• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for those who believe the Pats cheated regularly with a needle

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the NFL read the report and felt like they needed to come down hard on the Patriots. Is everyone just out for them or are you reading the report looking for any loophole you can find?

No, I read the report the same way I read all investigative reports given to me for review, with an open mind. Having read thousands of reports it was immediately obvious that it was a hatchet job.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I read the report the same way I read all investigative reports given to me for review, with an open mind. Having read thousands of reports it was immediately obvious that it was a hatchet job.

I'll admit I haven't read thousands of your posts, but having read many I find it extremely unlikely you read the report with an open mind.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit I haven't read thousands of your posts, but having read many I find it extremely unlikely you read the report with an open mind.

Actually I did, and like I mentioned, it was clear it was a hatchet job right out of the gate.

If he is so confident in his report he would make available the transcripts of the interviews and his notes.

He is a hired gun, and nothing more.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I did, and like I mentioned, it was clear it was a hatchet job right out of the gate.

If he is so confident in his report he would make available the transcripts of the interviews and his notes.

He is a hired gun, and nothing more.

Hired for what exactly? Do you think the NFL prefers to have Brady not playing? Maybe Wells was hired by the agent of Garoppolo? He must have deep pockets if he got to Goodell, too.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hired for what exactly? Do you think the NFL prefers to have Brady not playing? Maybe Wells was hired by the agent of Garoppolo? He must have deep pockets if he got to Goodell, too.

For exaclty what they got. Look at the lab they chose for example, why would they choose them, when it's well known they are the lab you hire when you want a desired outcome.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For exaclty what they got. Look at the lab they chose for example, why would they choose them, when it's well known they are the lab you hire when you want a desired outcome.

But why was the NFL out to get the Patriots? It's well documented the Kraft and Goodell are (were) close, so why?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why was the NFL out to get the Patriots? It's well documented the Kraft and Goodell are (were) close, so why?

You'll have to ask Kinsel and Vincent.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll have to ask Kinsel and Vincent.

Exactly. I'll admit the Patriots look pretty good if we just ignore the facts, common sense, science, the texts, and team history. Here's a tip. You're usually on the wrong side if you need to apply spin to the known facts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'll admit the Patriots look pretty good if we just ignore the facts, common sense, science, the texts, and team history. Here's a tip. You're usually on the wrong side if you need to apply spin to the known facts.

How am I applying spin to the facts?:scratch:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I applying spin to the facts?:scratch:

Here is a summary of your argument, and even though it would seem like I'm exaggerating to make a point I'm not exaggerating at all.

The NFL was out to get the Patriots for some reason.
They hired Ted Wells to do a non-neutral investigation and get them.
His report was filled with holes and bad science, but the NFL ignored this and still issued harsh penalties.
The Patriots balls just naturally deflated much more significantly than the Colts.
Texts that appear damning were actually just about one of the equipment managers being fat.
The equipment manager brought the balls into the bathroom because he had to pee.
Brady forgot that he knew the equipment managers even though he was calling and texting them at the time.
Brady forgot that he has a preference when it comes to the psi of game balls.
There is no concern around the league that the Patriots sometimes ignore the rules.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I'll admit the Patriots look pretty good if we just ignore the facts, common sense, science, the texts, and team history.

Great idea, but then there would be nothing left to talk about eh?
:nono:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your question is here.

The Wells report claimed a pattern of behavior. The Wells report also said that the events of the Colts game were unique. It did not explain how to reconcile the two claims.

My opinion, of course, is that the Wells report is a crock of shit. But most posters here disagree. So I'm asking how you guys reconcile the seeming contradiction.

Precursor...I have only ready snippets of the Wells report.

That said...imo that report was merely a discovery mission to determine how did the footballs PSI end up being under the league mandate.

In other words he was not "going after" anyone in particular. The findings in the discovery point to (or suggests) Brady knowing or having knowledge air was being taken out of the footballs by Patriot equipment staff.

The report could be a crock of shit, but an unbiased person can't make that assumption until we see evidence to the contrary.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady forgot that he knew the equipment managers even though he was calling and texting them at the time.

Those two are extreme misrepresentations of the discussions.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're usually on the wrong side if you need to apply spin to the known facts.

And thus Ted Wells is on the wrong side.
  • Spin: Walt Anderson's memory is highly reliable, except when what he remembers goes against Wells' conclusion. In that case, it's wrong.
  • Spin: Brady expressing a desire to have the balls not be illegally over-inflated is strong evidence of cheating.
  • Spin: Brady successfully leading a rules change is strong evidence of cheating.
  • Spin: McNally did something before the Colts game that he'd never done before, and also he did the same thing before every game. (Huh? That one makes no sense to me, yet it's central to the Wells report.)

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report on the radio yesterday that the Patriots are claiming Wells left out of the report what was on the security cameras, namily McNally picking up the two bags of balls in front of the game officials in the locker room. Not sneaking them out like first claimed.

It will be intersting to see if this report pans out, because if it does it's devestating to the report and it's credibility.

The Patriots posted that with details, based on the tapes they have.

So yes -- this is another example of Wells lying in the report.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a summary of your argument, and even though it would seem like I'm exaggerating to make a point I'm not exaggerating at all.

The NFL was out to get the Patriots for some reason.
They hired Ted Wells to do a non-neutral investigation and get them.
His report was filled with holes and bad science, but the NFL ignored this and still issued harsh penalties.
The Patriots balls just naturally deflated much more significantly than the Colts.
Texts that appear damning were actually just about one of the equipment managers being fat.
The equipment manager brought the balls into the bathroom because he had to pee.
There is no concern around the league that the Patriots sometimes ignore the rules.
Pats fans don't believe in common sense so non of this is even valid in their minds. If this were Waco they'd be burning with Brady right now...sad.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots posted that with details, based on the tapes they have.

So yes -- this is another example of Wells lying in the report.

So, the Pats went through all the trouble of creating a website to debunk the Wells report, scrounge up a chemist to at least pay lip service to the physics in the Wells report being wrong (until he admitted that his numbers were just a wild ass guess), but they AREN'T posting a video that would blow a cavern sized hole into the aforementioned report?

Ummm. Okay. I guess that makes sense. Somehow.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t's well documented the Kraft and Goodell are (were) close, so why?

That didn't prevent the absurdly high penalties in CameraPlacementGate.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Pats went through all the trouble of creating a website to debunk the Wells report, scrounge up a chemist to at least pay lip service to the physics in the Wells report being wrong (until he admitted that his numbers were just a wild ass guess), but they AREN'T posting a video that would blow a cavern sized hole into the aforementioned report?

Ummm. Okay. I guess that makes sense. Somehow.

They posted a text document to rebut the text document that is the Wells report.

They also did so hastily, by the way. You can infer that from the small amount of time they had to get the site up. You can also infer it from the fact that the very first sentence of the site contains a grammatical error. :)