• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep the CB before the LBer. Jimmy Johnson said it years ago, “Don’t pay FA LBers big money cause they are a dime a dozen. Spend your money on the big fat guys”.
But Jerry will get them all signed.
Word for word. Sure. You are correct. Problem is..... this is exactly what I said. As I said. This is the Cowboys way before the cap started. Now paying good money for Smith & LVE is worth it. Over paying for a LB I just cant see the Cowboys doing. No matter how good they are. A Deion Sanders (even though I hated him) is worth what you are claiming.
A Jones is not. If we paid a little more to keep a Smith /LVE I would do in a heart beat over taking a chance on what Jones might become.

Now if Smith/LVE ask for the moon. Then we are now in the Jimmy Johnson realm of things as far as what he was actually talking about.

So it is not as cut & dry as you want to make it out to be.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word for word. Sure. You are correct. Problem is..... this is exactly what I said. As I said. This is the Cowboys way before the cap started. Now paying good money for Smith & LVE is worth it. Over paying for a LB I just cant see the Cowboys doing. No matter how good they are. A Deion Sanders (even though I hated him) is worth what you are claiming.
A Jones is not. If we paid a little more to keep a Smith /LVE I would do in a heart beat over taking a chance on what Jones might become.

Now if Smith/LVE ask for the moon. Then we are now in the Jimmy Johnson realm of things as far as what he was actually talking about.

So it is not as cut & dry as you want to make it out to be.
Jaylon and LVE are not your normal linebackers. They would look even better if we had a 350 pounder taking on two blockers. Just hope we dont overspend on byron Jones. Jones just does not turn the ball over enough for me. 2 career picks is terrible IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon and LVE are not your normal linebackers. They would look even better if we had a 350 pounder taking on two blockers. Just hope we dont overspend on byron Jones. Jones just does not turn the ball over enough for me. 2 career picks is terrible IMO
there are more important stats for a CB than INTS

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are more important stats for a CB than INTS
I agree, but if I had to let one go out of Jones, Jaylon, or LVE, Jones is the odd man out.
Jones is a very good not great DB, Jaylon and LVE look like to of the best 4-3 LBs in the game.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but if I had to let one go out of Jones, Jaylon, or LVE, Jones is the odd man out.
Jones is a very good not great DB, Jaylon and LVE look like to of the best 4-3 LBs in the game.
If I had no choice then it would Jones too but I hope we never have to make that call

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. If Jones plays well again there is very little chance that he is going anywhere. Good CBs and pass rushers are tough to let go. If he regresses he will only be resigned if he prices himself accordingly. Also, one of the biggest factors is timing. We need to make a decision on Jones in 12 months. Vander Esch has played one year and was a first rounder. If keeps playing well we will exercise his 5th year option which will mean he is under contract until the end of 2022. That's 4 more years! There is no correlation with him and Jones. Smith of course is a different story as he is up after this year and I don't see us tagging him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about that. If Jones plays well again there is very little chance that he is going anywhere. Good CBs and pass rushers are tough to let go. If he regresses he will only be resigned if he prices himself accordingly. Also, one of the biggest factors is timing. We need to make a decision on Jones in 12 months. Vander Esch has played one year and was a first rounder. If keeps playing well we will exercise his 5th year option which will mean he is under contract until the end of 2022. That's 4 more years! There is no correlation with him and Jones. Smith of course is a different story as he is up after this year and I don't see us tagging him.

I never said to cut Jones I said if it came down to those three because those 3 were being discussed Jones would be the odd man out.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had no choice then it would Jones too but I hope we never have to make that call
I hope not either. All 3 need to stay and as Jarntt pointed out Dallas has plenty of time before a decision on LVE has to be made.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is certainly better as a corner than as a safety. My issue is he rarely makes a game changing play. We saw LVE and Jaylon make several last season. That fumble return by jaylon against the bucs showed he regained his speed. Jaylon also destroyed Watson on that roll out among many other vicious hits he made

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is certainly better as a corner than as a safety. My issue is he rarely makes a game changing play. We saw LVE and Jaylon make several last season. That fumble return by jaylon against the bucs showed he regained his speed. Jaylon also destroyed Watson on that roll out among many other vicious hits he made
The thing about Jones is he doesn't get beat. He does what a CB is supposed to do, defend against a completion.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me. Think of all the good LBers Dallas has had over the years (lots of them). Think of all the good CB’s Dallas has had over the years (not many). It’s pretty easy to find good LBers but CB seems to be hard to find for most everyone. Both LBers are really good but I’d take Jones waaaaaay before them.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I add this Jones and Smith can be due for thier contract in the same year. If I could only sign one I'm signing Smith.

Jones will get paid a lot more on the FA market. CB is a marquee position... LBers not so much.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Think of all the good LBers Dallas has had over the years (lots of them). Think of all the good CB’s Dallas has had over the years (not many). It’s pretty easy to find good LBers but CB seems to be hard to find for most everyone. Both LBers are really good but I’d take Jones waaaaaay before them.

Heres the truth. I don't care what the fuck you think.

Now please do not talk to me here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the truth. I don't care what the fuck you think.

Now please do not talk to me here.

Don’t come on chat boards if you don’t want to talk.
Temper temper.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t come on chat boards if you don’t want to talk.
Temper temper.
I don't like you one bit, and I have no reason to act as though I do.

Talk to others if they want to talk with you, but dont quote me thinking I'm going to be ok with you.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like you one bit, and I have no reason to act as though I do.

Talk to others if they want to talk with you, but dont quote me thinking I'm going to be ok with you.

Yeah, I would and all but you are the one that stays on my ass no matter where I post. I don’t hate people I know nothing about and I was just talking football. Relax man... and you can’t leave me. I complete you

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would and all but you are the one that stays on my ass no matter where I post. I don’t hate people I know nothing about and I was just talking football. Relax man... and you can’t leave me. I complete you

Wrong. Have you noticed I didn't respond to your other posts here. Have you noticed I don't reply to you on the Eagles board.
This is a team board and I don't think you and I need to have anything to do with each other here.