• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for those who believe the Pats cheated regularly with a needle

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones around the time of the Jets game are about the balls somehow having gotten illegally overinflated (16 PSI!!), Brady getting pissed off about that, and the peons being pissed off at how pissed off he got.

The ones about stealing shoes from their employer the Pats are about -- wait for it -- stealing shoes from their employer the Pats.

The ones about deflation of footballs are about deflating footballs when -- as is the case the vast majority of the time -- it was legal to do so. Plus, there was some wordplay because of the weight loss contests among the Pats staff.

Does that cover it, since you're too lazy to read for yourself?
Nice try trying to make shit up on the fly. Now we are going to go thru these texts together. If you can't explain them, then kindly just quit arguing about Brady being innocent.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_46_44%20PM.png

Tom is acting crazy about the balls? He's bitching to the equipment staff about it, like it was their fault. Did they fail to deflate the balls enough or is Tom just complaining about the refs?

I'm sure you can explain this one...right? This is the easy one, just so you know. More to follow.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Deflator got that nickname because of a weight loss product" :pound:

Wow, the Pats truly think that people are stupid and they can give whatever explanation they want, no matter how stupid it sounds, and people will just believe it.
I honestly think they are doing this more for their own fans than to try and convince everyone else. They know they are going to pay the penalty and the rest of the nation will be laughing at them. Now it's time to just do as much local damage control as they can. Keep the home town fans mired in misinformation to keep their support through it all. Sell tickets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think they are doing this more for their own fans than to try and convince everyone else. They know they are going to pay the penalty and the rest of the nation will be laughing at them. Now it's time to just do as much local damage control as they can. Keep the home town fans mired in misinformation to keep their support through it all. Sell tickets.

If I were a Pats fan, I would consider that deflator explanation an insult to my intelligence. Guess that means I'm too smart to be a Pats fan. Which really makes me wonder about Pats fans.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a Pats fan, I would consider that deflator explanation an insult to my intelligence. Guess that means I'm too smart to be a Pats fan. Which really makes me wonder about Pats fans.
Just wait for this next round of BS from their base. Now that Goodell is said to be the arbiter of this thing, the teams web site makes a lot more sense. They are going to be able to spin this along with the hate/distrust of Goodell to make every damned home fan buy into their nonsense. They are going to support that team more than ever no matter what is uncovered.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain embarrassing . You want to know how to shut up a Pats fan? Just ask them to explain the texts, they go silent. Amazing? Right?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain embarrassing . You want to know how to shut up a Pats fan? Just ask them to explain the texts, they go silent. Amazing? Right?
No, now their team gave them the appropriate words to say:
weight-watchers-small.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this before or after the drug tests?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of 4 Colts balls were measured as low. The colts admitted to testing the interception ball multiple times. Wait - isn't that admitting they stuck a needle in a game ball? What were they doing with a needle on the sideline anyways?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please stop with these threads... You do realize it is making us Patriots fans look worse and more and more like crybabies!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please stop with these threads... You do realize it is making us Patriots fans look worse and more and more like crybabies!

This thread is not a good one for you to whine in. It established like no other thread I'm aware of that the biggest supporters of the Wells report don't really know what is or isn't in it.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is not a good one for you to whine in. It established like no other thread I'm aware of that the biggest supporters of the Wells report don't really know what is or isn't in it.

it has established this?

I get it, the Wells Report if full of holes (as many are) and we can sit here at pick it apart but we don't need 5,000 threads about the report, do you think they cheated? How do you deflate balls without be caught, where do you deflate balls? etc threads... That's what I am getting at. The entire first page of the NFL Board is about this kind of stuff

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i've seen 4 parades since i turned 25, just for the patriots.

i no longer give a fuck, i just want another parade.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has established this?

I get it, the Wells Report if full of holes (as many are) and we can sit here at pick it apart but we don't need 5,000 threads about the report, do you think they cheated? How do you deflate balls without be caught, where do you deflate balls? etc threads... That's what I am getting at. The entire first page of the NFL Board is about this kind of stuff

The Wells report implies that the Pats followed one cheating procedure in the Colts game and a different cheating procedure in other games. It turned out that nobody had noticed this aspect of the story. I.e., they weren't paying attention to the report.

(Of course, there's no evidence for either procedure actually having happened, and in fact clear evidence that there was NOT cheating in the case of the Colts game. But that part of the discussion is indeed, as you suggest, covered in multiple other threads.)

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying this is not the case... Just saying in general we don't need a billion threads... It just happneed that I posted this in this thread

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what your question is here.

The Wells report claimed a pattern of behavior. The Wells report also said that the events of the Colts game were unique. It did not explain how to reconcile the two claims.

My opinion, of course, is that the Wells report is a crock of shit. But most posters here disagree. So I'm asking how you guys reconcile the seeming contradiction.

There was a report on the radio yesterday that the Patriots are claiming Wells left out of the report what was on the security cameras, namily McNally picking up the two bags of balls in front of the game officials in the locker room. Not sneaking them out like first claimed.

It will be intersting to see if this report pans out, because if it does it's devestating to the report and it's credibility.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a report on the radio yesterday that the Patriots are claiming Wells left out of the report what was on the security cameras, namily McNally picking up the two bags of balls in front of the game officials in the locker room. Not sneaking them out like first claimed.

It will be intersting to see if this report pans out, because if it does it's devestating to the report and it's credibility.

I'm not sure how this would change anything? I think everyone already agrees that the NFL needs to tighten up how they handle ball security prior to the start of a game. Pats fans are completely embarrassing themselves with how they are handling this.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right because it's not a slang term used in our culture in regards to losing weight. :L

Deflate Your Weight | Jeni Fit

IF you need me I'll be at the gym getting my "swell on". I'm going to get "swoll".

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how this would change anything? I think everyone already agrees that the NFL needs to tighten up how they handle ball security prior to the start of a game. Pats fans are completely embarrassing themselves with how they are handling this.

Not at all. I think the league is embarrassing itself in how it handles investigations. Putting aside whether the balls were intentionally deflated or not, the Wells report is a complet hatchet job when you read through it.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I think the league is embarrassing itself in how it handles investigations. Putting aside whether the balls were intentionally deflated or not, the Wells report is a complet hatchet job when you read through it.

Yet the NFL read the report and felt like they needed to come down hard on the Patriots. Is everyone just out for them or are you reading the report looking for any loophole you can find?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 of 4 Colts balls were measured as low. The colts admitted to testing the interception ball multiple times. Wait - isn't that admitting they stuck a needle in a game ball? What were they doing with a needle on the sideline anyways?

It's also an equipment violation by them. Once they were approved by the game officials the rules state they can't not be gauged again by anyone other than the NFL officials from that point on, including the opposing teams staff.