• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quinn gone

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded for a 4th to the Eagles.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...A 4th is alright...3rd would have been nice.

It is what it is.

Gonna be an Eagles fan this postseason.

Reactions: ill

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded for a 4th to the Eagles.
Eh...A 4th is alright...3rd would have been nice.
I assume they take his salary completely off our books, yes? I agree with Jiddy, I would have liked to see us get a 3rd out of it, but if his salary is completely cleared, that's pretty important, as our cap space should go up that much higher.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume they take his salary completely off our books, yes? I agree with Jiddy, I would have liked to see us get a 3rd out of it, but if his salary is completely cleared, that's pretty important, as our cap space should go up that much higher.
Bears pay the balance of this year only.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears pay the balance of this year only.
I was pretty stoked reading this, but now there are reports coming out that the Bears are going to pay most of the remaining contract in its entirety, not just this season. I hope this isn't the case, as to me this would change it from a fairly equal trade to a wholly lopsided one in the Eagles favor.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we pay 6.48 million balance this year and he has a dead cap of 12 million next year on us because of the restructure.

I would have like to hear a third if he reaches some makeable stats, hard to believe we could not get a fourth when they tried to trade him before the draft. Right now, they make the superbowl, we get the last or second to last pick in the fourth round.

What can we ask for having a player that shows up every other year and currently is ranked 108 out of 112 players on the edge.

Roquan was at the podium when it was reported and he cried.

We better get a second for him.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard we pay 6.48 million balance this year and he has a dead cap of 12 million next year on us because of the restructure.

I would have like to hear a third if he reaches some makeable stats, hard to believe we could not get a fourth when they tried to trade him before the draft. Right now, they make the superbowl, we get the last or second to last pick in the fourth round.

What can we ask for having a player that shows up every other year and currently is ranked 108 out of 112 players on the edge.

Roquan was at the podium when it was reported and he cried.

We better get a second for him.
I don't think they trade Roquan. Montgomery? More than possible Bears trade him as Herbert and Monty are 50/50 touches so far.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I've been waiting to learn since Quinn's trade is how it affects our cap space. Well here's how, assuming the info from BearsWire is accurate:

Her are the key figures:
While the Bears will take on most of Quinn’s remaining salary, which is around $7.9 million, the trade frees up $18.2 million in additional cap space in 2023, per OverTheCap.

For those keeping track at home, the Bears will have $134 million in salary cap space heading into the 2023 offseason, which gives Poles plenty to work with as he looks to address areas of need.

So at face value, it looked at first like the Bears got hosed on this deal, especially when it was learned that they're eating much of Quinn's salary. But just freeing up that much more cap space alone makes it a beneficial move on Poles part. I'm officially down with it now!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they trade Roquan. Montgomery? More than possible Bears trade him as Herbert and Monty are 50/50 touches so far.
Yeah, it's tough wondering whether or not Roquan gets traded. From a personal standpoint, as my favorite Bear, I would hate to see him leave. He's still young enough to fully fit in with the rebuild. But if both sides are hellbent on not getting a deal done, then shit, might as well trade him while he still brings some value. I do have a question tho and hopefully one of you smarter gents in here can answer. If Smith is traded, will the team acquiring him be allowed to apply the franchise tag if some deal isn't worked out? I know if he's still a Bear at the end of the season, Poles can use the tag if need be. But I'm not sure if this is transferrable in a trade.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a 4th and clearing that much cap space is a big win for a guy with 1 sack this season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's tough wondering whether or not Roquan gets traded. From a personal standpoint, as my favorite Bear, I would hate to see him leave. He's still young enough to fully fit in with the rebuild. But if both sides are hellbent on not getting a deal done, then shit, might as well trade him while he still brings some value. I do have a question tho and hopefully one of you smarter gents in here can answer. If Smith is traded, will the team acquiring him be allowed to apply the franchise tag if some deal isn't worked out? I know if he's still a Bear at the end of the season, Poles can use the tag if need be. But I'm not sure if this is transferrable in a trade.
I get what he has to offer, but after the hold "in" so he was not fined, I cannot see him accepting the franchise tag.

Some of us still see him as the ticking timebomb that lost his team Ipad after he was drafted, to missing a game in 2019 for personal issues. That time bomb is awesome when he is trying to decapitate people on the field, but everyone knows its why they dont want to throw a bunch of guaranteed money at him.

As far as the bears eating Quinns salary, I guess the cost of a 4th round pick is about 7 million dollars? The dead cap next year is their own fault for the restructure since it was money he should have already gotten per his contract, the same reason Mack is counting for 24 million this season.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reports are the Bears free up 18 mil in cap for next season which tells me they don't get hit with the dead cap money.

The Bears have something like 132 million for the 2023 offseason. Some of that would will obviously stay with players on the current roster as you have guys due a pay day.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reports are the Bears free up 18 mil in cap for next season which tells me they don't get hit with the dead cap money.

The Bears have something like 132 million for the 2023 offseason. Some of that would will obviously stay with players on the current roster as you have guys due a pay day.
Really the only 2 that would be eligible for a serious payday are Roquan and Montgomery.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the only 2 that would be eligible for a serious payday are Roquan and Montgomery.

Those are the only guys getting larger money but there will be other guys they could extend or restructure. Mooney amongst them. Trevis Gipson was probably in line for a raise if he continued where he left off last season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the only guys getting larger money but there will be other guys they could extend or restructure. Mooney amongst them. Trevis Gipson was probably in line for a raise if he continued where he left off last season.
If, as we all hope Fields turns out to be the franchise QB we've been wanting for decades, obviously Poles will need to bank away a chunk of the cap space for when that time comes. But even taking that into consideration and assuming additional funds will be needed to account for extensions and pay raises, we'll likely still be north of $100m in cap space. I said way back when it was first reported about how much the Bears would have available for next year that I trust Poles won't blow it all in one offseason. I'd like to see this excess spread out over 2-3 years to better evaluate where we are at a given time and what needs might arise down the road. In any case, I think we're in the process of turning the corner.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, as we all hope Fields turns out to be the franchise QB we've been wanting for decades, obviously Poles will need to bank away a chunk of the cap space for when that time comes. But even taking that into consideration and assuming additional funds will be needed to account for extensions and pay raises, we'll likely still be north of $100m in cap space. I said way back when it was first reported about how much the Bears would have available for next year that I trust Poles won't blow it all in one offseason. I'd like to see this excess spread out over 2-3 years to better evaluate where we are at a given time and what needs might arise down the road. In any case, I think we're in the process of turning the corner.
I know you can carry over un used cap but is there a limit? I do not recall, but I bet the player union contract has a clause about that.

Current cap for next season is at $115 million prior to the Quinn trade, now it is at $125m... More than double the cap space of the next highest team. Before we get all giddy about that, the F/A class of WR next year is slim pickings. More than likely the better ones will be resigned or franchise tagged. That still leaves OL/DL (specifically 3T) to deal with, MLB as well if Marrow isn't resigned. One spot could be handled effectively with the first round pick.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These are the two lists I'm concerned about. Especially the first one...Anything worth going after?

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettis, St. Brown and Harry are all UFA's this offseason...lol...So many new faces are coming our way in 2023.

4th we got for Quinn...Hell I'd almost bet it's trade fodder at this point.