• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know on Smith, ALR. I just read that his contract still has four years left (including this year) at a total of $64+ million. I don't know if Jerry is going to pay for it or not. And I don't know if he is even worth a look-see at this point. Something pissed Jerry off enough to dump this guy. Looks like it might be a major injury to his knee. This has the look of a Todd Gurley mess.

On the Gilmore front: Ramsey has been lobbying Gilmore to come to the Rams and since he'll be a FA outright, the likelihood is very good Gilmore will be signed by the Rams because Ramsey and now Michel are friends. The question is can we afford him? WE have already re-structured contracts and we are getting pretty thin in cap space to have the means to afford Gilmore.

According to Adam Schefter, the likelihood is very good that Gilmore will be a Ram and that means David Long is gone because Long has been effing-up badly. Taylor Rapp has also not been playing very well and has a badly injured ankle. If push comes to shove, they can always put Long on the PS to make room for Gilmore. So some changes may be in store after the Seattle game for the D.

I hope he doesn’t go to the Bucs.

You know they are highly interest with their DB injuries and Brady being there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs just added Sherman and Arians likes what he sees right out of the box. We may not have the money to land Gilmore unless the Rams get Stafford to re-structure. If we do land Gilmore, this means the whispers of trading Rapp will re-surface. You remember that trade for Eagles OT Dillard and some late round draft pick? Here is a refresher. To tell you the truth, I am not sure if McSnead would do that trade in light of their collective aversion toward O-lineman (cutting Hocker is a classic example). Dillard does have NFL experience though.

We still have Terrell Burgess and Nick Scott in the safety spot. So if the Rams land Gilmore, changes may occur in the secondary. There are also rumblings the A-Rob may be moved as a cost cutting deal moving Bobby Brown into that slot. A-Rob's play is venturing into the mediocre range again that got him sent out of Detroit. It could also be a cost cutting move as well.

So things may get very interesting in the next 10 days following the SeeHags game especially if lose on Thursday due to poor D play.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical McSnead sitting on their thumbs. Apparently Belicheat wanted just a 6th rounder and Gilmore wanted to go home. He was traded to the Panthers for a 6th rounder and I am pretty sure McSnead did nothing because we couldn't afford the dude. But if all Belicheat wanted was a sixth rounder, for cryin'-out-loud, we have four of them! Ya get a four-time pro bowler for a sixth rounder and McSnead did nothing??!! This the kind of stupid shit I have been referring to when it comes to the Rams.

Got rid of the 10th overall rated guard off the PS WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO just to bring back JR Reed, then did nothing on a 4-time Pro Bowler, and aren't going to do anything on the LB Smith from Dallas when everyone else says they should at least make an attempt. If I were in Snead's office, I would have shouted to get Gilmore for a sixth, reclaim Hocker on the PS, trade Rapp for Dillard and a sixth rounder, and possibly move A-Rob as a cost-cutting measure. W-T-F!!

Sometimes I wonder if McSnead are just asleep. Man you don't go full snooze mode when you can get blue chippers for next to nothing while keeping second and third tier players that have proven they are such!!

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical McSnead sitting on their thumbs. Apparently Belicheat wanted just a 6th rounder and Gilmore wanted to go home. He was traded to the Panthers for a 6th rounder and I am pretty sure McSnead did nothing because we couldn't afford the dude. But if all Belicheat wanted was a sixth rounder, for cryin'-out-loud, we have four of them! Ya get a four-time pro bowler for a sixth rounder and McSnead did nothing??!! This the kind of stupid shit I have been referring to when it comes to the Rams.

Got rid of the 10th overall rated guard off the PS WHEN THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO just to bring back JR Reed, then did nothing on a 4-time Pro Bowler, and aren't going to do anything on the LB Smith from Dallas when everyone else says they should at least make an attempt. If I were in Snead's office, I would have shouted to get Gilmore for a sixth, reclaim Hocker on the PS, trade Rapp for Dillard and a sixth rounder, and possibly move A-Rob as a cost-cutting measure. W-T-F!!

Sometimes I wonder if McSnead are just asleep. Man you don't go full snooze mode when you can get blue chippers for next to nothing while keeping second and third tier players that have proven they are such!!

That 6th rounder isn't even next years draft. It's 2023 for crying out loud.

I think our issue was cap space, and maybe they just didn't have time to work things around before a trade could be done. Gilmore will likely hit FA after this season, but it won't matter, because the Rams won't be able to afford him then either.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested, here are the top 100 FAs still available as of this post.

Several ex-Rams on the list.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This list has some real turds on it especially on the bottom half. They the top ten a little skewed but it is fairly close to reality.

