• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenks... ~$30m fully guaranteed for Janoris Jenkins. It's $29m, to be exact. $40m first three years. $62.5m over 5 total. Wow yeah I would say he got paid!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember the salary cap keeps going up every year. so players are going to make more money. You can't really go on what they used to make. Especially for the most important position on defense. I would rather have Jenkins long-term at 12 million a year then Johnson for one year at 14 million.

5 years, $62M ($29 guaranteed), 2nd highest paid CB. Overpaid.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:
Yes, once the dust settles in Free Agency, the Rams will offer TJ a contract extension he wont refuse.

It will probably have to be Jenks like money for him to sign long term.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLoed is now an Eagle... wow!! what are the Rams doing?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better safety is still out there to be had, Eric Weddle

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Riddance on the Jenkins signing. Already pundits on several sports talk shows are laughing because many think the Giants over-paid for a guy that is not that good. McCleod was a surprise. I think the players figured out that Fisher really doesn't know what he is doing and after Laurinaitus and Long were cut, the rest went for the money. Unless Snisher knows something we don't, our defense is now approaching the level of our offense. We shall see.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi decent players getting God like money....How the heck are we gonna be able to resign Donald at this rate...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the Rams did do right for a change is they planned in depth for this very scenario of losing some of our secondary. Some pundits are even suggesting that with the loss of Jenkins, the secondary has the chance to be even better. Pencil in E.J. Gaines to take Jenkins' spot with back-up by LaMarcus Joyner, who has quietly been developing into a pretty good corner of his own. Marcus Roberson who is now a pretty decent fourth CB moves into significant playing time.

Don't sweat the loss of McCleod. Although Rodney really had become a hard-hitting safety, we now will quietly insert an even bigger hitting safety in the ex-janitor, Maurice Alexander. Gregg Williams knows what he is doing and our defense may indeed be even better than last year.

So now the focus will be to re-sign Barron, Sims, and Hayes. If that happens, our perceived defensive decrement will actually be a chance to be younger and even better than before as some are suggesting.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing the Rams did do right for a change is they planned in depth for this very scenario of losing some of our secondary. Some pundits are even suggesting that with the loss of Jenkins, the secondary has the chance to be even better. Pencil in E.J. Gaines to take Jenkins' spot with back-up by LaMarcus Joyner, who has quietly been developing into a pretty good corner of his own. Marcus Roberson who is now a pretty decent fourth CB moves into significant playing time.

Don't sweat the loss of McCleod. Although Rodney really had become a hard-hitting safety, we now will quietly insert an even bigger hitting safety in the ex-janitor, Marcus Alexander. Gregg Williams knows what he is doing and our defense may indeed be even better than last year.

So now the focus will be to re-sign Barron, Sims, and Hayes. If that happens, our perceived defensive decrement will actually be a chance to be younger and even better than before as some are suggesting.

I hope so, I could deal with losing Jenkins, but not happy about losing McLeod...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sign Weddle and I'll feel better.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither LTRF42. But I like the notion that the ex-janitor that everyone has forgotten about, Alexander is now being penciled in McCleod's spot. Alexander brings the lumber like Barron and T.J. McDonald so our secondary is still looking pretty stout.

And there is a suggestion that with the compensatory 3rd rounders we will receive for Jenkins and McCleod losses (an additional pick) that we will add yet another DE, CB, and Safety in this year's draft. I'd like to see them focus on adding LB depth as well. This could get very interesting to state the least.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need to rush out and sign a FA secondary guy. We have the depth to handle the Jenkins and McCleod losses. Snisher is doing this right for a change now focusing on re-signing Sims, Hayes, and Barron.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLoed is now an Eagle... wow!! what are the Rams doing?

Not breaking the bank for over priced free agents is what they are doing Coug. Simmer down it's going to be better than what you think.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't sweat the loss of McCleod. Although Rodney really had become a hard-hitting safety, we now will quietly insert an even bigger hitting safety in the ex-janitor, Marcus Alexander. Gregg Williams knows what he is doing and our defense may indeed be even better than last year.

Joyner might be able to play a bit of FS as well. Lord if Jalen Ramsey would drop to #15 that would be sweet.

McCleod was a nobody before he played with this D-line. Let the Eagles overpay for him. Glad we didn't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on SJ76. I am actually liking what Snisher did by not caving into the over-exaggerated opinion's of some good players who think their value is more than it is. The Rams did not give up a boatload of cash for players who are getting over-paid and are not of the value they got from other teams. Good job on Snisher this time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will receive compensatory picks for both Jenkins and McCleod and they could be as high as third rounders. Imagine now we will have three third round picks to go with two second rounders. We will add depth to CB, Safety and possibly LB. This draft could very well be shaping up to be good one for a change.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could very well see us taking Lynch at 15 and then finding a WR, C, LB, and depth at DE, CB, LB, and Safety the rest of the way if we pick good players that are available. This could indeed be a pretty good draft.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could very well see us taking Lynch at 15 and then finding a WR, C, LB, and depth at DE, CB, LB, and Safety the rest of the way if we pick good players that are available. This could indeed be a pretty good draft.

Please no to Lynch at #15 Retro! But everything else I am on board with.. ;)