• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a hard cap....being greedy just takes money away from others.

as scotty said...I'd rescind the offer July 15 if he's not signed by first of May
the longer he waits on the surgery the more impact it has on the season. the normal recovery time is 3 to 4 months

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not bet my house with Jerry in the mix but I think a trade is coming and the Boys are only going to get a 2nd at best maybe only a 3rd. Don’t play chicken with Jerry only player I saw kinda win was Emmitt but that was way before the salary cap and all that means. And Emmit was part of the Machine that was the Triplets winning SB’s
Tank is not even sniffing that air.
My money says Lawrence is done in Dallas

JMHO

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn has had back problems and is an injury waiting to happen but if healthy could really help our defense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get DLaw signed then this has been a nice off season. Still think we should sign Malik mcdowell and see if he has anything. Really like the additions of Cobb,Quinn and iolka. Witten signing I dont get, unless they see him as a future coach. Schultz and Jarwin really looked good to me late in the season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know....his agent pulled some BS here. It's like you selling me your house and want @250K, I think on it and come back and say yes to which you say now you want $280K....Not a good look.

I think 18M per shoulda been the number with his injury history....but thats just me

To make it equivalent, the seller would have to say "oh and it needs X done before it is habitable, but we won't fix that until you have signed and are move in ready."

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have extended Gregory through 2020.

:scratch:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather let him walk and use the money to keep Jaylen, Byron, Dak, Zeke, wolfhunter, and then be able to add someone like Eifert easily next year.
I rather sign DLaw and Dak and let Byron and Zeke walk. There's no reason to worry about being able to sign LBs. They won't cost much even though the Jets are stupid for giving Mosley that much.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rather sign DLaw and Dak and let Byron and Zeke walk. There's no reason to worry about being able to sign LBs. They won't cost much even though the Jets are stupid for giving Mosley that much.

You can’t let go of Zeke. IMO he is the best RB in the league and carries your O. I understand you don’t want to give RBs big money deals cause they can be had late and are plentiful but Zeke has the ability to be an all time great. Dallas would be in huge trouble without him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t let go of Zeke. IMO he is the best RB in the league and carries your O. I understand you don’t want to give RBs big money deals cause they can be had late and are plentiful but Zeke has the ability to be an all time great. Dallas would be in huge trouble without him.
Zeke is great, but he and Cooper are the least important of the group IMO. You have to remember Zeke is under contract this year and will be tagged next year. At that point he will have a lot of wear on his treads. Dak is the most important and Lawrence is the 2nd most important. Then you have Jones and Cooper. If Jones plays like the first half of last year he is more important and if he plays like the end of the year he drops to the bottom of the resign list behind Zeke. Zeke and Cooper are a tossup to me. One probably hasto go and timing more than value says it likely Zeke. Then you have other guys like Jaylon, Collins, etc but their value will be determined this year as they haven't show enough over a long enough time to know what we have. Smith was fantastic last year and a must sign if he repeats. Collins needs to step it up if he wants a big contract. Luckily we don't have to make ANY of these decisions today other than Tank and luckily we have a shitload of cap space next year. :2cents:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke is great, but he and Cooper are the least important of the group IMO. You have to remember Zeke is under contract this year and will be tagged next year. At that point he will have a lot of wear on his treads. Dak is the most important and Lawrence is the 2nd most important. Then you have Jones and Cooper. If Jones plays like the first half of last year he is more important and if he plays like the end of the year he drops to the bottom of the resign list behind Zeke. Zeke and Cooper are a tossup to me. One probably hasto go and timing more than value says it likely Zeke. Then you have other guys like Jaylon, Collins, etc but their value will be determined this year as they haven't show enough over a long enough time to know what we have. Smith was fantastic last year and a must sign if he repeats. Collins needs to step it up if he wants a big contract. Luckily we don't have to make ANY of these decisions today other than Tank and luckily we have a shitload of cap space next year. :2cents:

You obviously don’t think as highly of Zeke as I do. I general id agree if he was a 1300 yard pro bowl guy looking to get paid but he has the look of an all timer. Imagine Dallas letting Emmitt go.
Lot of big time FA for Dallas. Literally getting shafted for killing it in the first round.
I’m keeping Zeke over Cooper, Jaylon, Collins and Dak.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously don’t think as highly of Zeke as I do. I general id agree if he was a 1300 yard pro bowl guy looking to get paid but he has the look of an all timer. Imagine Dallas letting Emmitt go.
Lot of big time FA for Dallas. Literally getting shafted for killing it in the first round.
I’m keeping Zeke over Cooper, Jaylon, Collins and Dak.
I love Zeke and am higher on the value of RBs overall than most seem to be. With Zeke he is under contract for 2019 and Dallas will obviously exercise the 5th year option for 2020. Then he will probably be tagged in 2021. So this is likely an issue for three years from now. A lot can happen to a player and with the cap in that time period.

