• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why you trade the guy BEFORE you draft a QB at number one. Had to know something like this would happen...We have four QB's on the Roster and can only carry three. As if the rest of the teams won't know this and try to rip us off?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screw the money and cut his ass

I'd rather trade him and at least get something back, even if it's a late round pick. Even if it's a pick in the middle-later rounds of the draft.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather trade him and at least get something back, even if it's a late round pick. Even if it's a pick in the middle-later rounds of the draft.

ik, but im feeling the market is gone and has been gone for awhile

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ik, but im feeling the market is gone and has been gone for awhile
I believe teams are always going to be in the market for a QB. Might need to wait until preseason though when cuts are being made or if other QB's go down and they don't have another option. Might get better value back at that point.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe teams are always going to be in the market for a QB. Might need to wait until preseason though when cuts are being made or if other QB's go down and they don't have another option. Might get better value back at that point.

Yeah, there's no harm in carrying him on the roster until cutdowns since his bonuses are already paid.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great Snisher move paying someone before they took a snap. And then bench him. And then trade for picks to draft his replacement the following off season

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great Snisher move paying someone before they took a snap. And then bench him. And then trade for picks to draft his replacement the following off season

Still not as stupid as signing a QB, leave him on the practice squad, let him go sign somewhere else and then trade a draft pick to get the guy back.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Rams Looking To Install Spread Attack

usa-today-9284121.0.jpg
Don't look now, but the Rams will be installing another version of the spread attack this season...

The Los Angeles Rams began OTAs this week in sunny California, their first home practice in California in over 20 years.
Bringing football back to Los Angeles means changes everywhere, and apparently that includes the offensive philosophy.

After wrapping up the first OTA, Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed the team will give another go at installing the spread into their offensive approach:

We're going to get the ball spread around a little bit more. It's going to all focus off the run game. But we're going to be able to, if need be, hand it off to Todd, and if someone says "we're not going to let you do that", then were going to spread it around.

Fisher also went on to highlight getting the ball into Tavon Austin's hands more and doubling his catch total (52) from last year. He mentioned pushing the ball down field being a priority as well.

Now this may all sound a little familiar to Rams fans as this has been tried with the Fisher regime before.

In 2013 when the Rams drafted Tavon Austin, the team went towards a more power-run/spread attack. With Sam Bradford at the quaterback position and rookie first-round pick Tavon Austin having extreme college success in the spread, fans were really excited about the possibilities of the offense.

Then reality came crashing down when the season began.

Somehow, everyone forgot Jeff Fisher and his staff knew nothing about running a spread offense as they all have always run a power scheme. Then, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, proved early and often he was in over his head in the attempts to design route concepts from the spread that would allow the offense to flourish. Furthermore, the spread that Bradford ran in college, and the one Tavon was used to, wasn't even remotely close to being similar. And to top it all off, Schottenheimer didn't do much to lessen the learning curve, as the verbiage was rumored to be overly complex.

Here we are now, three years later, and Fisher is ready to try it one more time. But what reasons are there to believe they'll get it right this time?

The Rams brought in Mike Groh as a wide recievers coach but also as the passing game coordinator. His job is to help design concepts for the spread pass game that will take the 32nd-ranked offense in 2015 to new heights in 2016.

Now this tid bit of info will either make you as a Rams fan vomit, or jump and rejoice.

Groh stems from an interesting coaching tree. He is a disciple of Adam Gase, who began his career learning directly under Mike Martz. Gase has had success with his spread attack, which is similar but different from that of Martz. The Rams are hoping that Groh can bring some of that creativity to this offense.

The Rams also have a new QB in town. Some kid that goes by the name of Jared Goff. He's another guy that had success in the spread in college. You have to wonder how's the learning curve going to affect him, but Fisher has already confirmed the offense has been simplified. At least it seems they are trying to make the transition as easy as possible which is clearly the smart thing to do.

One thing that stood out to me with Fisher's comments is he wants to spread it out and push it down field. Considering Goff is from a spread offense and was by far the best down field passer in college football during the 2015 season, one has to wonder how much of Goff's college "Bear Raid" offense will be installed.

