• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for all the Kaep supporters

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that people just assume that with Kaep, we will suddenly morph into the Greatest Show on Candlestick Sludge in January?!? Kaep is running the same offense with a few added dimensions that Smith, no matter how efficient he is, cannot physically match.

Smith has little to no pocket presence while Kaep has shown an ability to extend plays.

Smith has shown to be inaccurate and/or unwilling to throw past 20 yes whereas Kaep has done it 8 times in two games.

Smith has shown slightly above average run ability for a QB while Kaep is at the upper echelon of QBs in the NFL.

Smith is hesitant to go through his reads and resorts to dumpoffs whereas Kaep has been unrelenting in his willingness to keep pushing the ball downfield.

Niners knew that if the Niners had a 3rd and 5+, it was almost automatic that our special teams unit would be on the field shortly after. With Kaep, plays and drives have been extended.

I will look at Smith and thank him for his dedication to this franchise but Kaep is our present AND future and I would like to roll with him. If Harbaugh can mask Smith's weaknesses and glorify his strengths, then he can surely do the same with Kaep.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that people just assume that with Kaep, we will suddenly morph into the Greatest Show on Candlestick Sludge in January?!? Kaep is running the same offense with a few added dimensions that Smith, no matter how efficient he is, cannot physically match.

Smith has little to no pocket presence while Kaep has shown an ability to extend plays.

Smith has shown to be inaccurate and/or unwilling to throw past 20 yes whereas Kaep has done it 8 times in two games.

Smith has shown slightly above average run ability for a QB while Kaep is at the upper echelon of QBs in the NFL.

Smith is hesitant to go through his reads and resorts to dumpoffs whereas Kaep has been unrelenting in his willingness to keep pushing the ball downfield.

Niners knew that if the Niners had a 3rd and 5+, it was almost automatic that our special teams unit would be on the field shortly after. With Kaep, plays and drives have been extended.

I will look at Smith and thank him for his dedication to this franchise but Kaep is our present AND future and I would like to roll with him. If Harbaugh can mask Smith's weaknesses and glorify his strengths, then he can surely do the same with Kaep.

Exactly. The offense will be the same, except for those 4-5 plays a game where Smith won't/can't throw downfield. CK has the arm strength to get the ball in there.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's okay. I still blame Singletary for Druckenmiller.

Yeah, I blame Singletary for Phillip Lawrence's whiff of Aeneas Williams that ended Steve Young's career (and our dynasty).

I also blame Singletary for the appointment of Terry Donahue, the Space Shuttle Challenger, the Carter administration, controlled burns, Cop Rock, global warming, the debate as to whether or not global warming is real and/or relevant, hair pieces, crack cocaine, shark finning, Phoenix Arizona, information leaks, the internet, Radio Shack, fraudulent corporate accounting practices, the Dallas Mavericks, daylight savings time...

...holy shit I'm crazy. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Llama, bitches!!!! :llama:

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I blame Singletary for Phillip Lawrence's whiff of Aeneas Williams that ended Steve Young's career (and our dynasty).

I also blame Singletary for the appointment of Terry Donahue, the Space Shuttle Challenger, the Carter administration, controlled burns, Cop Rock, global warming, the debate as to whether or not global warming is real and/or relevant, hair pieces, crack cocaine, shark finning, Phoenix Arizona, information leaks, the internet, Radio Shack, fraudulent corporate accounting practices, the Dallas Mavericks, daylight savings time...

...holy shit I'm crazy. WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Llama, bitches!!!! :llama:

Can we blame Singletary for Terry Donahue?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Honestly my biggest concern is what happens if we have a bad game. I mean like another Vikings or Giants game where the whole team just looks our of sync. What happens then?

Not really a Kaep concern though as this is a concern with either guy starting. At some point Harbaugh needs to be more firm in his commitment to one or the other, and then live or die by his decision. I figure that is what he's doing, but he keeps leaving the door open that this all just a week by week process.

Haven't read the whole thread, yet, but I kind of felt that way about the offense in the Saints game. There were lots of penalties and mistakes in the first half. The running game wasn't doing much. Obviously the pick-sixes were huge and turned this game, but I thought Kap handled the adversity pretty well.

One of the things I like about Kap is that he doesn't rely on rhythm as much as Smith. He can strike at any time and get us back in a game. Smith needs much more structure and support IMO.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will say, I wouldn't have thrown my support behind Kap if we hadn't seen him come in and just throw lasers against the Bears. I was very concerned about his accuracy, but he has largely answered those questions to date. Frankly, he's been more accurate than Smith down the field (and I don't think it's particularly close...), he just throws far fewer short passes. He's made some bad decisions and thrown a few bad balls, but I can live with that. We're virtually a lock for the playoffs at this point, with what amounts to a three-game lead over Seattle, so he's got five weeks to figure things out.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read the whole thread, yet, but I kind of felt that way about the offense in the Saints game. There were lots of penalties and mistakes in the first half. The running game wasn't doing much. Obviously the pick-sixes were huge and turned this game, but I thought Kap handled the adversity pretty well.

One of the things I like about Kap is that he doesn't rely on rhythm as much as Smith. He can strike at any time and get us back in a game. Smith needs much more structure and support IMO.

Yours and a lot of other fans - well said!

Kap has had to operate from behind in two of his three games and to your point - it seemed as if he didn't give a shit, he just went about his business.

I get the sense with Kap that he just expects to win - With Alex I always got the impression that he just hoped to complete the next pass.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It all boils down to CK alone presents a pick your poison scenario for the defense.

Going up against Alex all a defense needed to do cover long enough for Alex to pass on the deeper options and check down which was rather quickly. So a defense could play close to the line of scrimmage to quickly attack the run or tackle the short pass Smith would throw. Smith might burn you deep a couple of times a game at best so you're better off taking those odds.

This is why the Giants had success against us because they can rush 4 and put everyone in coverage and force Smith to make difficult throws which he just doesn't do.

CK on the other hand can extend plays and is a very legitimate threat to throw it deep so defenses can't just play it close to the LOS anymore. Both the Bears and Saints were focused on stopping the run which opened things up deeper down the field where he made both teams pay.

As long as he keeps throwing lasers defenses are going to have to back off and once they do we slam them with the run.

CK starting creates a perfect synergy with the offense and accomplishes what Harbaugh wants to do which is to attack every inch of the field. We've been called a power run offense but the truth is Harbaugh's goal is a complete offense that can attack you with power or speed and on the ground or through the air. Harbaugh wants to be able to analyze a defense and be able to fully exploit it's weakness.