• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rak was held

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you miss that call? The refs were awful last night. Did not like the onside kick after the FG. Cousins missed a Td to Helu he overthrew him. It would of been 17-14 and the whole game would of changed. I dont know why we bothered to run. Cousins had a rhythm going in the 3rd Qtr and we still ran on first down. Why is Riley in on passing downs? Another frustrating loss.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens to him all the time, been that way for his entire career. I have no idea why it's rarely called.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAN FUCK RAK AND HIS HALF OF SACK, THIS WAS A BIG WASTE OF 11MILLION DOLLARS, AND ITS NOT WONDER THIS TEAM SUCKS, DID YOU SEE THE POST INTERVIEW HE DID? HE WORDS EXACT " AT LEAST WE KEPT UP WITH THEM" THIS TEAM IS FUCKING TRASH BECAUSE THEY ARE HAPPY WITH MORAL VICTORIES LAUGHING IT UP IN THE LOCKER ROOM LIKE THEY WON

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. This was primarily a matter of the Seahawks dominating. Unlike the Giants game the Redskins didn't beat themselves.

You can play that "woulda shoulda" nonsense if you like. However - Seattle could make a much better case in that regard. Harvin had 3 TDs called back & the Seahawks O-line continually made stupid blunders. Just face facts - Wilson & some others had an amazing game, and cmon - they lost to the SB champs.

The special teams also continue to hold this team back on a regular basis. How do you expect a defense to stop a quality team when they continually start drives from midfield or better? Likewise - how do you expect an offense to do well when they are regularly starting from inside the 20? Something has give in this area - if not within the next few weeks then soon.

No moral victory, but let's be real.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was stopping them in the 2nd half. The biggest play of the game and the Ref did not throw the flag for holding on Rak. The olineman basically horse collared him. Even Gruden pointed it out on the TV. It was the biggest play of the game. They call that its 3rd and 15 and we get the ball back. These refs are terrible.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a Blatant hold Of Orakpo on that long scramble at the end of the game...and as stated, was pointed out by gruden...........One of Many holds on him in this game!!! Rewatch...Several uncalled....Plus...Okung, moves his outside foot early alot, and not called!!!! It should have been called....

I am not sitting here saying penalties cost us the game, but really??? Are these guys actually paid to miss calls as well????

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, are you really complaining about the officiating? Really? C'mon now.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest. This was primarily a matter of the Seahawks dominating. Unlike the Giants game the Redskins didn't beat themselves.

You can play that "woulda shoulda" nonsense if you like. However - Seattle could make a much better case in that regard. Harvin had 3 TDs called back & the Seahawks O-line continually made stupid blunders. Just face facts - Wilson & some others had an amazing game, and cmon - they lost to the SB champs.

The special teams also continue to hold this team back on a regular basis. How do you expect a defense to stop a quality team when they continually start drives from midfield or better? Likewise - how do you expect an offense to do well when they are regularly starting from inside the 20? Something has give in this area - if not within the next few weeks then soon.

No moral victory, but let's be real.

Agree with every word. Doesn't change the fact that Rak gets held all the time and it's rarely called.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas, are you really complaining about the officiating? Really? C'mon now.

Well...when they are big plays at the end of the game, that could have forced a punt and kept us down by 7......when it is so clear of a hold....The Ref has to throw that fucking flag........

and as far as the refs...the missed alot on Okung...but hey...if they refs let you do it....do it!!!!

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...when they are big plays at the end of the game, that could have forced a punt and kept us down by 7......when it is so clear of a hold....The Ref has to throw that fucking flag........

and as far as the refs...the missed alot on Okung...but hey...if they refs let you do it....do it!!!!

The thing is, on the play you are talking about, Harvin was also clearly being held downfield. If it was by the books officiating the down should have been replayed. That said, after two of Harvin's three TDs get called back on horrible calls, I would count the officiating as a net win for the Skins last night.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with BHF, good to see you by the way. I am not trying to blame the refs, you're right we got the benefit of the calls. I'm talking more on the Lifetime Achievement Award level and Rak gets held like that virtually every week and it's never called.

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was stopping them in the 2nd half. The biggest play of the game and the Ref did not throw the flag for holding on Rak. The olineman basically horse collared him. Even Gruden pointed it out on the TV. It was the biggest play of the game. They call that its 3rd and 15 and we get the ball back. These refs are terrible.

