• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question for all the Kaep supporters

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I am not nervous about it is because I think he comes into a perfect situation. He has a defense that is good enough to overcome some of his mistakes (like the Saints game) and I think he is good enough that he won't make so many the defense can't bail him out. We have a great running game so he won't be forced to put the team on his shoulders. This situation will do wonders for his confidence and comfort, and those are two greatly overlooked aspects of the position.

But he has already made some NFL throws. You can see that the talent is there and I think that he brings an element to the team that they haven't had in a while... downfield play from the QB.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interceptions happen the only thing I worry about with Kaep is how loosely he holds the ball when he runs.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm still on the boat that it's a terrible move simply because if he fails the fans aren't going to be happy.. Especially if it comes in the playoffs.. How do you respond to something like that. It's a double edged sword really.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm not nervous at all. That's not to say I don't expect CK to have some bad outings or struggles but I do believe he's the next star QB in the league.

For one CK is Harbaugh's handpicked guy and Harbaugh has an excellent resume when it comes to knowing QBs. So I trust Harbaugh to know if making CK the starter is the right move or not and if he's the QB that gives us the best chance to win.

Secondly it's hard to imagine a better situation for a young QB. Good weapons to throw the ball too and best rushing attack and defense to back him up not to mention an excellent coaching staff that's going to put him in positions to succeed. Also he's taking over with the team firmly in the drivers seat to make the playoffs so there isn't an immense pressure on him to win.

My take is as much I thought Alex Smith was playing good football it wasn't going to be enough to win it all. If we matched up against the Giants again in the playoffs I think the results would've been the same as they were last time.

Obviously going with CK assures us nothing but going with him is worth it because if he hits his stride then we have a far better chance at winning it all. And if we do lose at the very least we got him some in game experience this season so we can go full steam ahead next season.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes thats right aaron rodgers might as well give up too, no way he can possibly win a playoff game against them now

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm not saying Harbaugh made the wrong decision, I kind of think he made the right call, but the reports I read out of training camp were that Kaep was pretty inaccurate, he had a few fumbles he was bailed out on by his own team in the Rams game and he had an interception in the Saints game -- so my question is for the supporters -- how many of you are nervous about this decision and if you're not nervous, why do you think those earlier issues with Kaep are behind him, or is the upside worth those issues?

For me, the biggest concern/obstacle for him was his poise and calm behind the pocket. I feared seeing a nervous rookie, rushing his throws or making the wrong reads etc.... he hasn't done so nor demonstrated a habit of breaking down like that.

His confidence and focus in the pocket is mature and welcoming if you're going to plug him in for the rest of the season and playoffs(if). He needs to hold on to the ball, all QBs do including Smith. That shouldn't be any different. His interception in the NO game, some would say it was based off a bad snap which it was but of course you don't want to see him make that throw. Then there should've been another INT or pic 6 in the endzone where he really threw a bad one to Moss(or maybe Jenkins). He hasn't shown to make a habit of that at this time. Kap will make mistakes, it's all part of the learning curve/experience that we as fans just have to go through.

But nonetheless, Harbaugh n co. will not put Kap in the position to increase his odds of making a mistake. I just wish they get rid of that QB option.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I am not nervous about it is because I think he comes into a perfect situation. He has a defense that is good enough to overcome some of his mistakes (like the Saints game) and I think he is good enough that he won't make so many the defense can't bail him out. We have a great running game so he won't be forced to put the team on his shoulders. This situation will do wonders for his confidence and comfort, and those are two greatly overlooked aspects of the position.

But he has already made some NFL throws. You can see that the talent is there and I think that he brings an element to the team that they haven't had in a while... downfield play from the QB.

yes sir +1

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on KNBR this morning that in the huddle while calling a play for Frank Gore, he told Gore "You better run, mother fucker". That's cool. I don't think Smith would ever do that.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly my biggest concern is what happens if we have a bad game. I mean like another Vikings or Giants game where the whole team just looks our of sync. What happens then?

Not really a Kaep concern though as this is a concern with either guy starting. At some point Harbaugh needs to be more firm in his commitment to one or the other, and then live or die by his decision. I figure that is what he's doing, but he keeps leaving the door open that this all just a week by week process.

I actually think Kaepernick may have an advatage in games such as those. I think that with Smith in there during a game like that, we lose because he cannot make something out of a busted play whereas Kaepernick can.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm not saying Harbaugh made the wrong decision, I kind of think he made the right call, but the reports I read out of training camp were that Kaep was pretty inaccurate, he had a few fumbles he was bailed out on by his own team in the Rams game and he had an interception in the Saints game -- so my question is for the supporters -- how many of you are nervous about this decision and if you're not nervous, why do you think those earlier issues with Kaep are behind him, or is the upside worth those issues?

he's made big strides since preseason. harbaugh can see what he's been doing in practice. so between that and what i've seen the past two games, i'm confident in the decision.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dramatically improved all four years at Nevada and has improved since his first preseason games last year. That type of improvement takes a great work ethic which, by all accounts, he has. I have no reason to believe that he won't continue to improve and become even more dynamic this year.

