• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders@Rams Post-Game Analysis: Rams Win 52-0

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Sunday when many pundits and fans thought the Rams would beat the Raiders, no one envisioned they do it in such a dominating fashion resurrecting many memories of past excellence. In a year when we were setting numerous negative records, we set several positive records today in this game. This was the first time in franchise history we scored 38 points in a half. This was the first time since 2006 against these same Raiders we had a shut-out game. This was also the first time since 2000 against the Chargers that we had 50+ points on the scoreboard. This was three straight wins at home this year. So, all of the tribulations and obstacles with mental errors, dropped passes, drive-robbing penalties, interceptions, bad blocking, bad play-calling, badly thrown passes, and refs calling bad calls that cost us either momentum or the game have produced a dogged toughness and excellence in play that perhaps VitaMike, SJ76, and others have been suggesting would come to fruition if we just had a little more patience. Today, the Rams team put it altogether with a convincing win.

On offense. The Positives. We opened the game scoring often and early by throwing 10 straight pass plays. We scored a TD on the first five possessions and added a FG on the sixth offensive possession. We did not have a third down until nearly the end of the first quarter. Hill finished the day going 13-22 for 183 yards and 2 TDs compared to Carr who went 29-39 for 176 yards and many mistakes (3 INTs and 2 fumbles). Hill was relieved in the fourth quarter by Austin Davis. We ran up 348 total yards in offense compared to Oakland’s 244 and the player of the day was Tre Mason going 14 carries for 117 yards and 3 TDs. In the first half, Mason had two huge runs of 35 and 89 yards and his explosiveness and quickness were fun to watch. Stedman Bailey had his first 100-yard game as a professional with 5 catches for 100 yards and he led all receivers. Our third down efficiency was just 1 for 8 only because we didn’t have a third down until the second quarter. Most of this was in the third quarter.This production points to the O-line who blocked quite well on running and passing plays. Hill had plenty of time on passing plays and they only gave up just 1 sack and had just one penalty of the eight that we had as a team.

On Offense. The Negatives. We took the third quarter off. We scored no points and had five straight three-and-outs. The third quarter has been historically a bad quarter for us and the offense went into sleep mode again as we were still up 38-0. I hope we do not revert back to this next week as this quarter has been one of our Achilles heels all year.

On Defense. The Positives. The defense is officially in beast mode.:omg: Like the offense, the defense came out guns a blazin’ They opened the game and held Oakland to a three-and-out. We just turned up the heat from there. We registered six sacks with Quinn with 3, Hayes with 1, Donald with 1, and a return of C. Long with 1. We brought pressure all day long and had the Oakland offense completely contained. C. Long also had a fumble recovery while losing his helmet and McCleod added a fumble recovery as well. Trumaine Johnson had a huge day with tight coverage and knocked down passes as well as 2 INTs, one of which he returned for a TD.
E. J. Gaines had an INT and another great day in the tackling category. Brockers was high man with 7 tackles and four guys were tied with 6: Gaines, Johnson, Ogletree, and Laurinaitus.:yahoo:

On Defense. The Negatives. No complaints here except for some penalties.

On Special Teams. The Positives. After being hunted by the ref crews into oblivion for penalties, the STs played nearly a perfect game. No penalties and they consistently blocked and tackled very well often pinning Oakland with bad field position. Zuerlein was 1/1 in FGs and Hekker had a boomer today of 60 yards.

On Special Teams. The Negatives. Tavon Austin had two fumbles which he recovered both but I hope this does not become a habit.

What a great win!! It was very nice to see this young team playing with such confidence and dominance. Our D is really clicking and the O improved its PA/PF differential as well. On we go to Washington to see if we can put together two-in-row, another goal we have not attained this year. If we run the table, we could end this year 9 and 7. That would be a victory and step forward for this team that has nearly had every bad thing that could go wrong thrown at it this year. GO RAMS!!!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on! lets hope the Rams can continue this next week. We need two wins in a row dammit!

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As always thanks Retro for another great writeup.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if a light went off above the defensive players heads a few weeks ago. Also nice to have Long back.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rambunctious. When he steps on the field you can just see the team solidify and play very good football especially on the defense. The man brings alot to the field each week and they have missed him IMO.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the Raiders.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job retro like always. It was the Raiders but this is the NFL, any given week, just ask the Chiefs.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm was stoked simply because the team didn't let off the gas and kept scoring which to me is needed with this group since there isn't any consistency. On to Washington, still debating on making that trip to DC.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Rams to win but no way did I believe they would have dominated. Congrats to them! I hope they enjoy this victory and go to DC with the same mind set that they had going to into the Raiders game.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was good to see a d-lineman lead the team in tackles for a change. That means were knocking them down at the LOS instead of 20 yards downfield! Anyways I still would love to see us draft a stud LB! Good write up "Retro Rammer":clap:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L i always miss the "good" games. Nice recap sir.