• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this article by Cameron DaSilva, he pontificates on how McSnead had a plan to create this year a very explosive offense by drafting duplicate multiple weapons to pressure the opposing Defense. Nowhere in the article did DaSilva mention the need for a foundation of elite, bedrock O-lineman that would protect the QB so that all of these envisioned weapons can receive a pass from a QB that is still upright 5 seconds into the snap of the ball or run an explosive offense that is nearly indefensible.

Apparently, McVay has admitted that last year's offense was largely ding and dunk to accommodate Goff's inability to read defenses on the fly. But what struck me about this article is the claim that McSnead in the draft never want to reach for a player just to fill a position need. WTH? That is exactly what they did with Atwell and it wasn't even a need.

Since McVay grew-up in Washington along with Kyle Shanihan and earlier under Jon Gruden in Tampa, by coaching QBs, Receivers (WRs and TEs), and RBs mainly in the offense's camp and dueling with the team secondaries that compete against his offensive skill players, McVay appears to have a passing understanding of what an elite offensive line can do for an offense each and every year.

I think he often takes them for granted and that approach helps to understand why McSnead do what they do nearly every year by-passing good-to-great players on the O-line and LBs in favor of more offensive toy weapons as some have referred to McSnead's drafts. Snead has similar notions about O-lineman and apparently both disdain LBs, especially inside ones.

Except for a couple of years ago when they drafted a three or four O-lineman, the overwhelming majority of lineman have come from other teams through trade. I don't know if McSnead doesn't trust their O-line coaches or what but there is a whole lot of reaching going on in favor of players that fuel the weapons approach on offense that these two seem to want to project. Supposedly they have the D in mind but their disdain for LBs suggests more of the same double-talk bullshit.

PS. Is Jeff Fisher the puppet master these days?

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chris Garrett the Rams took with pick 252 has been evaluated as having better overall skills than Jones we took in Round three. Garrett is a Troy Reeder sized dude with similar skills. Jones is a smaller LB in the mold of say Kenny Young.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what it is about the Center position and the O-line and LBs in general that has McSnead so hating on them but since Sullivan was sent packing, we have had an essential sieve up the middle. I don't know if we will ever have a Pro Bowl Center, O-line, or LBs again under McSnead. Sad indeed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we had a couple of little boys wrapped-up in grown men's bodies. Another ex-Ram that was/is a lot of mouth. Marcus Peters, Talib, and Gurley apparently didn't like being traded. Who does but everyone knows that the probability of playing your entire career with one team is remote in the NFL. I wonder if Talib would have told his side of the story about Denver the way he did in this article with the Rams when Denver traded him to the Rams? Short memory.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Continuing with the McSnead narrative of multiple duplicate weapons, here is one they can add to the defense since we have a couple 6-1, 300+lbs DTs on the roster.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still good LBs out there we can sign. Not sure about IOL

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thug boy still being the whiney little thug bitch he has always been. Claims he is better than Ramsey and could out-play him. Yea, whatever douchebag. I suggest Peters should go visit his buddy Todd Gurley and the two can cry a river over a couple of beers.

Gurley is still looking for work, funny how last season we were suppose to get worst because we released Gurley.

And Ramsey is a much better player who fit the team better, he should be happy the Rams traded him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are still good LBs out there we can sign. Not sure about IOL
Well, SJ76. I am glad you brought this to attention in your response as Urban Meyer released four members of Jags' Defense and all four are pretty good. Here is yet another opportunity for McSnead to redeem themselves and continue with their multiple duplicate strategy this time on Defense.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3