• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams land Matthew Stafford

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, we will have the question answered . Is Stafford A loser Or was he just stuck With the worst Organization in the NFL?

This has been debated for years

If Stafford starts winning playoff games now, he can change his legacy
We got our answer.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wonder what Stafford would have been if had he gone to a different team. His arm talent is undeniably elite, but his entire career was spent trying to carry a team that lacked talent. You can't spend a decade straight trying to make a play where there isn't one and undo that conditioning after 1 year.

Are the bad decisions something that would have always been there? Or are they there because he was Lionized? I think the next 2 years will answer that question.
Very Kevin Garnett like.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this S.B. win put Stafford in the HOF?
I don't think so, but he still has a few good more years in the tank. I'm sure he will end up top 10 of td's yard etc, one more SB would seal it imo

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically all the Rams' moves worked. They moved to LA, built a stadium and won a ring, and no one will remember anything else in a few years, even if they are cap strapped and depleted. Kroenke is getting richer as we speak.

Imagine being the Chargers ownership now. They have never won anything after all these years in SoCal and now everyone is going to hop on the Rams bandwagon even more.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, but he still has a few good more years in the tank. I'm sure he will end up top 10 of td's yard etc, one more SB would seal it imo

If the Rams can win 11/12 games the next couple of seasons that would get his W/L record closer or above .500. I just think he needs to be closer to .500.

Imo, yes, this seals the deal for him. Has the numbers, now has the playoff resume and the ring and is well liked universally.

Hey I hope he does get in at some point. But for me his W/L record has to be a little better.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rams can win 11/12 games the next couple of seasons that would get his W/L record closer or above .500. I just think he needs to be closer to .500.

Hey I hope he does get in at some point. But for me his W/L record has to be a little better.
Yes and the fact that he wasn't considered to be in top QB's 5 in any of his his seasons except this one, and only voted once to Pro Bowl, even though its a fugazee.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and the fact that he wasn't considered to be in top QB's 5 in any of his his seasons except this one, and only voted once to Pro Bowl, even though its a fugazee.
He has been good enough for the Pro Bowl Many years, but his team has always been trash. The year he made it was actually one of his worse years, but the team went 11-5 because they finally had a defense. I don't think any player has been ever had a public perception so damaged by the team he was on.

I think this SB win hammers home the point that the issue was never him. He has his flaws, but when it is all said and done, he will be top 10 all time in yards and TD's and be a SuperBowl Champ. That is a strong resume. The longer he plays away from the Lions the less the stink of the franchise will hold him down.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been good enough for the Pro Bowl Many years, but his team has always been trash. The year he made it was actually one of his worse years, but the team went 11-5 because they finally had a defense. I don't think any player has been ever had a public perception so damaged by the team he was on.

I think this SB win hammers home the point that the issue was never him. He has his flaws, but when it is all said and done, he will be top 10 all time in yards and TD's and be a SuperBowl Champ. That is a strong resume. The longer he plays away from the Lions the less the stink of the franchise will hold him down.
Like I stated the Pro bowl really means nothing imo but still voted. I personally don't remember a year where I would have ranked him in top 5 of QB's, regardless of team record. He has a 2/1 td/int in todays game , basically playing his entire career in a dome, not that good. I always considered him a very good QB, never a great or elite QB

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't even make the pro bowl this year. The guy led a game winning drive in the Super Bowl. With no real running game, OBJ out of the game, Woods long gone, top two TEs out of the game. Relying on Kupp which every one on defense is watching, Van Jefferson whose mind wasn't completely in the game becsuse his wife was on the hospital delivering his baby and a WR that can't catch and caused an interception. The haters have no more excuses to hate him

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gave up two 1st Rd picks, a 3rd, and a starting QB for Matt Stafford.

jay z GIF
Yep and it was worth it

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford didn't even make the pro bowl this year. The guy led a game winning drive in the Super Bowl. With no real running game, OBJ out of the game, Woods long gone, top two TEs out of the game. Relying on Kupp which every one on defense is watching, Van Jefferson whose mind wasn't completely in the game becsuse his wife was on the hospital delivering his baby and a WR that can't catch and caused an interception. The haters have no more excuses to hate him
Yeah 2nd in TD's and 3rd in yards in the NFL, def should have been invited, but he has the last laugh with the Lombardi. Kyler Murray pftt

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated the Pro bowl really means nothing imo but still voted. I personally don't remember a year where I would have ranked him in top 5 of QB's, regardless of team record. He has a 2/1 td/int in todays game , basically playing his entire career in a dome, not that good. I always considered him a very good QB, never a great or elite QB
I am saying his never being viewed top 5 is because he has always been on trash teams. The best view of his value to me is 2019. 3-4-1 when healthy 0-8 without. To be completely fair the backup situation was beyond terrible, but that is a pretty dramatic change.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am saying his never being viewed top 5 is because he has always been on trash teams. The best view of his value to me is 2019. 3-4-1 when healthy 0-8 without. To be completely fair the backup situation was beyond terrible, but that is a pretty dramatic change.
Stop talking shit about my Lions :D

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and it was worth it
Indeed. I was wrong about this trade. At the time Stafford had proven to be little more than a stat-padding QB incapable of winning big games. But he changed that image this year.

Respect has been earned.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah 2nd in TD's and 3rd in yards in the NFL, def should have been invited, but he has the last laugh with the Lombardi. Kyler Murray pftt
Yeah Pro Bowl appearances is starting to mean less and less on the resume. It's great to add the All Pros but Pro Bowls are overrated. Even SB wins for a QB are overrated but in this case Stafford needed a deep playoff run in the least but came home with a SB win instead. Definitely lifted his resume and redefined his entire career. As far as HOF only time will tell but if he plays for 3-4 more years I think he will eventually get in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. I was wrong about this trade. At the time Stafford had proven to be little more than a stat-padding QB incapable of winning big games. But he changed that image this year.

Respect has been earned.
I think everyone had their concerns which is fine bc all we saw was the Stafford Lions version but I really liked this trade when it happened and thought it was an immediate upgrade from Goff.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone had their concerns which is fine bc all we saw was the Stafford Lions version but I really liked this trade when it happened and thought it was an immediate upgrade from Goff.
I'm trying to decide if playing for the Lions was hindering Stafford all along? Or if he was simply developing all those years.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to decide if playing for the Lions was hindering Stafford all along? Or if he was simply developing all those years.
The former. Stafford has always thrown a lot of picks, and some of them look terrible. Those always got blasted, Stafford in clutch just got dialed up to desperation or garbage time. He showed that his late game clutch was real, but the bad picks will always be a part of the game. Three game winning drives in one playoff is pretty damn solid.

He also gets a lot of his achievements get put on having Calvin Johnson, but just about every critical stat improved after Johnson retired. He has been better without him.