• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Questions

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just post a good question!

Levis is going largely undrafted. (a) Does this mean he be terrible and (b) is this good news for Spears' usage?

Stroud set records as a rookie. Those kind of seasons dont happen often. So does this mean Stroud is more pedestrian in 2024?

Will there be a KC WR that actually is a more consistent target for more than just a month?

More to come...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Kupp and Puka coexist?

Can Diggs and Collins coexist? (b) And where does that leave Tank?

Can Moore and Keenan coexist? (b) And where does that leave Odunze?

Who becomes the lead WR for the Chargers and Giants? Will it matter?

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis is going largely undrafted. (a) Does this mean he be terrible and (b) is this good news for Spears' usage?

Stroud set records as a rookie. Those kind of seasons dont happen often. So does this mean Stroud is more pedestrian in 2024?

Will there be a KC WR that actually is a more consistent target for more than just a month?

More to come...

he is going undrafted in most leagues because most leagues are 1 QB and 10-12 teams... many owners dont draft a second QB, especially if the bench is not particularly big...

but he is also seen as one of the top sleeper QBs this season... and without Henry there, there is speculation they will be a pass heavy team... so i would not take the fact that he is being undrafted as any indicator... I personally, am very high on him,... problem again is that if he is top 12, who does he bump?? there are others drafted outside top 12 that can easily get into the top 12(tua and Lawrence)

Stroud- the texans are the hype of the off-season... rightfully so, with the huge additions of Mixon and Diggs... but projecting him to be better than last year IMO is a big mistake... they are now playing a first place schedule, and they did probably play over their heads last season... will it be pedestrian?? IDK, but he is a great candidate to not be a top 12... i listen to the fantasy football channel on sirius XM, one of the hosts made a comment about rookies, saying whatever they do their rookie year does not matter, its their Second season that will tell us who and what they are.... and i have always not trusted players who have yet to see failure, because you have no clue whether they will or can adapt....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud has a very good head on his shoulders - not that he's an analytical wunderkind, but that he has good perspective. I do expect him to outperform last season, though maybe not by much.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabers will be the lead WR for the Giants, but it may not be clear until the second half.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) not in my eyes, he didn't exactly 'wow' anyone last year, but there were glimpses of some potential. Just hard to trust when there's a good 15+ QB's ahead of him that are much more solid bets.
B) meh..I dunno. Between Spears, Pollard, Nuk, Ridley, Boyd- there's a ton of quality mouths to feed, on an offense that isn't expected to do a whole lot. I know I personally would give 3 times the touches to Spears as I would Pollard, but I doubt it works out that way. It entirely depends on Levis taking a step forward and just how big of a step that is. If you have faith in him, they're set up for some pretty decent numbers. If you don't, you're likely not excited for any of those names. For me, I would take shots at Spears and Ridley, but it'd be small shots.

Stroud set records as a rookie. Those kind of seasons don't happen often. So does this mean Stroud is more pedestrian in 2024?
The last time a rookie QB had a season like Stroud's, would be Herbert in 2020 and Herbert's was arguably better from a statistical POV. He improved on virtually ever number in year 2. And while Stroud was ridiculously good, for a rookie, last year, it's not like his fantasy counting stats were all that impressive - barely over 4k yards, and less than 25 TD's - he has plenty of room for improvement, and I think the Texans did a nice job of adding around him during the offseason, I expect an increase

wouldn't bank on it. And if there is, will it be Worthy? Hollywood? R. Rice when doe she get suspended, and for how long? You can't ignore those names in fantasy circles because of them being on a Mahommes/Reid team, but I'm avoiding them all. Outside of Kelce, and Pacheco, with a dark horse of Rees Zammit, I can't foresee any Chief being a consistent fantasy asset.

Can Kupp and Puka coexist?
I can't imagine why not. Ram's RB"s are suspect at best. I would venture a guess that even the largest Williams or Corum supporter would admit that neither of them are 'stud' RB's, especially when you talk about passing game involvement. Adequate at best I think would be the proper term for expectations in that area. There is no threat as a 3rd WR, and Higbee, as nice as he is, is also no threat. Plenty of targets for both of Kupp and Nukua, and neither of them come off as a 'me first' type diva.