Goff doesn't have a wow, drop your jaw, kind of arm, but his down field accuracy is scary impressive. Could the Rams finally not only be looking to spread it out, but actually try to push the ball down field on a more consistent basis?

Fisher's comments has opened the door to a lot of questions, and as training camp draws near, Rams fans, media and all of LA will be watching closely to see, what other changes will be in store for this franchise come the 2016 season.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams brought in Mike Groh as a wide recievers coach but also as the passing game coordinator. His job is to help design concepts for the spread pass game that will take the 32nd-ranked offense in 2015 to new heights in 2016.

Now this tid bit of info will either make you as a Rams fan vomit, or jump and rejoice.

Groh stems from an interesting coaching tree. He is a disciple of Adam Gase, who began his career learning directly under Mike Martz. Gase has had success with his spread attack, which is similar but different from that of Martz. The Rams are hoping that Groh can bring some of that creativity to this offense.

Just hearing about the hiring of Mike Groh made me vomit. I was relieved when he and his dad Al were canned from UVA. He had the most predictable offense I've ever seen.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Rams Looking To Install Spread Attack

View attachment 124235
Don't look now, but the Rams will be installing another version of the spread attack this season...

The Los Angeles Rams began OTAs this week in sunny California, their first home practice in California in over 20 years.
Bringing football back to Los Angeles means changes everywhere, and apparently that includes the offensive philosophy.

After wrapping up the first OTA, Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher confirmed the team will give another go at installing the spread into their offensive approach:

We're going to get the ball spread around a little bit more. It's going to all focus off the run game. But we're going to be able to, if need be, hand it off to Todd, and if someone says "we're not going to let you do that", then were going to spread it around.

Fisher also went on to highlight getting the ball into Tavon Austin's hands more and doubling his catch total (52) from last year. He mentioned pushing the ball down field being a priority as well.

Now this may all sound a little familiar to Rams fans as this has been tried with the Fisher regime before.

In 2013 when the Rams drafted Tavon Austin, the team went towards a more power-run/spread attack. With Sam Bradford at the quaterback position and rookie first-round pick Tavon Austin having extreme college success in the spread, fans were really excited about the possibilities of the offense.

Then reality came crashing down when the season began.

Somehow, everyone forgot Jeff Fisher and his staff knew nothing about running a spread offense as they all have always run a power scheme. Then, offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, proved early and often he was in over his head in the attempts to design route concepts from the spread that would allow the offense to flourish. Furthermore, the spread that Bradford ran in college, and the one Tavon was used to, wasn't even remotely close to being similar. And to top it all off, Schottenheimer didn't do much to lessen the learning curve, as the verbiage was rumored to be overly complex.

Here we are now, three years later, and Fisher is ready to try it one more time. But what reasons are there to believe they'll get it right this time?

The Rams also have a new QB in town. Some kid that goes by the name of Jared Goff. He's another guy that had success in the spread in college. You have to wonder how's the learning curve going to affect him, but Fisher has already confirmed the offense has been simplified. At least it seems they are trying to make the transition as easy as possible which is clearly the smart thing to do.

One thing that stood out to me with Fisher's comments is he wants to spread it out and push it down field. Considering Goff is from a spread offense and was by far the best down field passer in college football during the 2015 season, one has to wonder how much of Goff's college "Bear Raid" offense will be installed.

Goff doesn't have a wow, drop your jaw, kind of arm, but his down field accuracy is scary impressive. Could the Rams finally not only be looking to spread it out, but actually try to push the ball down field on a more consistent basis?

Fisher's comments has opened the door to a lot of questions, and as training camp draws near, Rams fans, media and all of LA will be watching closely to see, what other changes will be in store for this franchise come the 2016 season.

Here we go again! :L

Nothing has really changed, except the qb! Well, all I can say is we will find out real soon how successful this offense is.

I've been saying all along, this is not the qbs fault! I blame coaching! By not giving the kid legitimate receiving threats and putting him into position to fail from day 1 will only get the kid killed!! He will hold onto the ball too long and get blind sided from all directions! ....and Jeff Fisher will continue to have a job! :L

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again! :L

Nothing has really changed, except the qb! Well, all I can say is we will find out real soon how successful this offense is.

