• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for those who believe the Pats cheated regularly with a needle

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a poll on ESPN: 76% of fans support Brady suspension.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe McNally purpusly deflated the balls?

No, I don't believe he did, in the spirit in which you meant the question.

That's not because I have a high opinion of his integrity, but rather because I have a very low opinion of his opportunity to do so ...

... unless, of course, the Wells report is a bunch of errors from beginning to end, which is also a possibility ...

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a poll on ESPN: 76% of fans support Brady suspension.

Wouldn't those generally be fans who would have seen Mortenson's original, wildly false claim about the magnitude of the footballs' underinflation?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually this is something I don't think most even thought about until you introduced it. What I think some are missing is without you asking how coukd the Pats have done it "multiple" times? The report clearly states the officials never lost control of the balls in 19 years???

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, or do you just like to make shit up?

"Referee Walt Anderson‟s inability to locate the game balls at the start of the game (for the first time in nineteen years) and the breach in standard pre-game procedure when McNally removed the game balls from the Officials Locker Room without the permission of the referee or other game officials."

This does not say the balls were never left unattended. McNally the Deflator easily could have slipped into the Ref's room as soon as the ref's left. Gotta remember the balls had to be delivered to the ref's 2.5 hours prior to kickoff. The refs could inspect and mark the balls, then head to the field leaving the balls all alone so Brady's deflator can go to work.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does not say the balls were never left unattended. McNally the Deflator easily could have slipped into the Ref's room as soon as the ref's left. Gotta remember the balls had to be delivered to the ref's 2.5 hours prior to kickoff. The refs could inspect and mark the balls, then head to the field leaving the balls all alone so Brady's deflator can go to work.

Actually, the report says that McNally was regularly left alone with the balls in the officials' locker room. So you're certainly entitled to claim that McNally deflated balls 9+ times per year (I use that figure because the Pats usually have at least one home playoff game) in the officials' locker room and never once got caught doing it by, for example, somebody coming back in unexpectedly.

Is that your contention?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they teach deflection and denial in the public schools in New England?

I don't think so. MA is neither a creationist state nor a conservative one.

But I didn't go to school here, so I can't be sure.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the report says that McNally was regularly left alone with the balls in the officials' locker room. So you're certainly entitled to claim that McNally deflated balls 9+ times per year (I use that figure because the Pats usually have at least one home playoff game) in the officials' locker room and never once got caught doing it by, for example, somebody coming back in unexpectedly.

Is that your contention?
I'm just going to say that there is no doubt the Pats had it down pat(no pun intended) when and where they could deflate the damn balls. You seem fixed on having folks explain just when and where this was done.
What you don't address are the texts. Every thing else is white noise.

Why you ask? Because their is no way to document the when and where down to a gnats ass. Just explain the texts and we will all just shut up .

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Deflator got that nickname because of a weight loss product" :pound:

Wow, the Pats truly think that people are stupid and they can give whatever explanation they want, no matter how stupid it sounds, and people will just believe it.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they have not. You say they have ? Please recap it for me.

The ones around the time of the Jets game are about the balls somehow having gotten illegally overinflated (16 PSI!!), Brady getting pissed off about that, and the peons being pissed off at how pissed off he got.

The ones about stealing shoes from their employer the Pats are about -- wait for it -- stealing shoes from their employer the Pats.

The ones about deflation of footballs are about deflating footballs when -- as is the case the vast majority of the time -- it was legal to do so. Plus, there was some wordplay because of the weight loss contests among the Pats staff.

Does that cover it, since you're too lazy to read for yourself?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it is something to talk about in May.

No the difference is my teams didn't cheat and I'm not sitting here acting like they are innocent. FSU was ridiculous and embarrassing. But even then, they didn't cheat every chance they could like your boys. Keep the defense up :thumb:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones around the time of the Jets game are about the balls somehow having gotten illegally overinflated (16 PSI!!), Brady getting pissed off about that, and the peons being pissed off at how pissed off he got.

The ones about stealing shoes from their employer the Pats are about -- wait for it -- stealing shoes from their employer the Pats.

The ones about deflation of footballs are about deflating footballs when -- as is the case the vast majority of the time -- it was legal to do so. Plus, there was some wordplay because of the weight loss contests among the Pats staff.

Does that cover it, since you're too lazy to read for yourself?

Just to gauge the level of your sanity, do you honestly believe this nonsense?

@SJ76 I think you quoted the wrong post?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No the difference is my teams didn't cheat and I'm not sitting here acting like they are innocent. FSU was ridiculous and embarrassing. But even then, they didn't cheat every chance they could like your boys. Keep the defense up :thumb:
I am assuming you didn't mean to quote me.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The butthurt is strong in them: there ain't enough Ben Gay in chowdah town to soothe this pain.
patriots-fans-6.jpg

Speaking of butt hurt Pugsley, where were you on 2/06/2005?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that your contention?

So now you've basically answered your own deflection question. There's hope for you yet.