Can Diggs and Collins coexist? (b) And where does that leave Tank?
I think you're asking the wrong question. I have Tank well above Nico Collins, so I would ask where does it leave Collins? And I don't see Digg's co-existing with much of anyone, unless he gets a massive target share, in which case he'll get along with everyone just fine. To me, Tank Dell is the best WR on that team, and i fully expect him to prove it. Diggs is probably gonna demand a trade during the 24-25 offseason

Can Moore and Keenan coexist? (b) And where does that leave Odunze?
Sure they can co exist, Keenan existed with Mike Williams for years, and DJ Moore is easily the best guy on that team, the coaches know it, the QB will know it, and it'll play out that way. I'm guessing Odunze will have a season much like JSN in Seattle last year. wasted 1st round pick- for this season at least, could pay off big later. (of if Allen succombs to age and/or injury)

Who becomes the lead WR for the Chargers and Giants? Will it matter?
Ladd McConkey most likely in LA, unless Q. Johnston blossoms. Giants, geesh, it's supposed to be Nabors, so I'll go with that until he proves he's not up for it. But honestly i think, at this very moment, until Nabors proves he's worthy of his draft status, my money is on Wandale as the best playmaker at WR in New York. Will it matter? in LA, yes, in NY, probably not.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Tank well above Nico Collins, so I would ask where does it leave Collins?
Love your take but you do realize that based on ECR and ADP, Tank is being drafted 3rd if at all. So a lot of experts and owners do not see it your way.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love your take but you do realize that based on ECR and ADP, Tank is being drafted 3rd if at all. So a lot of experts and owners do not see it your way.
and that's why they're wrong :)
anyone taking a late round flyer on Tank is gonna be STOKED. Dude was on pace for 1100 as a rookie who was barely used in 4 of the 11 the games he did play in.

I mean Noah Brown, who before last season was only known for being one of the best blocking WRs in the game, virtually matched what Nico and Tank both did (per game average), so I think there's a ton of credit due to the system here, and if that's the case, I feel Tank is a much better WR just on a pure talent and skill level, and will exceed within the system more so. If Nico truly was the guy we saw last year, if he had real 'alpha dawg' in him, he'd have done more than less than 500 yards each of his first two seasons.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My questions -
Who will be this years 'dark horse' RB? Audric Estime? Jaleel McLaughlin? Rasheen Ali? Donte Foreman? Trey Sermon? Royce Freeman? Jamaal Williams (everyone is writing him off in favor of Kendre friggin Miller), Luis Rees-Zammit?

What's the feeling on the Raiders QB? O'Connell or Minshew?

Thoughts on Brandin Cooks opposite Ceedee Lamb with the absence of a realistic hope of a running game?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My questions -
Who will be this years 'dark horse' RB? Audric Estime? Jaleel McLaughlin? Rasheen Ali? Donte Foreman? Trey Sermon? Royce Freeman? Jamaal Williams (everyone is writing him off in favor of Kendre friggin Miller), Luis Rees-Zammit?

Thoughts on Brandin Cooks opposite Ceedee Lamb with the absence of a realistic hope of a running game?
1. Easily McLaughlin for me out of that bunch.
2. Tricky - O'Connell showed well in a few games just as Minshew has for a number of yrs. .... I'd give the nod to the younger guy but I wouldn't own either unless it was superflex.
3. A question many folks are wondering about. Obviously the lack of an elite type running game is going to dictate more passing. I think both Cooks and Ferguson benefit from that. Now, which benefits the most ? Think its ever so slightly (ppr-wise) in Cooks favor - standard scoring Ferguson.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am tempering my Dak and Lamb expectations. Havent looked it up but as a Dak owner it seems he has a good season, then a poor season. Since he just had a great season, my opinion is in the valley for this year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My questions -

Those are dark horse RBs, the ones I have made small investments on is McLaughlin and Foreman (WW pickup) keeping expectations low very low.

Raiders will be looking at the QB landscape in 2025 to see if they can upgrade. You can do worse then O'Connell and Minshew but you want to do better.

Not betting on Cowboy players this season although Lamb is going to be fine.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levis (a) Does this mean he be terrible and (b) is this good news for Spears' usage? Yes he's terrible but it will make no difference for Spears. Spears will be the same guy he was last year.

Stroud set records as a rookie. Those kind of seasons dont happen often. So does this mean Stroud is more pedestrian in 2024? I think Stroud will be good again this year. If anything they've gotten better with the additions of Diggs and Mixon.

Will there be a KC WR that actually is a more consistent target for more than just a month? It's Rashee Rice

Can Kupp and Puka coexist? Yep with no problem at all. There will days that it's more of a Kupp day and days that it's more of a Puka day, but overall I think both can produce. Kupp and Cooks did fine together as did Kupp and Woods. I see no reason it can't be the same for Kupp and Puka.