I've been saying all along, this is not the qbs fault! I blame coaching! By not giving the kid legitimate receiving threats and putting him into position to fail from day 1 will only get the kid killed!! He will hold onto the ball too long and get blind sided from all directions! ....and Jeff Fisher will continue to have a job! :L
Don't expect the Rams to stop running the ball and try to spread it around like they started out in the 2014 season. They are installing the spread, with the help of Mike Groh, to have better options and a better fit with their personnel, when teams are stacking the box and keying on TG, so continue to expect large doses of Gurley early and often this coming season.

This installation should give us more options, so I have no problem with this. The maturation of Tavon Austin in the Pros as a WR (Former spread guy) may provide better use of the West Virginia star, as well as Kneenum and Goff (Also former spread guys who excelled in spread offenses). And least we forget about these Offensive lineman who too mostly came from spread offenses.

It will be interesting to see what Groh can do with Quick but we should all be keeping an eye on Alshon Jeffery. If he and the Bears don't sign an extension by July 1st, then Jeffery will be a URFA next year and Mike Groh has been partially attributed to Jeffery's success. If Alshon isn't signed to a multiyear deal and has a subpar year in Chicago, then Jeffery's may decide to reunite with his former WR coach here in Los Angeles.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good on paper as usual. AS Zeke and others intimated, if it tanslates into wins than Fisher is a genius. History states that this is again another manufactured drama for Fisher to CHA and we will end up 7-9 or worse.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect the Rams to stop running the ball and try to spread it around like they started out in the 2014 season. They are installing the spread, with the help of Mike Groh, to have better options and a better fit with their personnel, when teams are stacking the box and keying on TG, so continue to expect large doses of Gurley early and often this coming season.

This installation should give us more options, so I have no problem with this. The maturation of Tavon Austin in the Pros as a WR (Former spread guy) may provide better use of the West Virginia star, as well as Kneenum and Goff (Also former spread guys who excelled in spread offenses). And least we forget about these Offensive lineman who too mostly came from spread offenses.

It will be interesting to see what Groh can do with Quick but we should all be keeping an eye on Alshon Jeffery. If he and the Bears don't sign an extension by July 1st, then Jeffery will be a URFA next year and Mike Groh has been partially attributed to Jeffery's success. If Alshon isn't signed to a multiyear deal and has a subpar year in Chicago, then Jeffery's may decide to reunite with his former WR coach here in Los Angeles.

This should also help Goff feel more comfortable (and maybe even Keenum, if he can remember back that far lol).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should also help Goff feel more comfortable (and maybe even Keenum, if he can remember back that far lol).
Thanks Shops, I appreciate your post. Outside of the Master Vent thread, I get tired of the constant disdain for Fisher that appears in almost every post, not that I don't understand it.

Sometimes it's good to just talk about Rams football and what other Rams fans think regarding the specifics of the story, not about what we already know regarding negative opinions about Fisher we see posted ad nauseam.

:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hearing about the hiring of Mike Groh made me vomit. I was relieved when he and his dad Al were canned from UVA. He had the most predictable offense I've ever seen.
I remember Mike Groh's name coming up a bit during our search for a replacement at OC and after a little research on my part, I was not a fan for him in that position.

It does look like he has done well in Chicago as the WR coach however.

Do you know if UVA ran the spread during Mike's tenure at UVA?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Shops, I appreciate your post. Outside of the Master Vent thread, I get tired of the constant disdain for Fisher that appears in almost every post, not that I don't understand it.

Sometimes it's good to just talk about Rams football and what other Rams fans think regarding the specifics of the story, not about what we already know regarding negative opinions about Fisher we see posted ad nauseam.

:suds:

I would just like him (Goff) to sit and hold a clipboard for a few games! Did Aaron Donald start right away? Did Greg Robinson start right away? You are wrong if you say yes! Hmmm I wonder why Fisher let them sit? So let me ask you this, what makes the rookie Qb any different? His job is much more complex than a d-lineman or an o-lineman. Fisher needs to break Goff in slowly and let him learn the speed of the game form the sidelines! Otherwise he WILL GET KILLED!.... BANK IT!!