• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams back to LA

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Davis is likely using this move as leverage, he's also in the position to make the move, and has some very high powered backing to do so (led by Red McCombs). Also, city authorities are already upgrading the Alamo Dome for the Final Four, and claim it could be NFL ready by the start of the 2016 season.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't miss the days of The Kingdome and Dave Krieg and the original Curt Warner ??
There were a few good games there, but I'd rather keep the original AFL West teams intact. Much more history between the teams and the rivalries are stronger.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birmingham is the best market bar none . I find it crazy they are not in that beautiful City ...All that gravy sitting there .. They sold 86 thousand seat out every game ...I don't get the love for an area that all they want to do is go to the beach ..

Did they play at Legion Field, where UAB plays its games? Can't imagine NFL games at that stadium. I'm also surprised if it seats 86,000 people, and I'm pretty sure it is the largest stadium in Birmingham.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the Raiders are in a tough place. They have an owner that is the poorest in the NFL so he doesn't have the money to really leverage a ton. He needs some major backers which it does sound like San Antonio is willing to give him. At the same time the owners made it very clear that they will do anything to make life hard on Mark Davis. The whole his father suing the other owners thing still stings from the reports that I have read and even though the Stadium committee actually thought the Carson project was the better of the two the owners still went against it in most part because of Davis. Jerry Jones was a huge part of making sure to block that from happening so yeah hard to see the owners then going against Jerry Jones when the Raiders ask for permission to move to SA.

If the Raiders move away from California in my opinion they need to go somewhere that doesn't already have a fan base loyally devoted to another team. Honestly what I am surprised by is the fact that there is not a team in Las Vegas. Huge money would be available and they could bring in fans from all over the country. Decent TV market and my guess is it wouldn't be too hard to sell FA's on signing with the team with all the bells and whistles of the city.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they play at Legion Field, where UAB plays its games? Can't imagine NFL games at that stadium. I'm also surprised if it seats 86,000 people, and I'm pretty sure it is the largest stadium in Birmingham.

I would imagine that they would build a new stadium .. Not sure about what Stadiem they used just the crowds were huge .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pointing out the NFL is missing some fine fans and were the better venues are and that is not LA they do not deserve a Team