• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams land Matthew Stafford

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has his guy's back. But as of right now, the two are not comparable as peers. Russ has had far more success, although on far better team. The accomplishments are there.

Before January, Stafford was Kirk Cousins with a worse record.

If he can run it back or find success with another team, you might be able to start giving him HOF credit. As it is now, between the two of them, Wilson is easily the better candidate.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You got to put in the time to hold the title

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has his guy's back. But as of right now, the two are not comparable as peers. Russ has had far more success, although on far better team. The accomplishments are there.

Before January, Stafford was Kirk Cousins with a worse record.

If he can run it back or find success with another team, you might be able to start giving him HOF credit. As it is now, between the two of them, Wilson is easily the better candidate.
Kirk Cousins has never been on Staffords level as a QB at any time.

No reason to tell tall tales.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins has never been on Staffords level as a QB at any time.

No reason to tell tall tales.

Yeah, I guess the fact that Kirk beat him every time that they have squared off is just a coincidence. (Except one time in 2016 with Washington)

I'm the last guy to defend Cousins, he's had better teams, but Stafford proved nothing until this year, let's see him do it again before we start throwing HOF around about him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess the fact that Kirk beat him every time that they have squared off is just a coincidence. (Except one time in 2016 with Washington)

I'm the last guy to defend Cousins, he's had better teams, but Stafford proved nothing until this year, let's see him do it again before we start throwing HOF around about him.
You seem to be Cousins promoter and defender #1.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be Cousins promoter and defender #1.

Are you drunk? Have you actually read anything that I've ever posted about Kirk? I can't stand him! It makes me sick that Rick Spielman decided to sign him and then, even worse, extend him!

I didn't think highly of Stafford either, but he proved his worth the second that he got out of Detroit. But before we start with the HOF talk, let's let him at least prove it wasn't a Joe Fluke-O type of run.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you drunk? Have you actually read anything that I've ever posted about Kirk? I can't stand him! It makes me sick that Rick Spielman decided to sign him and then, even worse, extend him!

I didn't think highly of Stafford either, but he proved his worth the second that he got out of Detroit. But before we start with the HOF talk, let's let him at least prove it wasn't a Joe Fluke-O type of run.
I read the nonsense comparison.

Rick Spielman is among a special group of respected men. Men who never should be allowed to chose a starting QB again. Not via draft pick usage, or by FA signing. But are still respected men.

Wish I was drunk. I like being drunk.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone talks about the big free agents, this guy's barely registered a bleep on the radar. He was a machine in the postseason.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To claim Stafford was at the level of Cousins is just flat out wrong. How many more posters need to point this out to you?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To claim Stafford was at the level of Cousins is just flat out wrong. How many more posters need to point this out to you?
Well I think his point is that Cousins is known as a stat compiler who couldn't win in prime time and Stafford up tell now had a similar history.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think his point is that Cousins is known as a stat compiler who couldn't win in prime time and Stafford up tell now had a similar history.
And playing on horrible teams that had little chance of winning those games does not factor in as we evaluate Mathew Stafford in Detroit? That's just stupid and he proved this season that he could in fact win those games when he was not burdened with playing on such bad teams. .

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This aged well......

Oh wait, for once something did age well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And playing on horrible teams that had little chance of winning those games does not factor in as we evaluate Mathew Stafford in Detroit? That's just stupid and he proved this season that he could in fact win those games when he was not burdened with playing on such bad teams. .
Of course that factors in as it does with Cousins. The Rams went to a Super Bowl with Goff so who's to say they couldn't have with Cousins? A lot of recency bias going on in regards to Stafford. Personally I do like Stafford over Cousin, but it's not that big a gap IMO and using words like stupid shows a emotional rather then a rational view of the comparison. You being a Washington fan likely have some negative feelings when it comes to Cousins.

Last edited: