• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams game notes from Ray Dogg

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to see he will be announcing it. I will be disappointed if kap is not the starter. Would not make sense to me.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this article is a mind fuck. "without offering evidence of his choice for Sunday" leads to “Alex Smith is our starting quarterback. He has not done anything to lose that job" the "You also can’t categorize Colin Kaepernick as a backup quarterback"

I wish i never read it, now i hate life until wednesday.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
can't think of any reason to name Alex the starter?

not that Alex couldn't win either - or at least tie - but don't see a reason?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com Injuries could provide opportunities for Jenkins and James

Harbaugh said James’ pass-catching ability have improved since the summer. James had 51 catches for 586 yards and four touchdowns in three seasons at Oregon.

“He’s been a wide receiver a lot of times in practice and running back coming out of the backfield,” Harbaugh said. “His hands have improved so much and his route-running ability. I think it was quite a good look for our defense this week with LaMichael.”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Small sample size for Kaepernick, but...

Passing outside the pocket

Kaepernick - Smith

% of attempts - 24.3 - 8.8
Completions/Attempts - 11/18 - 9/19
TD/INTs - 3/0 - 1/1
1st down % - 50.0% - 21.1%

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size for Kaepernick, but...

Passing outside the pocket

Kaepernick - Smith

% of attempts - 24.3 - 8.8
Completions/Attempts - 11/18 - 9/19
TD/INTs - 3/0 - 1/1
1st down % - 50.0% - 21.1%

Care to weigh in on who should start, Pozz?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Care to weigh in on who should start, Pozz?

Before the Bears game I was concerned about rolling with Kaepernick despite being somewhat of a fan of him in college and of the pick in general, though I thought it was too early to take him.

Anyway, then I saw him in the Bears game and he looked far better than I was expecting and he did not noticeably struggle with any of the issues he had in camp, some of which being his awareness and accuracy, or in his first two preseasons. He also had a much better feel for the game than I thought he would as well, though I was expecting to see the Bears play differently than the 49ers.

Kaepernick then held his own in a crazy environment much better than I thought he would in NO. He showed poise, accuracy, and the ability to consistently check in and out of plays at the line and obviously the arm and his ability to throw to all levels was impressive.

After yesterday, I'm fine with seeing Kaepernick again and I would continue to go with him. I was downright shocked to read from Harbaugh and Roman, if it's actually true, that nothing has been dialed back or altered in any way for him. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't want to see Kaepernick and felt like he shouldn't be in earlier, in addition to the things I read and saw during camp and preseason.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Bears game I was concerned about rolling with Kaepernick despite being somewhat of a fan of him in college and of the pick in general, though I thought it was too early to take him.

Anyway, then I saw him in the Bears game and he looked far better than I was expecting and he did not noticeably struggle with any of the issues he had in camp, some of which being his awareness and accuracy, or in his first two preseasons. He also had a much better feel for the game than I thought he would as well, though I was expecting to see the Bears play differently than the 49ers.

Kaepernick then held his own in a crazy environment much better than I thought he would in NO. He showed poise, accuracy, and the ability to consistently check in and out of plays at the line and obviously the arm and his ability to throw to all levels was impressive.

After yesterday, I'm fine with seeing Kaepernick again and I would continue to go with him. I was downright shocked to read from Harbaugh and Roman, if it's actually true, that nothing has been dialed back or altered in any way for him. That was one of the main reasons why I didn't want to see Kaepernick and felt like he shouldn't be in earlier, in addition to the things I read and saw during camp and preseason.

Matt Williamson of ESPN has been absolutely gaga over him. I was always worried about the mental aspect for Kaep, but he's seemed to handle it well. I was shocked as well that Harbaugh didn't dumb down the offense for Kaep. To perform well under those circumstances was pretty impressive.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked as well that Harbaugh didn't dumb down the offense for Kaep. To perform well under those circumstances was pretty impressive.

I'm glad he didn't dumb it down, because if we won by running more than we did with Smith (before the running down the clock) then I feel we wouldn't have gotten as meaningful of evaluation of Kaep. We wanted to see him with the real offense, we did, and he did well. I know Harbaugh is first and foremost into winning, not evaluation, so if he felt Kaep wasn't ready, we'd have seen the most running since he's been here.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be really upset if Kap isn't starting on sunday

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to be really upset if Kap isn't starting on sunday

I'm not going to be upset, but I'll be disappointed because I think CK takes the offense to the next level. It probably won't matter who starts since I'm pretty sure the defense is going to pitch a shutout after the Rams embarrassed them 3 weeks ago.

But, after those plays where CK's pocket presence and escape ability turned sure sacks into positive gains, and after watching CK make those throws that require big arm strength... it'd not be cool to go back to Smith. It'd be as if we were given an M3 BMW for 2 weeks and then had to go back to a VW Jetta.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be upset, but I'll be disappointed because I think CK takes the offense to the next level. It probably won't matter who starts since I'm pretty sure the defense is going to pitch a shutout after the Rams embarrassed them 3 weeks ago.

But, after those plays where CK's pocket presence and escape ability turned sure sacks into positive gains, and after watching CK make those throws that require big arm strength... it'd not be cool to go back to Smith. It'd be as if we were given an M3 BMW for 2 weeks and then had to go back to a VW Jetta.

I would be more upset because I will actually be at the game and I really want to see Kap play in person. I have seen Alex Smith like 5 times already.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Williamson of ESPN has been absolutely gaga over him. I was always worried about the mental aspect for Kaep, but he's seemed to handle it well. I was shocked as well that Harbaugh didn't dumb down the offense for Kaep. To perform well under those circumstances was pretty impressive.

look at luck, smith and kap. harbaugh demands a lot mentally from a qb. all 3 are smart qb's and i bet all 3 would make great coaches one day.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bad news for Mike Rumph, I mean Culliver:

Amendola 'a little sore' Monday: Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola played in Week 12 against the Cardinals despite not practicing due to a foot injury and finished with a 38-yard catch. Coach Jeff Fisher told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Monday that he was encouraged by Amendola's performance and expects him to have a larger role next week against the 49ers. “He's a little sore, but he's got a chance to get back on the practice field,” Fisher said. “He's healing, but it's going to take time until he gets back to 100 percent.”
(Updated 11/26/12)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for Mike Rumph, I mean Culliver:

Amendola 'a little sore' Monday: Rams wide receiver Danny Amendola played in Week 12 against the Cardinals despite not practicing due to a foot injury and finished with a 38-yard catch. Coach Jeff Fisher told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch Monday that he was encouraged by Amendola's performance and expects him to have a larger role next week against the 49ers. “He's a little sore, but he's got a chance to get back on the practice field,” Fisher said. “He's healing, but it's going to take time until he gets back to 100 percent.”
(Updated 11/26/12)

Goldson or Whitner needs to lay some good ol fashion wood on Danny.... knock his ass out!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Goldson or Whitner needs to lay some good ol fashion wood on Danny.... knock his ass out!

Word. If Chris Givens is in during any given play, I want to see T. Brown shadowing him. Danny will be a pain though and Brown is the only corner who's quick and fast enough to run with that little gazelle.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. If Chris Givens is in during any given play, I want to see T. Brown shadowing him. Danny will be a pain though and Brown is the only corner who's quick and fast enough to run with that little gazelle.

ATM I don't trust Rogers on Danny. So anyone but Rogers on Danny I'm cool with.

But it don't matter cuz...cuz... cuz Aldon Smith gonna smack Bradford up YO... :dhd: