• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best trade for us would be to somehow pick-up Myles Jack to re-unite with Ramsey. Secondarily, it would be to obtain Lillard. Maybe there is going to be a couple of trades. That could happen as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article I posted from Yahoo Sports states that the Eagles are looking for a third rounder for Lillard. We have a couple of Third rounders as a matter of course if we get the expected compensatories.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ76, you know better than to go down the name-calling route on any thread other than the Master Negativity Thread. Just be chillin there a bit and re-consider, unless of course you both are on the Negativity Thread than its balls-out fire away!!

I thought I was on the negativity thread!! Lol

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McSnead want to get nostalgic and bring back an ex-Ram player, Eric Banks was just released from the Lions. That was his third team this year alone. I doubt if it will happen. We have two kids that are studs and need playing time: Chris Garrett and Jonah Williams.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with this.

Hopefully they can get something good for him vs the other trades they made recently where they give away guys for peanuts and cracker jacks.

He can still be helpful for a contender. Don't see Jax wanting him since he is older, but you never know. Philly doesn't make much sense either. Hurts can't manage to get the ball to Reagor and Smith as it is.

Not sure what Vander Esch has left in him and he has been pretty injury prone the past several seasons. And does Dallas really need another WR?

Baltimore could use him, as could the Chiefs who still don't have a legit WR opposite Hill.

Called 2 of them.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article pretty much covers all the angles of first the Kenny Young trade and now the DeSean Jackson nonsense. It hints at the observation by many that McVay sometimes gets so obsessed at proving the McSnead picks in the draft were the absolute best that he does alot of over-thinking and ends-up looking stupid which is what is happening. As the article suggests, don't fix it if it is not broken and if anyone is to blame for not playing Jackson more often, especially at what he has done in some games this year, it would fall at the feet of genius boy who hasn't called Jackson's number quite that often. And this leads to the other item that wa reported on that McVay is goading Atwell for having more of a sense of urgency. WTH?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jackson may be going across the hall to play for the Staley Chargers. Green Bay has also been mentioned.

Last edited:

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
initially when i posted my link i had read somewhere about GB being a destination but idk if they have any LBs to part. I'd rather have Miles Jack

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article pretty much covers all the angles of first the Kenny Young trade and now the DeSean Jackson nonsense. It hints at the observation by many that McVay sometimes gets so obsessed at proving the McSnead picks in the draft were the absolute best that he does alot of over-thinking and ends-up looking stupid which is what is happening. As the article suggests, don't fix it if it is not broken and if anyone is to blame for not playing Jackson more often, especially at what he has done in some games this year, it would fall at the feet of genius boy who hasn't called Jackson's number quite that often. And this leads to the other item that wa reported on that McVay is goading Atwell for having more of a sense of urgency. WTH?

Yes

1) freeing up money for some major move is probably coming. 2) letting rookies play now behind Young and DJax. Obviously Young was starting but DJax was barely on the field. 3) This could be all happening for a stud ILB or CB or maybe even a Left Tackle of the future. My guess is one of them

I think this is smart and we don’t get much of a drop off in talent because of these moves. Who knows maybe it’s a step up.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point is maybe the Rams are happy with Ben Skowronek. He’s been a stud on ST and maybe another late round gem? I hate losing DJax but let’s see what the Rams do. Tutu obviously got to learn for a few months from JAx as well.

I hope it wasn’t a tantrum by DJax that prompted this. Seems weird he’s all the sudden on the block and not even dressing at Houston

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like McSnead will be dealing with McVay disciples such as Matt Lafleur in GB who is having a superb year as HC, Zac Taylor in Cincinnati whose team is doing really well, Staley across the hall, and of course Holmes in Detroit. Another rumor is Taylor needs O-line help and one of the guys floated to go to Cincy before the trade deadline is Bobby Evans for a high draft pick like a third or fourth rounder. We still have done transactions with Jacksonvile and that Myles Jack deal hasn't died yet. So we shall see what plays out in the next couple of days up to an including Tuesday, deadline day.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another point is maybe the Rams are happy with Ben Skowronek. He’s been a stud on ST and maybe another late round gem? I hate losing DJax but let’s see what the Rams do. Tutu obviously got to learn for a few months from JAx as well.

I hope it wasn’t a tantrum by DJax that prompted this. Seems weird he’s all the sudden on the block and not even dressing at Houston
Yea SJ76. McSnead are accommodating Jackson due in part to Skowronek's level pf performance at both WR and STs of which the latter Jackson doesn't like doing. Another guy they would love to move who has done little is Brycen Hopkins. In fact, McSnead are more impressed with Kendall Blanton at TE more than Hopkins. So we shall see who goes where and who is brought in.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course this was expected as Blanton has earned a promotion and the two DBs from the PS are insurance with all of the potential no-goes in the secondary at game time.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the crux of the matter with this shoot-from-the-hip duo of McSnead. If they fool around and treat this game like a preseason scrimmage the Rams will run the risk of getting beat from a team they should easily run over. But the piece below from an article on the Ramblin Fan website exposes this pattern of puzzling behavior that McSnead continue to do and nobody understands why.

One of the clear examples of this is when they cut Jared Hocker, a promising behemoth O-lineman from the PS to bring back J.R. Reed when they didn't have to cut Hocker. McSnead somehow miscalculated that Pircher is an European developmental player who doesn't count towards the PS roster allowable total player count and therefore they still had one spot open when they brought back Reed. What is even more ironic is Reed is then poached by the Giants and Hocker is nowhere to be found.

The same bizarre behavior was demonstrated by the same two culprits who suddenly trade a starting LB what seemed like out of nowhere to throw a rookie into the deep end of the pool hoping he won't drown. McVay simply could have pulled Young in favor of Jones or working Jones in more often to give themselves a safety net if the rookie fails.

This is sort of like playing Jackson more often to fulfill McVay's promise and satisfying Jackson's need to be the promised deep threat. Instead, they tell Jackson to find a trade partner. All of this is just too weird!

Here is how another sports pundit put it:

Win-now teams do not do this​

Trading away a starting inside linebacker, namely Kenny Young, to go cold turkey on starting rookie Ernest Jones, who the team appears to want to start seems a bit over the top. The organization could accomplish the very same results simply by sending Jones onto the football field. If Jones struggles? Then Young is there on the bench ready to take over in a tight spot.

And then, putting veteran wide receiver DeSean Jackson on the trade block because he has asked several times for more playing times is kinda over-dramatic as well. We lobbied for the very same thing in September 2021. Why not simply throw to the guy more often?

The moves so far walk like a trade, quack like a trade, and look like a trade. So it’s fair to believe that everything will make sense after the Rams have made all required personnel moves. But if the Rams do not end up there? Then trading linebacker and a wide receiver just for kicks seem very counter-productive to the efforts to win Super Bowl LVI.

The Rams have one vacancy on the roster, and may soon have two. Who the Rams choose to fill those positions will go a long way in calming concerns or elevating them. For now, the team has a game to win in Houston against the Texans in Week 8. Unfortunately, not one of the moves made this week has done anything to improve the team’s chances of victory.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then, if this is the case, and it appears it is, what the hell are you even thinking of giving a player like DeSean Jackson permission to seek a trade when you simply just need to play the guy more. If McVay doesn't have confidence in his vaunted 2nd round hotshot, midget WR, (and this article clearly states that he doesn't) then why are you now discussing trade options with a player who you brought here to serve as a high speed deep threat?? Flippin' weird indeed.