• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe the way Baltimore was demolished today. Of course, it all starts with a running game we didn't have this season. Bottom line, Can't run the ball, can't win. We need to get back to a balanced attack on offense.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to love the fact that both Rams coordinators were sought after by Josh McDaniels, coaches talk, they know who is legit.
That's interesting, I was wondering who these guys were and why McVay was hot after them. He had worked with them before so I was concerned he was just going with friends he had worked with before but to hear McDaniels wanted them sets me at ease a little.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe the way Baltimore was demolished today. Of course, it all starts with a running game we didn't have this season. Bottom line, Can't run the ball, can't win. We need to get back to a balanced attack on offense.
I thought the Ravens were going all the way but this Titans team must be for real the way they are taking down division leaders.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans with Mike Vrabel at the helm are doing it the Joe Gibbs old school way. Run the ball out of the Jumbo offense with the I and throw when the opportunity presents itself. Have a tough D and you win games and championships.

Yeah, I never understood why they never used that formula when Mariota was QB.

Seems they relied on him to make plays more so than running the offense they currently run.

It’s making Tannehill look better than he actually is. He just became the 2nd QB ever to win back to back playoff games without throwing 100 yards in either game ( Bradshaw did it in ‘74 ).

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fairly hypocritical of genuis boy to demand consistency from everyone else and then demonstrate the very opposite all of last year in his offense and his team. If genuis boy is really concerned about consistency, he should start with his offense. He doesn't have to change his explosive offense. Just add the Jumbo as the base offense and use his passing game as an option.

Start with getting a big-ass FB in this year's draft and run the I with Gurley as the tailback. Then pass out of it. When teams shut down the pass, then you can go to the run out of the I and the Jumbo and run the defenses down to then open the passing game again. This isn't aeronautical engineering here. This is being smart which McVay was touted as being. Imagine our offense adding the Jumbo as the base O!

In light of Vrabel's success and the league's tendency to be a copy-cat league, I watched a video on youtube on how teams are considering returning to having a true FB again as that position has been killed by a pass-happy league. Sid Gilmore and people like Mike Martz and Don Coryell are/were smiling but many clubs like what the new genius boy, Mike Vrabel is doing to the league with that power back and the re-incarnation of the I and the Jumbo.

This week-end's game will prove what that type of run-oriented offense and a good D can do versus a pass-happy offense and a not-so good D of Andy Reid and the Chiefs as they face-off with the Titans. Should be interesting to see who wins out. I have a pretty good guess who is going to the snooperbowl from the AFC side of things!

Last edited:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that is basically what the Ravens do when they run designed QB run plays is use their RB as a FB.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well right now, Rambunctious, the Titans are running the Jumbo with the I to perfection with that big back Derrick Henry, who btw, is a free agent after the season. Reminds me of another Baltimore Raven team that had a stooly QB (Trent Dilfer) like Tannehill, a major running game, and a great D and they beat the Geeants in the snooperbowl. The last real devastating FBs in the modern era are Tom Rathman with the Bill Walsh Niners and Mike Alstot in Tampa Bay. The FB position has been in major decline ever since.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A monster blocking FB would be awesome for opening holes for Gurley. Great point Retro. Id like to see them run the I too. I have no problem with a running game and a nasty defense. Its what wins championships.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe genius boy should consider either drafting a big FB or putting a TE or O-lineman back in that position to lead Gurley and Henderson on the run plays with the Jumbo out of the I.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 FAs that may come with the new DC: two from Denver and two from Chicago. The article is on the Ramswire.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is fairly hypocritical of genuis boy to demand consistency from everyone else and then demonstrate the very opposite all of last year in his offense and his team. If genuis boy is really concerned about consistency, he should start with his offense. He doesn't have to change his explosive offense. Just add the the Jumbo as the base offense and use his passing game as an option.

Start with getting a big-ass FB in this year's draft and run the I with Gurley as the tailback. Then pass out of it. When teams shut down the pass, then you can go to the run out of the I and the Jumbo and run the defenses down to then open the passing game again. This isn't aeronautical engineering here. This is being smart which McVay was touted as being. Imagine our offense adding the Jumbo as the base O!

In light of Vrabel's success and the league's tendency to be a copy-cat league, I watched a video on youtube on how teams are considering returning to having a true FB again as that position has been killed by a pass-happy league. Sid Gilmore and people like Mike Martz and Don Coryell are/were smiling but many clubs like what the new genius boy, Mike Vrabel is doing to the league with that power back and the re-incarnation of the I and the Jumbo.

This week-end's game will prove what that type of run-oriented offense and a good D can do versus a pass-happy offense and a not-so good D of Andy Reid and the Chiefs as they face-off with the Titans. Should be interesting to see who wins out. I have a pretty good guess who is going to the snooperbowl from the AFC side of things!

As usual, Retro, on the money with this article. Like you said, it isn't rocket science to pound the fucking rock! If Gurley is healthy then run the damn ball, use Higbee as the FB and with that you have a tricky and sneaky option in the passing game since he is a pretty good pass catcher as well. We should go back to using the I and the jumbo, TENN has proved that it works!!! Rams have the weapons to make this work, just fix the OL with a LT and a future starting G and we are okay. We don't have to reinvent the wheel here, just use what works.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, who do you like in the SB?
Hoping for Kansas City but think San Francisco just because Andy Reid seems to always find a way to choke at some point in the playoffs.

What I wonder is, is would San Francisco still represent the NFC if Seattle didn't botch that last drive during week 17?