All of the guys who are due now are lucky that Dallas has a ton of cap space and teams will prioritize guys when they need to and thus resign all or most of the first group they need to address. Having tons of cap space may not be the case going into the 2021 or 2022 season. If Zeke is tagged, after the 2021 season he'll have well over 2,000 touches before it's time to resign him. If you do resign Zeke it will require a 4 plus year deal. So you need to weigh all of that into the decision. A 4 year deal would mean Zeke is year 10 by the time it is done and has over 3,500 touches.

So it's not just a how good is Zeke going into the 2019 season question or is he more important today than some other players. It's a question of whether or not 3 years from today a team that may have to pick between a few different players wants to spend $60M plus for a RB that has been overused already over his first 6 seasons for 4 plus more seasons.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Zeke and am higher on the value of RBs overall than most seem to be. With Zeke he is under contract for 2019 and Dallas will obviously exercise the 5th year option for 2020. Then he will probably be tagged in 2021. So this is likely an issue for three years from now. A lot can happen to a player and with the cap in that time period.

All of the guys who are due now are lucky that Dallas has a ton of cap space and teams will prioritize guys when they need to and thus resign all or most of the first group they need to address. Having tons of cap space may not be the case going into the 2021 or 2022 season. If Zeke is tagged, after the 2021 season he'll have well over 2,000 touches before it's time to resign him. If you do resign Zeke it will require a 4 plus year deal. So you need to weigh all of that into the decision. A 4 year deal would mean Zeke is year 10 by the time it is done and has over 3,500 touches.

So it's not just a how good is Zeke going into the 2019 season question or is he more important today than some other players. It's a question of whether or not 3 years from today a team that may have to pick between a few different players wants to spend $60M plus for a RB that has been overused already over his first 6 seasons for 4 plus more seasons.

I get it... you have to wonder if he and his agent will let this unfold. He’s made some good money as a #4 pick but I don’t see Dak letting this happen. He needs that guaranteed money very soon. I agree with your strategy though

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it... you have to wonder if he and his agent will let this unfold. He’s made some good money as a #4 pick but I don’t see Dak letting this happen. He needs that guaranteed money very soon. I agree with your strategy though
Zeke & Dak will both get reupped. I am not even sweating that. If we lose someone to lack of funds. It would be Jones.
We might lose someone (like D-Law) to greed, but as far as everything else. Jones will be the one we lose to Cap issues if we have any at all.
We also might lose Smith if he demands too much. Dallas never goes all out on contracts for LBs. We just go get more. been that way since before the cap. So I hope LVE & Smith are reasonable in their negotiations. But we should be able to afford all of them. If there was an odd man out. It would be Jones.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke & Dak will both get reupped. I am not even sweating that. If we lose someone to lack of funds. It would be Jones.
We might lose someone (like D-Law) to greed, but as far as everything else. Jones will be the one we lose to Cap issues if we have any at all.
We also might lose Smith if he demands too much. Dallas never goes all out on contracts for LBs. We just go get more. been that way since before the cap. So I hope LVE & Smith are reasonable in their negotiations. But we should be able to afford all of them. If there was an odd man out. It would be Jones.

Gotta keep the CB before the LBer. Jimmy Johnson said it years ago, “Don’t pay FA LBers big money cause they are a dime a dozen. Spend your money on the big fat guys”.
But Jerry will get them all signed.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep the CB before the LBer. Jimmy Johnson said it years ago, “Don’t pay FA LBers big money cause they are a dime a dozen. Spend your money on the big fat guys”.
But Jerry will get them all signed.

Yeah, cause CB's are usually "big fat guys". GTFO off the Cowboys board troll.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cause CB's are usually "big fat guys". GTFO off the Cowboys board troll.

Nobody is trolling. We are having a civil discussion. I was quoting J.J. but CB’s are more valuable these days then LBers.