• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Quentin vs Greinke

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, as a teammate I think I'd get more fired up if he just tossed his bat down and trotted down to first base like it was nothing. Basically saying hey thanks for the free base bitch. To me that's more an eff you than starting a fight.

Oh, absolutely. when a guy is spoiling for a fight, as Greinke most certainly was, taking your base with a smile on your face means you won. But I'm not the guy to cast the first stone.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most macho sport there is besides bullfighting. If he said anything he said "take your base or fuck off." There's no way in hell he apologized but I'm sure you were kidding.

No I don't think he apologized, but he could have just as easily brushed him off. Doesn't mean he was antagonizing him. Grienke is too big of a pussy to be standing up there spouting off, IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post was directed to me, not the Dodgers.

Dude, get over yourself.

I only attack you when you come itching for a fight on our board. Anywhere else, I talk the topic purely. Often, you and I even take the same side in topics.

You are the one who goes around trying to stir shit up with inflammatory terms and trollish topics (calling our player a "fat ass" then claiming you just wanted a discussion).

You don't like the Giants. Fine you are allowed. I don't hate the Padres. In fact, if they were not in the NLW, I could see myself adopting them as my B team.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, get over yourself.

I only attack you when you come itching for a fight on our board. Anywhere else, I talk the topic purely. Often, you and I even take the same side in topics.

You are the one who goes around trying to stir shit up with inflammatory terms and trollish topics (calling our player a "fat ass" then claiming you just wanted a discussion).

You don't like the Giants. Fine you are allowed. I don't hate the Padres. In fact, if they were not in the NLW, I could see myself adopting them as my B team.

I'm really not sure what you're talking about or what you're so worked up about. I don't like Giants fans but I'd take 100 more like you here on the Hoop.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew making this thread would stir up some stuff. Especially with all these die-hard NL West fans on the Hoop.

:pop2:

Proceed.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While Stark is usually a pretty good observer of MLB, there is one point he's missing with the tweet/pic that is really obvious in a vid of the scene of the crime.

It's not the fact that Quentin crowds the plates or hangs over the strike zone. It's more along the lines of he makes zero effort to get out of the way. He obviously didn't care if he got hit, otherwise he would have attempted to move.

My point having said that is this; why was he mad? Because Greinke was 'brave' enough to pitch inside? Please

The youngins in baseball these days are too much style and not enough substance.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it just sucks for LA losing their ace, for a good amount of time. The situation could of easily been avoided.

Pretty sure kershaw is their ace, and Quentin was wrong.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin didn't lean into the pitch. Greinke for some reason lost control of his pitch & hit him. Greinke then said something to Quentin & that's when he charged the mound. All Greinke had to do was keep his mouth shut. He couldn't help himself & know he's hurt his team in a big way. Mattingly & the Dodgers can whine & cry all they want. It won't change the fact Greinke is going to miss significant time.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin didn't lean into it. However, he made zero effort to move, either. 3-2 count; you're losing by a run. You need a man on base to try and even it up. I guess Carlos felt that instead of taking ball four, he was going to do the macho thing, and take the HBP. So again, what's he mad about?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure kershaw is their ace, and Quentin was wrong.

Yeah we established that. But LA has pretty much 2 aces on their staff. Greinke has been his teams' ace for his entire career.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin didn't lean into the pitch. Greinke for some reason lost control of his pitch & hit him. Greinke then said something to Quentin & that's when he charged the mound. All Greinke had to do was keep his mouth shut. He couldn't help himself & know he's hurt his team in a big way. Mattingly & the Dodgers can whine & cry all they want. It won't change the fact Greinke is going to miss significant time.

His cocky little ass couldn't do that for shit. I too believe he got what he deserved.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Greinke is cocky, he is just a little bitch. This would of never happened if Quentin wouldn't have reacted like he did though, he should expect it by now.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin didn't lean into it. However, he made zero effort to move, either. 3-2 count; you're losing by a run. You need a man on base to try and even it up. I guess Carlos felt that instead of taking ball four, he was going to do the macho thing, and take the HBP. So again, what's he mad about?

Quentin had no intention of charging the mound until Greinke opened his mouth. If Greinke keeps his mouth shut nothing happens. Greinke couldn't backup his words & paid for it.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quentin had no intention of charging the mound until Greinke opened his mouth. If Greinke keeps his mouth shut nothing happens. Greinke couldn't backup his words & paid for it.

The otherside of that though is didn't Quentin say something first? I could be wrong. But based on the video he was ready to go immediately.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vid says otherwise

He took the hit and immediately stepped towards the mound. If that isn't intention, I don't know what is. Quentin wasn't stepping towards the mound because he wanted to chat. He was looking for a reason, and Greinke apparently gave him one.

They're both knuckleheads as far as I'm concerned. Paid to play a child's game and they both still act like kids, too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The otherside of that though is didn't Quentin say something first? I could be wrong. But based on the video he was ready to go immediately.

Greinke had hit Quentin twice before, there was also at least one time in which Greinke almost hit Quentin in the head. I don't doubt Quentin wanted to charge the mound, but he hesitated. Quentin didn't charge immediately. All it took was for Greinke to say something, which he did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way he was standing he was waiting on one peep from Greinke. And who wouldn't say something when Quentin said what he said.

He was stirring up shit from the past. If he walks to first, even if he gives him a dirty look and walks on, nothing happens. Fact.