Can Diggs and Collins coexist? (b) And where does that leave Tank? I honestly think Diggs is going to throw a fit by week 8 because he isn't getting the ball enough. I think if there are 25 targets between the three of them it might go 10 for Collins, 8 for Diggs, 7 for Dell. Collins will lead the team, but Dell and Diggs will be neck and neck. It's just a matter of whether that's enough for Diggs not to blow up the sideline.

Can Moore and Keenan coexist? (b) And where does that leave Odunze? Odunze will be on the outside looking in this year. And yes Moore and Keenan should have no problem coexisting since Keenan plays the slot and Moore plays outside. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with about the same amount of targets as long as Keenan is healthy. Moore's targets will just be higher quality in the red zone and yards per reception wise. I just don't see how Odunze has a big impact unless one of the other guys gets hurt.

Who becomes the lead WR for the Chargers and Giants? Will it matter? McConkey for the Chargers, wouldn't surprise me at all if it's Wandale Robinson for the Giants

Who will be this years 'dark horse' RB? Audric Estime? Jaleel McLaughlin? Rasheen Ali? Donte Foreman? Trey Sermon? Royce Freeman? Jamaal Williams (everyone is writing him off in favor of Kendre friggin Miller), Luis Rees-Zammit? Does Ty Chandler count again this year? I think he ends up with more touches than Aaron Jones by the end of the year.

What's the feeling on the Raiders QB? O'Connell or Minshew? I think Minshew is better, but he's not going to win them a Super Bowl so what's the point? You might as well play O'Connell and see what you have. Worst case scenario he's terrible and they get a higher pick next year.

Thoughts on Brandin Cooks opposite Ceedee Lamb with the absence of a realistic hope of a running game? I think Cooks will be good this year and he's somebody I've been targeting in the later rounds because like you said they have no hope of a running game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be this years 'dark horse' RB? Audric Estime? Jaleel McLaughlin? Rasheen Ali? Donte Foreman? Trey Sermon? Royce Freeman? Jamaal Williams (everyone is writing him off in favor of Kendre friggin Miller), Luis Rees-Zammit? Does Ty Chandler count again this year? I think he ends up with more touches than Aaron Jones by the end of the year.
I would initially say no Ty Chandler is no dark horse, he's a bonafide cuff/lesser committee member.
Although I do give ya credit for the bold take of him having more touches than Jones, which I don't buy whatsoever, but certainly a bold prediction ;)

Personally, I don't see much in Ty. It wasn't difficult to be better than Mattison last year, and if he was a guy to give that sort of load to than why go get Jones? He's a nice role player though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a feeling this year that Rome Odunze is going to lead the bears in yards and/or TDs.
I think this guy was that 4th member of the SNL crew that sat around choking on pizza and chugging beers, dreaming about Ditka. He's the no one can ever remember. We all remember Chris Farley, George Wendt, and Mike Meyers, this guy was one of the other ones

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are dark horse RBs, the ones I have made small investments on is McLaughlin and Foreman (WW pickup) keeping expectations low very low.

Raiders will be looking at the QB landscape in 2025 to see if they can upgrade. You can do worse then O'Connell and Minshew but you want to do better.

Not betting on Cowboy players this season although Lamb is going to be fine.
oh fer sure, low expectations for certain on all the above, but someone is coming out of no where, they always do. Might not be any of those I mentioned, but someone will

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud- the texans are the hype of the off-season... rightfully so, with the huge additions of Mixon and Diggs... but projecting him to be better than last year IMO is a big mistake

Stroud has a very good head on his shoulders - not that he's an analytical wunderkind, but that he has good perspective. I do expect him to outperform last season, though maybe not by much.

think Stroud will be good again this year. If anything they've gotten better with the additions of Diggs and Mixon.

I did look at some top-rated QB that had pretty good rookie seasons. How'd they do in their second season?

The majority of them did have lower passing stats. Yet most all had the same fantasy numbers. Turns out they improved on their interceptions, fumbles and overall ball protection.

So while their stats regressesed a bit, they played smarter.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did look at some top-rated QB that had pretty good rookie seasons. How'd they do in their second season?

The majority of them did have lower passing stats. Yet most all had the same fantasy numbers. Turns out they improved on their interceptions, fumbles and overall ball protection.

So while their stats regressesed a bit, they played smarter.

Didn’t strroud have an unprecedented no interception streak to start his career?? Looks like this will be the exception to that rule.

Bryce young on the other hand I would make that bet any day that he will have less interceptions than last season.