• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand McVay's major habitual tendency to go AWAY from something that is working and this article brings-out yet another example. Genius boy just has some weird behaviors and this is one of them.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand McVay's major habitual tendency to go AWAY from something that is working and this article brings-out yet another example. Genius boy just has some weird behaviors and this is one of them.
I can understand going away from something that's not working and maybe try to go back to it later. But agree, if something is working, why bother changing things up? Keep going with it until the other teams figures out how to stop it.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure unless scavenging begins from other loser clubs and he gets a great offer. that would be a huge loss in my opinion.
yeah, it would suck.... some coordinators need to stay coordinators ie Patricia, and some are better off as HC's. I'd love to see what this guy do with some true talent at the LB position.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean Jermaine, but fortunately I think Staley has found some pretty good LBs in Reeder and Hollins with Reeder being an inside backer and Hollins being an Edge. They also signed Derek Rivers who is the size of Lewis as an Edge. Yea, we should go after some blue chip talent in the coming draft but Reeder, Hollins, Kiser, Oko, Lewis, and Leonard are not too shabby at this juncture.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you mean Jermaine, but fortunately I think Staley has found some pretty good LBs in Reeder and Hollins with Reeder being an inside backer and Hollins being an Edge. They also signed Derek Rivers who is the size of Lewis as an Edge. Yea, we should go after some blue chip talent in the coming draft but Reeder, Hollins, Kiser, Oko, Lewis, and Leonard are not too shabby at this juncture.
Surprisingly they aren't that bad.. Oko i think can be pretty decent, as Kiser -- Reeder surprisingly stepped up his play. Last year the guy was garbage, especially in coverage; i still don't see him as a long term solution at ILB but he's filled in quite nicely as of late.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reeder may continue on the Littleton/AD path where he continues to improve and then he will be an asset at ILB.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OKO, Lewis, and Kiser can stay healthy, we have some real talent on the defensive front 8.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is what is I guess..

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loser: Los Angeles Rams

One year ago, the Rams were coming off a trip to the Super Bowl. Every team wanted to hire a coach who vaguely resembled Sean McVay. Their young core seemed set to compete for another title. After a frustrating 2019 campaign left the Rams struggling for answers on offense and out of the playoffs for the first time since McVay arrived in town, it was clear that Los Angeles needed to make changes during the offseason.

I'm not sure those changes really helped, as this offseason felt like a repudiation of the Rams' philosophy. They lost legendary defensive coordinator Wade Phillips and longtime special-teams coordinator John Fassel. Just two years after handing out huge contracts to Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley, they punted on both of those deals, cutting their former MVP candidate at running back while trading the wide receiver to the Texans. They were even publicly called out for not paying Gurley and Clay Matthews bonus money, which should hurt the organization when it tries to sign free agents in the future.

Sean McVay says the Rams are fully focused on the Cowboys in Week 1 after the NFL schedule release.
Furthermore, the Rams didn't really resolve any of their problems this offseason. After trading two first-round picks to acquire Jalen Ramsey, they still haven't signed their star cornerback to an extension. They swapped out Dante Fowler Jr. for edge rusher Leonard Floyd and used their top two picks to replace Cooks and Gurley, but they didn't do anything to replace star inside linebacker Cory Littleton.

Crucially, L.A. almost entirely ignored an offensive line that crumbled in 2019, re-signing aging left tackle Andrew Whitworth while choosing to hope for a healthier 2020. With Jared Goff posting the league's worst passer rating under pressure in 2019, McVay will need to conjure up a solution to get his prize pupil back on track this season.

Biggest Winners and Losers of 2020 NFL Offseason | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

1. The Los Angeles Rams didn't do a ton to inspire confidence they can rebound from last year's 9-7 effort and playoff whiff.
    Part of that is due to their losses, headlined by linebacker Cory Littleton and Dante Fowler Jr. The former was the team's leading tackle last year (134 combined tackles) and good in coverage (nine pass breakups), while the latter put up 11.5 sacks.
    The losses hardly stop there. Defensive coordinator Wade Phillips is gone, and offensive weapons Brandin Cooks and Todd Gurley are gone. While the Rams tried to mitigate some of these issues using 2020 second-round picks on running back Cam Akers and wideout Van Jefferson, their shaky offensive line went mostly unaddressed.
    That's problematic for fifth-year quarterback Jared Goff, who signed a four-year extension worth $134 million last September with team that has just $6.2 million in cap space for 2020. He completed 62.9 percent of his passes last year but struggled while under pressure and mustered just 22 touchdowns against 16 interceptions.
    When the gains don't outweigh the losses for a team seemingly trending in the wrong direction, the offseason sticks out as a loss.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What this news dolt isn't telling you is that McVay made these changes with help from Snead because players had become complacent and were beginning to tune-out McVay beginning with Gurley and Cooks who were both whining they weren't getting enough touches during games followed by Matthews and Fowler. That cancer was surgically removed and it was the right thing to do especially in light of the replacements performances this year.

In 2019, the same basic O-line came alive in 2020 because of some serious changes. The first was two remove Allen from the Center spot. Allen became a complete bust liability and he was sieve in his blocking both in the run and passing games. The next was to move Blythe from Guard back to his natural position of Center. That was the foundational move that provided a basis for great play and precipitated several subsequent moves.

Next the cheap trade for RG Corbett from Cleveland, the re-emergence of Whitworth with a new contract at LT, the move of Edwards to LG and the return of a rested and healthy Havenstein at RT under the same O-line coach, solidified and increased the performance of the same O-line personnel from 2019 to 2020.

This flippin sports writer just did enough research to put that article out there but that is the "journalistic" world we live in this days.

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Polite has tested positive for Covid.... Always something with this guy...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, if he is not careful, he'll be out of football altogether when McVay and company do that spring house cleaning in March in prep for the draft. Another guy that is gone is going to be Allen who was the first NFL player to be tested positive for the virus.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its official. McVay has moved-over to the Jumbo offense. He calls it the 12-Personnel Offense. Not to be confused with the 11 Personnel offense that he ran almost exclusively in years past.

Man I knew genius boy would finally come around since he has witnessed first-hand what that offense can do to the 46 D and also its versatility. BTW, McVay did not run the Jumbo against the 46 in the Dolphins game and you saw the outcome. I think McVay is finally sold and we could now be the next '85 Bears.