Former McVay proteges Zac Taylor is one of the turds and Matt LaFleur has done way better with GB. If Taylor gets fired by Cincinnati, I expect he'll be brought back to the Rams in some capacity.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article from Ramblin Fan is pretty close to reality. Taylor Rapp is not fitting this defense very well as he was drafted to play a different role and now he takes out his own teammate. The article explains pretty much was IS happening and needs to be addressed by bringing in Terrell Burgess who is better for this defense and he hits like a truck. Rapp isn't playing very well and is contributing to our porous pass D

That is why the Gilmore trade would have been a perfect addition and the Rapp-for-Dillard trade would also have been perfect on a number of levels. But since nothing was done, we will probably sit Rapp and start Burgess eventually using Nick Scott as back-up. It will be interesting to see how the Rams address the problems Rapp is causing in the secondary in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article from Ramblin Fan is pretty close to reality. Taylor Rapp is not fitting this defense very well as he was drafted to play a different role and now he takes out his own teammate. The article explains pretty much was IS happening and needs to be addressed by bringing in Terrell Burgess who is better for this defense and he hits like a truck. Rapp isn't playing very well and is contributing to our porous pass D

That is why the Gilmore trade would have been a perfect addition and the Rapp-for-Dillard trade would also have been perfect on a number of levels. But since nothing was done, we will probably sit Rapp and start Burgess eventually using Nick Scott as back-up. It will interesting to see how the Rams address the problems Rapp is causing in the secondary in the coming weeks.

Why is MCVay and Morris starting Rapp anyway? He has been a problem from the get go, and Burgess was playing great last season prior to his injury.

Why have they gone back to Rapp instead of playing Burgess in the first place?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why the Gilmore trade would have been a perfect addition and the Rapp-for-Dillard trade would also have been perfect on a number of levels. But since nothing was done, we will probably sit Rapp and start Burgess eventually using Nick Scott as back-up. It will interesting to see how the Rams address the problems Rapp is causing in the secondary in the coming weeks.

Wasn’t Rapp the one that blew a coverage during one of our games against San Francisco a couple of years ago and left the receiver wide open, with nobody within 10 or so yards of the guy?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, UVA. One-in-the-same. Dude is living on borrowed time and along with Long, both may be sent packing hopefully in a trade where we recoup other quality player(s) or draft assets. WE have plenty of filler players for back-up additions on the PS, so it would be in the Rams best interest to move these guys or in the case of Long, keep him for STs and back-up depth.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have made the first move in the secondary replacing David Long Jr with Rochelle who is the new starter. This is a very good move and Rochelle is going to be a good one. I suggested that the Rams get Burgess involved more when Rapp is traded say for another O-lineman like the Dillard deal with the Eagles. We shall see if this materializes.

Secondly, the Rams should move Earnest Jones into a starter role over say a Kenny Young or Reeder, but according to reports, McVay and Morris are satisfied with the performance so far of both Reeder and Young. So I doubt Jones will be seeing any significant action in the future. He'll probably be sent in from time-to-time or in special packages.

Thirdly. When everyone was focusing in on the double kick by Seattle, many overlooked the dude who actually blocked the kick and that was the new Number 44, Jamir Jones, the LB/EDGE the Rams got from when Jones was cut loose from Pissburgh. Damn good pick-up and we may see him on the D eventually in a more significant role.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if McVay wants to get Burgess going than maybe McVay will do the same thing he did with David Long replacing him with Rochelle and replacing Rapp with Burgess. The Secondary won't suffer any decrement in performance. It will probably get better with those two additions.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout that Staley defense today? 42 points allowed and over 500 total yards to the Browns

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured you'd show-up sooner or later with that Browns-Chargers score. lol.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, SJ76, the O-line has been playing pretty damn good since the beginning of the season and it appears to be a combination of factors including the complete turn-around of Brian Allen at Center and the coaching of Kevin Carberry. Because Allen has been accredited with a complete metamorphosis after having a knee injury and the BWEA infection, he has come all the way back from almost being cut to spearheading a consolidated effort of O-line play. I was the biggest critic of this guy and I have already admitted he is playing like the Center the Rams drafted him to be. And because of that, Matthew Stafford is remaining upright way longer than he ever did in 13 years with Detroit.

What isn't being discussed is the throwing motion of Stafford on the deep ball that has been troubling over the last two games. He is over and underthrowing receivers at a greater frequency than in the first three games. Many have speculated it has to do with hand injuries over the years especially with his fingers on his throwing hand. Whatever the cause, I am sure the Rams and McVay will correct it and he'll be back on track to what everyone witnessed in the first three games of this season.