• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on Helmets.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of helmets and they'll stop leading withe their domes.
I know it'll never happen but that would stop all those head hunters.
Most of these NFL players are already brain dead. :L Yeah get rid of the helmets.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey GnG, does your wife make you wear a helmet when you're dong chores around your inlaws house you live in?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Wallace
fdf45b1766c453a40e353204bf8d6828.jpg
A fad that seems like it should return.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a 'softer' exterior shell might lead to more neck issues, given it may be more apt to be sticky in a glancing collision.
Maybe that it the reason.

Played on rubber basketball courts (those were dumb) chewed up a lot of knees and ankles.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cause every other 49er player who won 4 SB's did so in the first 4. Wallace wasn't a member of the first SB team.

Well either way I don't like him... AND he was wearing a padded helmet? Look if I have to sit through stupid ass Geico and PC/SJW advertisements while watching taxpayer dollars dumped into stadiums, I expect a few brutal injuries in my NFL games. The fact this man was trying to protect himself is despicable, and one of the many reasons the 49ers of the 80s and 90s are a fraud!!!

GlassBestAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle I always wondered.
Does Sharks wear helmets when on bicycles?

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard shell deflects a lot of the impact, whereas the padding reduces damage from the concussive part of the blow. I play hockey and am bruised enough with hard shell only on my head, top of my shoulders, elbows and lower legs. Goalies get nothing but respect from me for the amount of punishment they take.

It may sound strange, but when I went out there I felt like I was the safest guy on the ice.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sharkonabicycle I always wondered.
Does Sharks wear helmets when on bicycles?

Dude are you serious? Sharks are badass and one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet!!!

OF COURSE we wear a helmet, even when off the bike! You think we operate like that bullshit movie Jaws where an air tank explodes him? If Jaws (or Bruce as lame-o Steve named him) had a helmet, would that happen? NO. F'ing Hollywood.... And don't get me started on Shark Week, those aquatic posers deserve whatever happens to em'.

We also wear protective gear on our fin! As I always say, "Don't commit a sin, wrap your fin!"

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude are you serious? Sharks are badass and one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet!!!

OF COURSE we wear a helmet, even when off the bike! You think we operate like that bullshit movie Jaws where an air tank explodes him? If Jaws (or Bruce as lame-o Steve named him) had a helmet, would that happen? NO. F'ing Hollywood.... And don't get me started on Shark Week, those aquatic posers deserve whatever happens to em'.

We also wear protective gear on our fin! As I always say, "Don't commit a sin, wrap your fin!"
I always thought Jaws was a pussy. I mean he got shown up by a guy that couldnt even swim!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking about this while thinking of concussion protocols & AB losing his mind & what not.

Why does the Helmets have to have a hard shell? I get what they thought originally when they became a hard shell. It was just wrong. With all the science & what not nowadays. I remember way back when Mark Kelso was struggling with Concussions (Safety for the Bills) He put a soft shell around his whole helmet. Didnt look sexy but as far as I know he didnt miss any more games with head injuries. if they had a soft shell padded helmet, seems it would protect the jarring of the brain better. (crumple zones if you will) Also when a guy spears another guy with a soft shell helmet vs what they have now. It wouldnt be as much as a weapon as it is now.

1st thoughts I would see a lot more benefits of a soft shell vs. the helmet of today.

So I am curious if this is just a stubbornness to not change from this now traditional helmet or is there a true Scientific reason for not switching?

Does anyone have any idea?

Antonio Brown wanted to use a better helmet and look what they did to him.

Just shut up and play, schmoopy, leave the helmet stuff to the lawyers.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell them to try rugby for awhile. Buncha whiners.

giphy.gif

Perfect tackle which illustrates my point:
He leads with the head ACROSS the body, NOT using it as a weapon.