• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: Rams at 49ers

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should impliment a rule that passes behind the L.O.S. be considered running plays and players add the yards to rushing totals. I say this half jokingly for those out there who don't understand sarcasm.
lol. But his qb rating, yards etc are super high. 62% of yards on the season are YAC

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and now with this ankle sprain, it's a built in excuse for Shanny and JimmyG. Can't push off, don't want to risk injury, etc, etc.
Yep all they did last night. Did u see colinsworth break down three throws to show his back foot?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's clear Shanahan is dialing up short passing for Jimmy G and putting training wheels on him so I won't defend Jimmy G in that regard but too be fair I don't think Jimmy G was the only reason the short passing game was called.

The offensive line especially the interior for the 9ers hasn't been good all year so it made sense to scheme up a quick hitting passing game because going into the week I would have had exactly 0 faith they could've blocked Donald and the fact the offensive line blocked so well in the game was more a pleasant surprise than something that was expected.

As far as YAC goes that's something more by design than it is necessarily protecting the QB. Don't get me wrong Shanahan was protecting Jimmy G but YAC would be a huge part of the offense regardless of who's at QB since the passing attack is designed around it.

Aiyuk lead the nation in YAC in college, Deebo is basically a RB playing WR, and Kittle is a monster to take down so Shanahan clearly is building the offense around taking a 5 yard catch and breaking it open.

I do believe Shanahan would love to have a QB that he can trust to hit downfield more because his ultimate goal is to hit you with the running game and short passes than hit you with a knockout blow by hitting a deep one which in turns opens the running game and short passing attack because the defense is afraid to let one over it's head.