• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for one of you cap experts

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see my post earlier which says the warriors have already 2 billion in committed incoming money from the new arena?

They have the means if they want.

Yes.

But @WiggyRuss is going to continue to live in denial here.

This thing might get blown up this summer if KD leaves. But it won't be because of the luxury tax bill like Wiggy and many others have assumed.

Dan Gilbert is not the only owner in the NBA who would sacrifice revenue for the chance to maintain a dynasty.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think the W's will go with the general makeup of the roster as is regardless of cost to keep KD But once Dray comes up for FA I think they make the decision to part ways there...provided KD is still on the team.

KD is a wild card. He's obviously a sensitive cat and maybe the fact no one sees his rings (even if he wins a third) like they'd see Lebron's or Birds etc he may want to set out on his own.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that it's going to be tough to replace Keving Durant If he leaves because the Warriors are so far over the Salary cap. If you go to hoopshype.com it looks like Durant has a player option of 31 million, Klays 18 comes off the books which leaves the Warriors at 113 million. Deduct Kevin's salary of 31 then drops it 80 million, but Klay will want a max contract in order to say and they are back at 113 million again.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

This thing might get blown up this summer if KD leaves. But it won't be because of the luxury tax bill like Wiggy and many others have assumed.

Dan Gilbert is not the only owner in the NBA who would sacrifice revenue for the chance to maintain a dynasty.

Yeah, to be honest, I was definitely one of those who thought that the tax bill was going to be more than the Warriors were going to be willing to pay, even for a season.

But then I heard about the $2 billion in committed income. For them, it's not a question of can they pay the tax, just whether or not they will. I think they will for at least a season or 2.

As @flyerhawk said: KD might leave, but it won't be because the Warriors wouldn't pay him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

live in denial?

you are being butt hurt about me posting facts

did i ever say whether they would pay it or not?

I just stated what the cost would be and it made your little weak pea sized brain go crazy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see my post earlier which says the warriors have already 2 billion in committed incoming money from the new arena?

They have the means if they want.
im just laying out what a common sense calculation of the cost would be.

you can come to your own conclusions

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD isn't leaving because the Warriors won't pay him. Assuming he leaves.
my post merely illustrates that to keep "The Big 4" for next year and the following year would mean an expenditure of well over half a billion dollars for 2 years of player costs and could approach 3/4 of a billion dollars in an extreme scenario.

I will leave that up to everyones common sense to determine if that is sustainable.

I mean how many of us actually believe that all of dray, klay, durant and curry are staying? id guess less than 10% of people.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my post merely illustrates that to keep "The Big 4" for next year and the following year would mean an expenditure of well over half a billion dollars for 2 years of player costs and could approach 3/4 of a billion dollars in an extreme scenario.

I will leave that up to everyones common sense to determine if that is sustainable.

I mean how many of us actually believe that all of dray, klay, durant and curry are staying? id guess less than 10% of people.

I don't think there is any chance that they keep the team together beyond 2019-2020. If KD stays next year it is a one and done scenario and I actually believe he is going to leave.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any chance that they keep the team together beyond 2019-2020. If KD stays next year it is a one and done scenario and I actually believe he is going to leave.

Yep, one more year max with all 4, and only if KD wants to shoot for a 4-peat and have more rings than LeBron before he goes to the next team. Might be done this year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just laying out what a common sense calculation of the cost would be.

you can come to your own conclusions

Hence the “if they want”. I didn’t say it was a foregone conclusion or even likely.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh im sure that will be your excuse
I’m saying that if it were me, I wouldn’t pay it because it’s ridiculous. Lucky (or unlucky) for me, I’m not a billionaire team owner with the decision to make.

But continue to be big mad tho.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m saying that if it were me, I wouldn’t pay it because it’s ridiculous. Lucky (or unlucky) for me, I’m not a billionaire team owner with the decision to make.

But continue to be big mad tho.
im not mad- im just laying out common sense- its you guys who's anger is blinding you away from common sense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
live in denial?

you are being butt hurt about me posting facts

did i ever say whether they would pay it or not?

I just stated what the cost would be and it made your little weak pea sized brain go crazy.

Yes you have.

Not on this thread, but many times in the past.

You said it was impossible for the Warriors to keep all their stars because of the luxury tax. And you crunched the same numbers coming out to a projection of $400 million a year or so if they re-up everybody.

And I don't think it is impossible for them to pay that for a couple years. Has been my point for the last 2 seasons and it looks like I am probably right. If KD stays, we might just find out.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not mad- im just laying out common sense- its you guys who's anger is blinding you away from common sense.
I literally said I wouldn’t and I don’t believe they will but you eliminating all possibility of the warriors hitting a huge tax and paying it is also wishful thinking.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally said I wouldn’t and I don’t believe they will but you eliminating all possibility of the warriors hitting a huge tax and paying it is also wishful thinking.
its not wishful thinking - its common sense by a person who can do math.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not wishful thinking - its common sense by a person who can do math.
You need to take an intro to statistics course to understand probability levels. We’re literally not even arguing against each other.

Saying they can doesn’t represent a 50% probability. Not a 20% probablity not even 5%. It’s just a possibility.