And Gruden also pointed out that on that same play Harvin was being held so it should have been offsetting penalties not 3rd and 15

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not Good teams get the benefit of the doubt on close calls, even when they don't they figure out ways to overcome the penalties. Currently, Washington fields a very poor team that does not get the benefit of the doubt, nor, have the capability to overcome their own mistakes. If you want to assign blame, don't look at the refs....take a good look at the team that represents your city, then find a mirror and ask the first person that you see reflected in it......why are you making excuses for a shameful product?

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More often than not Good teams get the benefit of the doubt on close calls, even when they don't they figure out ways to overcome the penalties. Currently, Washington fields a very poor team that does not get the benefit of the doubt, nor, have the capability to overcome their own mistakes. If you want to assign blame, don't look at the refs....take a good look at the team that represents your city, then find a mirror and ask the first person that you see reflected in it......why are you making excuses for a shameful product?

let me be perfectly clear....I am NOT blaming the loss last night on the officials!!! The Seahawks are the better team, and deserved the win........

However, when there are blatant calls that my 9yr old son can easily see, and it isn't called......that is a problem... Yes, harvin was being held.......so...we have offsetting penalties, and 3rd down again....What happens on the replay of that down??? Sack?? Sack Fumble?/ Int?? TD Seattle Who knows.....but I know that it was a terrible no call both ways around......... I would have liked to see what would have happened on that replay

I agree that the skins cant get out of their way and make those plays at the end of the game to win...but when the refs are Hurting the cause....Makes it tougher

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me be perfectly clear....I am NOT blaming the loss last night on the officials!!! The Seahawks are the better team, and deserved the win........

However, when there are blatant calls that my 9yr old son can easily see, and it isn't called......that is a problem... Yes, harvin was being held.......so...we have offsetting penalties, and 3rd down again....What happens on the replay of that down??? Sack?? Sack Fumble?/ Int?? TD Seattle Who knows.....but I know that it was a terrible no call both ways around......... I would have liked to see what would have happened on that replay

I agree that the skins cant get out of their way and make those plays at the end of the game to win...but when the refs are Hurting the cause....Makes it tougher

Probably true & just indicative of the horrible state of officiating in the NFL right now (against all teams - not just the Redskins). I think that the NFL owners bear a major part of the responsibility for the bad officiating. They change the rules about every 5 minutes making it very difficult for any ref. It was also pointed out last week that these guys grade certain calls one way the day after the game then completely change their mind & call out officials a few days later. You could replace all of the refs but they would only be replaced by an equally incompetent set of refs (remember a few years ago).

Just like about everything else at this time - the NFL owners & their reps are screwing up & trying to pass the blame onto someone else.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true & just indicative of the horrible state of officiating in the NFL right now (against all teams - not just the Redskins). I think that the NFL owners bear a major part of the responsibility for the bad officiating. They change the rules about every 5 minutes making it very difficult for any ref. It was also pointed out last week that these guys grade certain calls one way the day after the game then completely change their mind & call out officials a few days later. You could replace all of the refs but they would only be replaced by an equally incompetent set of refs (remember a few years ago).

Just like about everything else at this time - the NFL owners & their reps are screwing up & trying to pass the blame onto someone else.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, The NFL is fast becoming unwatchable! The popularity has very little to do with on field play, but rather in large part due to Fantasy and Gambling. Doesn't hurt that it is also largely a winter sport.

I understand your frustration with inconsistencies, however to focus on this play or that play....well....let me sum it up in this manner. There was a man looking for the forest, but returned home saddened and disappointed. When asked why he could not find it, he shook his head and cried out "all of those trees got in the damned way!"

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the biggest play of the game. How do you miss that call. That is the whole point of this thread.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to all the other calls they blew?

If you want to crucify the refs for that call, that's fine. But you also have to call them out for the calls they blew in your favor as well (such as missing the Harvin hold on that very pkay).

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Jeff Triplett's crew right? I never pay attention to officials but this crew has been so bad for so long that even I am aware of them. On the one Harvin TD that was called back because the guy blocked a defender to keep him down I'm still trying to figure out how that call was made.

We got the benefit more times than not so if this thread is complaining about the officials it's just a fan crying over spilled milk. As I said I chimed in because this has been an issue with Rak for years and I have no idea why

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was Jeff Triplett's crew right? I never pay attention to officials but this crew has been so bad for so long that even I am aware of them. On the one Harvin TD that was called back because the guy blocked a defender to keep him down I'm still trying to figure out how that call was made.

We got the benefit more times than not so if this thread is complaining about the officials it's just a fan crying over spilled milk. As I said I chimed in because this has been an issue with Rak for years and I have no idea why

Very true. I will never understand why these guys call numerous ticky-tack calls yet appear to be blind when you see certain guys (like Orakpo) get blatantly tackled by O-lineman. Makes no sense.