years was he called a top QB. 75% of time he had a losing record.

Would you still call it hating because I think he needs to get his W/L record (86-95-1) closer to .500 before any HOF talk? Like it or not QB's are judged differently than any other spot on the field. And in todays game W/L means something.

There's a reason why it's been a while since a QB with a sub .500 record got into the HOF. And two examples are Sonny Jurgensen (played from '57 to '74) & Broadway Joe ('65 to '77).
If Stafford were to retire this year he's not a lock for the HOF and shouldn't be.

If he plays three more years with the Rams and isn't closer to .500, he shouldn't be.

But everybody expects him to perform close to what he did this year, and go like 33-18 over the next few years. That's what the HOF talk really means, I think.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stafford were to retire this year he's not a lock for the HOF and shouldn't be.

If he plays three more years with the Rams and isn't closer to .500, he shouldn't be.

But everybody expects him to perform close to what he did this year, and go like 33-18 over the next few years. That's what the HOF talk really means, I think.

And I can see the Rams having some more good years. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking Stafford. I'm not and that wasn't my intension. With the weapons he has around him and barring any serious injuries to key players there's no reason he doesn't have continued success.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody truly appreciated Mathew Stafford more than all of us in his division. That mother fucker always was the reason we had apprehensions about playing Detroit. The fucker was amazing, and like Barry Sanders, the only reason to take Detroit seriously.