• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders to build smallest stadium

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

um....CNN has lost all credibility for posting a bleacher report article on their front page.

Oakland Raiders Reportedly Interested in $800 Million, 50,000-Seat Stadium | Bleacher Report

If the A's can't move to SJ, the Warriors should share with the Sharks until the SF arena can be built. Tear down Oracle & build MLB only park. When that is done, move Raiders to SC & share with Whiners until O.co can be torn down & new stadium built. Lot's of moving parts, but in the end, Raiders & A's would be in Oakland. :10:

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the outside looking in, the Raiders are deserving of a modern stadium to play in, and it sounds like they are willing to make a considerable effort to get it done, asking the county to pony up a 30% stake doesn't sound unreasonable to me. A small market team building the smallest NFL stadium, one that would potentially sell out regularly, say what, living within your means?

This proposal makes far too much sense so it will probably go nowhere, unfortunately.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude CNN lost all credibility years ago.

As for the Raiders, I call bs. This is somehow, someway a ploy to get back into LA. That's my guess.

Why would they need a ploy? Farmers Field looks like it will get done with or without the Raiders, and as far as I know there is no obligation.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the outside looking in, the Raiders are deserving of a modern stadium to play in, and it sounds like they are willing to make a considerable effort to get it done, asking the county to pony up a 30% stake doesn't sound unreasonable to me. A small market team building the smallest NFL stadium, one that would potentially sell out regularly, say what, living within your means?

This proposal makes far too much sense so it will probably go nowhere, unfortunately.

The government shouldn't be paying any money for any stadium. If the raiders want a stadium they should build it themselves.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be small but at least they could sellout. Sold-Out 50,000 stadium > any stadium with tarps

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The government shouldn't be paying any money for any stadium. If the raiders want a stadium they should build it themselves.

Uh, right. Check out the 49ers-Santa Clara Stadium funding bro.

In December 2011, the Santa Clara City Council voted for an agreement that calls for the city’s Stadium Authority to borrow $850,000,000 from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and U.S. Bank. This will cover most of the construction costs, with the remainder to be made up via funding from the NFL, a hotel tax and city redevelopment funds. Construction is expected to begin soon after funding for the stadium has been confirmed. Interest, fees and terms for this loan have not been disclosed.[47][dead link][48] The $850,000,000 building loan, plus interest and fees will be assumed by the City's Stadium Authority, where additional interest and fees will be applied.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, right. Check out the 49ers-Santa Clara Stadium funding bro.

In December 2011, the Santa Clara City Council voted for an agreement that calls for the city’s Stadium Authority to borrow $850,000,000 from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and U.S. Bank. This will cover most of the construction costs, with the remainder to be made up via funding from the NFL, a hotel tax and city redevelopment funds. Construction is expected to begin soon after funding for the stadium has been confirmed. Interest, fees and terms for this loan have not been disclosed.[47][dead link][48] The $850,000,000 building loan, plus interest and fees will be assumed by the City's Stadium Authority, where additional interest and fees will be applied.

How does that have any relevance to my claim that they should never do so? I am aware that it happens, and it is dumb as shit.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that have any relevance to my claim that they should never do so? I am aware that it happens, and it is dumb as shit.

Have you been to Oakland lately? SC County, just down the road is ponying up 850m because they know it will pay off for them in the long run, if Oakland wants the Raiders to stay they might be willing to consider a similar proposal for far less up front (300m).

britbox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that clown Wolf wasn't so keen on moving the A's then I think the city would be putting more effort into keeping the A's than the Raiders, purely based on the number of games and subsequent spin offs to the economy.

Hope both teams stay in Oakland but can't see two stadiums being built.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that clown Wolf wasn't so keen on moving the A's then I think the city would be putting more effort into keeping the A's than the Raiders, purely based on the number of games and subsequent spin offs to the economy.

Hope both teams stay in Oakland but can't see two stadiums being built.

Good point, both the A's and Raiders have significant ties and have had considerable success in Oakland, but lets face facts, 81 home games vs 8, obviously the A's would seem to have a greater impact, therefore by the common sense overrule, the city should elect to back the Raiders.