another great point. i've read articles saying he's at the facilities before 6am. he was at camp alex, sat and learned from both smith and harbaugh. he not only has the physical tools, he has the work ethic and qb intangibles to be great.

if ryan leaf had the same work ethic, he'd be the best qb in the league today.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more stories I read about Kaep -- whether it's his work ethic in going to the facility at 6 a.m. everyday when he was 2nd string, how he prides himself in being a student of the game, his aggressive, confident mentality, and his reads and arm and looking to throw first despite his great running ability ---- the more confident I feel that this is going to work out ok. There will be hiccups I'm sure, but I can't think of one qb decision over Harbaugh's coaching career that he has botched, so that's another reason.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont hedge my words like alot of people seem to be doing. This move is wrong, 100%. It makes no sense and risks a potential Super Bowl winning season for your team.Here is my issue with the move: Kaep has great upside, nobody is arguing that his potential isnt better than Smiths. However you guys have a great running game and a great defense so you dont really need upside or potential RIGHT NOW. What you need is stability and a guy who isnt going to lose you games. This move by itself 100% guarantees you will have more mistakes made by your QB now than you would have had if Harbaugh had stayed with Smith. There is no way you wont A) because Kaep is younger and less experienced B) because the ONLY reason you are going to Kaep is because of his bigger arm, better athleticism, bigger playmaking ability. This means that if these things are the reason you make the move then you need to try and utilize them. That means MORE RISK. I see no reason to take more risk when you dont need to. Even if the upside is greater you DONT NEED IT TO BE to win now. You missed out on the SB last year because of a young guy making a bonehead mistake so now the cure to that is to play more young guys to make bonehead mistakes??? Its mind boggling. This move would make sense if you needed Kaep to win the SB, you dont, therefore its stupid.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont hedge my words like alot of people seem to be doing. This move is wrong, 100%. It makes no sense and risks a potential Super Bowl winning season for your team.Here is my issue with the move: Kaep has great upside, nobody is arguing that his potential isnt better than Smiths. However you guys have a great running game and a great defense so you dont really need upside or potential RIGHT NOW. What you need is stability and a guy who isnt going to lose you games. This move by itself 100% guarantees you will have more mistakes made by your QB now than you would have had if Harbaugh had stayed with Smith. There is no way you wont A) because Kaep is younger and less experienced B) because the ONLY reason you are going to Kaep is because of his bigger arm, better athleticism, bigger playmaking ability. This means that if these things are the reason you make the move then you need to try and utilize them. That means MORE RISK. I see no reason to take more risk when you dont need to. Even if the upside is greater you DONT NEED IT TO BE to win now. You missed out on the SB last year because of a young guy making a bonehead mistake so now the cure to that is to play more young guys to make bonehead mistakes??? Its mind boggling. This move would make sense if you needed Kaep to win the SB, you dont, therefore its stupid.

while kap will likely make some mistakes, in limited action he has shown excellent decision making and awareness which is a direct result of his work ethic. not to mention the big play potential with his arm and legs opens up the rest of the offense.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont hedge my words like alot of people seem to be doing. This move is wrong, 100%. It makes no sense and risks a potential Super Bowl winning season for your team.

You dont know nothin' The rook is better, which means we are going further than last year, which means SuperBowl babeeeee!!!!!! Even Smith can sit his noodle armed dumbass on the bench and collect a ring for doing nothin'

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while kap will likely make some mistakes, in limited action he has shown excellent decision making and awareness which is a direct result of his work ethic. not to mention the big play potential with his arm and legs opens up the rest of the offense.

He wont make some mistakes, he will make more. If for no reason other than the offense will open up more leading to more risk. Listen I dont give a shit if Kaep plays great the rest of the year, I hope he does but you dont need him to. You dont. You have a Super Bowl winning caliber team without him. Thats where the whole "upside" argument goes sideways. There is no higher upside than winning the SB and by going to Kaep you risk that WAY WAY more than you do by staying with Smith.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont know nothin' The rook is better, which means we are going further than last year, which means SuperBowl babeeeee!!!!!! Even Smith can sit his noodle armed dumbass on the bench and collect a ring for doing nothin'

LOL. Well spoken. Other than English and calling Kaep a rookie....

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont make some mistakes, he will make more. If for no reason other than the offense will open up more leading to more risk. Listen I dont give a shit if Kaep plays great the rest of the year, I hope he does but you dont need him to. You dont. You have a Super Bowl winning caliber team without him. Thats where the whole "upside" argument goes sideways. There is no higher upside than winning the SB and by going to Kaep you risk that WAY WAY more than you do by staying with Smith.

playing not to lose is a great way to lose

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing not to lose is a great way to lose

Who said anything about that?? Im talking about playing the style of FB that you guys do. The style that crushes and physically dominates people. The style that runs and crams the ball down peoples throats. The style that doesnt MAKE MISTAKES. Im not talking about playing not to lose, Im talking about common God damn sense. Its amazing to me that you guys are all behind this, Id be pitching a fucking fit if my coach was taking my SB caliber team and putting it in the hands of a guy who has never ever done a damn thing.

Geraint

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said. It takes a neutral person to make any sense around here :israel:

SuperBowl babeeeee!!!!!!