• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they need 2 punters?

Hekker is one of the best in the game.
Make it make sense for me, I did read somewhere that Hekker had 5+ kicks that were touchbacks last year. From 2015-2019 he had a total of 7. If they cut him then that saves about 2 mil. His salary is somewhere at 3.75 but with a dead cap of 1.5. Something along those lines.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another douche move by McSNead. Why do they need 2 punters? Does this new punter have the QB skills of Hekker? I think not. I think McSnead did this to get Hekker motivated and the talk is they are thinking of keeping the new punter on the PS as a continual motivator for Hekker. This also might have been a move by the new STs coach. If they don't keep Hekker, they are kissing good-bye to the fake punts that the Rams are known for since McVay took over. That simply would be stupid.
Hekker is one of the best in the game. Does this new punter have the QB skills of Hekker? If McSnead are thinking of replacing Hekker than the new STs coach needs to be examined. Perhaps this was the motivation for signing another punter. Talk is that they are going to keep Hekker but keep the new punter on the PS for back-up and an irritant/motivation for Hekker to get after it. Dude needs to wake-up and the new STs coach needs to have more fake punts to employ Hekker's QB skills.

Last edited:

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams rank 30th in draft capital but these fake numbers are overrated (msn.com)

This — success — has “cost” them draft capital, but it also ignores the fact that LA has less fake points in 2021 because they have Jalen Ramsey. They’ll have less fake points in 2022 and 2023 because they traded for Matthew Stafford. The draft doesn’t work in a vacuum where the only value extracted is on the three days of the event.

The following four charts will show that the Rams have had the least amount of draft capital since McVay was hired in 2017, but unless you are reading it correctly, it won’t show that the Rams have won 43 games in the last four years, a mark that only the Saints (49), Chiefs (48) and Ravens (44) have topped in that time.

So forgive the fact that LA is “last” in these categories and instead lets focus on which teams have actually turned capital picks into capital Ws.

So the Rams may not have a lot of draft capital as compared to some other teams, but they have Ramsey, Stafford, three day two picks, six in total (probably more on the way), and four more compensatory picks coming to them in 2022. They could still come away with plenty of draft value.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if we could get a 4th or 5th rounder for J Hekker? Maybe the Cowboys?

think the Rams may try to trade him come draft day next week

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that too LTR and what is more is that McVay intimated Goff never really tried to learn either. Too busy going out apparently. So the rumors about Goff's laziness and nightlife are starting to be true and we gave-up all that capital for that douche. We shall see how Goff's career goes in Detroit. Like so many other discarded recent Rams, I suspect it is going to be a lackluster bust of epic proportions.
What bugs me Retro, is there had to be a good understanding of these challenges prior to the early extension, so what gives?

Why does McSnead still fill the need to justify the trade, and why can't they reflect on how these tell-tale signs didn't weigh in signing this dude to an early and huge payday?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This another douche move by McSNead. Why do they need 2 punters? Does this new punter have the QB skills of Hekker? I think not. I think McSnead did this to get Hekker motivated and the talk is they are thinking of keeping the new punter on the PS as a continual motivator for Hekker. This also might have been a move by the new STs coach. If they don't keep Hekker, they are kissing good-bye to the fake punts that the Rams are known for since McVay took over. That simply would be stupid.

They haven't used those skills since 2019. That special teams coach is in Dallas. No fakes attempted last year,

Punting-wise, Hekker has been lackluster the past two years. Tough to equate that salary with his production, especially last year. This could be just to light a fire under Hekker, or to ultimately save some cap.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is all you need or really want to know about the new punter.

Very familiar, as I watch all the Bills games. Talented lefty punter that has struggled a bit with consistency early in his career. Was better last year, but that may have been a result of the Bills improved play overall. His stats could also be impacted by playing in tougher weather conditions in Buffalo, but I don't recall too much bad weather during Bills games last season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a viable list of players that could become Rams come next week-end.

Letherwood at OT and Humphreys at Center with Pete Warner at LB. Studs!!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a viable list of players that could become Rams come next week-end.

Letherwood at OT and Humphreys at Center with Pete Warner at LB. Studs!!

I think at most they have a chance at 2 of those guys, and probably only 1.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last year's post-season game between Oklahoma and the Florida Gators. I specifically watched Humphries at Center for about a quarter. He was solid but not excessively impressive. I think Meinerz is a better player but his stock has risen to the point that Meinerz may be out of our reach. The better pick if we do stick around for 57 and we take a Center would be Dickerson but he may have risen to the point of not being there at 57 either. I suspect we will take another secondary player if McSnead does not trade down which may very well happen.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched last year's post-season game between Oklahoma and the Florida Gators. I specifically watched Humphries at Center for about a quarter. He was solid but not excessively impressive. I think Meinerz is a better player but his stock has risen to the point that Meinerz may be out of our reach. The better pick if we do stick around for 57 and we take a Center would be Dickerson but he may have risen to the point of not being there at 57 either. I suspect we will take another secondary player if McSnead does not trade down which may very well happen.

Did the LT on Florida stick out? Stone Forsythe

He could be there late in the 3rd or 4th round